Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Where are all the buses?
Forum Index -> General/Chat Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
GB2S
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2022 4:29 pm    Post subject: Where are all the buses? Reply with quote

Spent a week at Custer State Park (Mt Rushmore). Didn’t see a single VW camper the whole time I was there. Where are they?

Geoff
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2022 4:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Where are all the buses? Reply with quote

They're all at my house Wink

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Jetfxr69
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2022 4:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Where are all the buses? Reply with quote

the smart ones are put up for the winter to avoid salt. or do they not use salt there? east coast cancer propogator

‘77 westy Seamus
‘76 tintop Crusher
‘77 westy The Judge
‘72 tintop bastard westy Hudson
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Bonesberg55
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2022 6:09 am    Post subject: Re: Where are all the buses? Reply with quote

Having never been to Mt. Rushmore I can only guess that its a climb to get there. Check for buses at the bottom of the mountain.
VeeDubn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2022 12:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Where are all the buses? Reply with quote

We've been asking the same question . . . We drove our '88 Westy from Washington state, over to Maine, down to North Carolina, then back home to Washington this past September - other than Buses Nowhere Near the Arch, we saw fewer than 10 VWs (including Buses, Vanagons, Westies, and Eurovans). We were told back east that people pack up their vans in September due to the salt on the roads, but what is going on in the rest of the country? Nothing puts a bigger smile on my face than seeing a VW driving down the road Smile
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2022 1:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Where are all the buses? Reply with quote

Busses are everywhere. A Buses are often unreported.
Emily's Owner
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2022 1:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Where are all the buses? Reply with quote

Abscate wrote:
Busses are everywhere. A Buses are often unreported.

Nope, he's using it correctly, it's buses:

"The plural of the noun bus is buses. You might see the plural busses, but that form is so rare that it seems like an error to many people. You might also see the verbs bussed and bussing, both of which are rare and also come across as an error to many people. The plural of bus is buses."

A buss is a kiss, so....

ITMC - OG Den Mother

What (and I cannot stress this enough) The Actual Fuck?!

1974 Transporter
2023 Subaru Outback
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2022 1:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Where are all the buses? Reply with quote

Quote:
A buss is a kiss, so....

Exactly.

I grew up in the Busses era. The only real Busses are Ssplitss
Bonesberg55
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2022 2:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Where are all the buses? Reply with quote

I'm against bussing.
Dusty1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2022 9:49 am    Post subject: Re: Where are all the buses? Reply with quote

GB2S wrote:
Spent a week at Custer State Park (Mt Rushmore). Didn’t see a single VW camper the whole time I was there. Where are they?

Japan? Laughing

Brazil? Rolling Eyes

Glenn wrote:
They're all at my house Wink

The Zoning Enforcement Officer will be paying you a visit any moment now... Twisted Evil

VeeDubn wrote:
We've been asking the same question . . . We drove our '88 Westy from Washington state, over to Maine, down to North Carolina, then back home to Washington this past September - other than Buses Nowhere Near the Arch, we saw fewer than 10 VWs (including Buses, Vanagons, Westies, and Eurovans).

There is a VW shop near Belfast, Maine that's buried in transporters.

A day late and a dollar short but be sure to stop at Young's Lobster Pound when you're in Belfast.

Extra credit if you crank the reggae real loud out in the parking lot. Very Happy

VeeDubn wrote:
We were told back east that people pack up their vans in September due to the salt on the roads, but what is going on in the rest of the country? Nothing puts a bigger smile on my face than seeing a VW driving down the road Smile

There was a time I could guide you to a dozen or more old Kombis languishing in the woods including a '67 double cab, a '60 kombi with no transaxle or reduction boxes, even a Deluxe or two.

Hell, I used to have half a dozen of mine my yard including the '65 I imported from California.

Next trip east bring a big magnet. Then you can pick up the tiny ferrous oxide particles roadside that used to be VWs. Rolling Eyes

Reply to topic    Forum Index -> General/Chat All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: