Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

10 window bus?
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Willin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2022 8:49 am    Post subject: 10 window bus? Reply with quote

Hello
Back in 1980 I bought a 60 bus. I sold it shortly after, I bought a nicer 62.
I have one old photo of the 60. It shows no side window behind the cargo doors.So, two windows behind the pass. door. Three windows on the driver's side.
Is this a 10 window bus?

Thanks
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ronjonlasvegas
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2022 9:36 am    Post subject: Re: 10 window bus? Reply with quote

What you are describing is a 10 window bus but the logical explanation is it probably started life as a panel bus and somewhere along the line a prior owner added cargo doors with windows and added windows onto the drivers side long panel.
busdaddy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2022 11:02 am    Post subject: Re: 10 window bus? Reply with quote

Or aftermarket camper windows?, could even be a crash repair with a clip from a windowed, or non windowed donor.

Please don't PM technical questions, ask your problem in public so everyone can play along. If you think it's too stupid post it here
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!

Слава Україні!
hitest
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2022 11:08 am    Post subject: Re: 10 window bus? Reply with quote

Sure sounds like a common camper conversion to me. Share the picture with us.

I wonder what the nut looks like.

'62 L390 151, '62 L469 117, '63 L380 113, '64 L87 311, '65 L512 265, '65 L31 SO-42, '66 L360 251, '68 L30k 141, '71 L12 113, '74 ORG 181

FU#5
Willin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2022 11:45 am    Post subject: Re: 10 window bus? Reply with quote

The photo is an old black and white print. Not very clear except I can see the right side.
The left side windows were factory appearing, not added camper windows.
Could be about the doors.
I think it had a camper interior, but no sub hatch.
This was a long time ago.
The factory didn't make any 10 windows?
Not sure why I brought this up. But it might be possible to ID the bus if say, it was stolen recently?
Thanks
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ronjonlasvegas
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2022 12:15 pm    Post subject: Re: 10 window bus? Reply with quote

Willin wrote:
The photo is an old black and white print. Not very clear except I can see the right side.
The left side windows were factory appearing, not added camper windows.
Could be about the doors.
I think it had a camper interior, but no sub hatch.
This was a long time ago.
The factory didn't make any 10 windows?
Not sure why I brought this up. But it might be possible to ID the bus if say, it was stolen recently?
Thanks

The factory made buses with an equal number of windows on each side. So it either had no windows on the sides behind the doors or 3 windows on each side behind the front doors. The factory obviously made deluxe buses with more than 3 windows on the sides but they did not make any bus with 3 windows on one side and 2 windows on the other side.
Willin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2022 3:44 pm    Post subject: Re: 10 window bus? Reply with quote

Well, I found another pic of the drivers side.
Three camper awning style windows. That solves that mystery.
Like I said, a long time ago.
The cargo door windows must have been added to a panel.
Sorry, this didn't turn out as some rare bird.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: