Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Pre-fabricated parts
Forum Index -> Eurovan Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
plforsyth
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2022 6:30 pm    Post subject: Pre-fabricated parts Reply with quote

Hi all,

I have a 03 Eurovan Weekender that I am slowly rehabbing. This Summer I’m working on the rust on the steel support under the bumper cover and around the back wheel wells. Does anyone know if the pictured part can be bought pre- fabricated and if not who wound make it? Thanks for any insight, this forum has been priceless during my rehab.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2022 3:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Pre-fabricated parts Reply with quote

These guys are pretty good

https://www.heritagepartscentre.com/us/
Tvättbjörn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2022 6:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Pre-fabricated parts Reply with quote

whats wrong with it? The little bit of rust on the surface and corner? Clean / repair it with small repair patches. You will do more damage by replacing the complete piece.
VanGeek
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2022 2:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Pre-fabricated parts Reply with quote

Well.... I'm diisassembling all the bumpers on my new-to-me 2001 Multi-Van since it spend a lot of it's life in the Northeast.

Looks like I need one of these as well. Mine is partially disintegrated due to corrosion.

The good news is my front bumper and supports are in very good condition with just a smidge of light surface rust in a few places. The rear bumper and supports are less-pristine but still much better than expected. Some rust on the edges in a few places that will be treated and protected.

However this left rear support piece was hit hard by the tin worm and I'll need to fabricate or find a replacement. Heritage doesn't show this part in their catalog so pls chime-in if you can recommend another source.
soissisc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 10:13 am    Post subject: Re: Pre-fabricated parts Reply with quote

I am doing some rust repair on mine. I came across this guy. It is overseas, not sure if he will ship to US, but, here it is.

https://www.steelwizardfabrication.com/products/lower-corner-panels

68 Westy
92 Jetta (oh it is retired)
99 Eurovan
05 NBC
06 Audi A3
72 Westy (I am going to fix it up)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 5:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Pre-fabricated parts Reply with quote

Mine look like yours, I gooped and sprayed them but can use a new set too.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Eurovan All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: