Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

New classic manx #93
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
matthewl
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2022 8:34 pm    Post subject: Re: New classic manx #93 Reply with quote

Got the hard lines ran. Now to mount the fuel regulator.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

oprn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2022 5:47 am    Post subject: Re: New classic manx #93 Reply with quote

I think I would have run those on the top side of the pan. Your choice, just watch out for speed bumps, curbs and such.
matthewl
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2022 9:24 pm    Post subject: Re: New classic manx #93 Reply with quote

Made a bracket for the fuel regulator.

Should be out of the way up there.
matthewl
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2022 8:05 pm    Post subject: Re: New classic manx #93 Reply with quote

Well made some hoses today. The fuel lines are almost done. Now to start on the front beam and then I can close up the hood. Then it will feel like I'm getting somewhere on this thing LOL.

matthewl
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2022 8:44 pm    Post subject: Re: New classic manx #93 Reply with quote

Life has been busy, and not much time for the Manx unfortunately. But I got out in the garage and put one side pod on. Probably should have waited, but I needed to get some visual inspiration.

matthewl
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2022 7:30 pm    Post subject: Re: New classic manx #93 Reply with quote

Started on the pedal assembly. Added gussets to the brake and clutch pedal. Now just have to reassemble them with the painted TURBO pedal.

matthewl
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2022 7:59 pm    Post subject: Re: New classic manx #93 Reply with quote

Ordered a roll bar from Meyers Manx.
Link

matthewl
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2022 10:26 pm    Post subject: Re: New classic manx #93 Reply with quote

Some more progress. The gas tank is in after some clearance issues were fixed, on the front passenger side of the tank. Next I had to see how it looks with the top on. So on goes the windshield frame. I never liked how laid back the windshield was, but had no clue at what angle it is to be set at. Well after some searching the only thing I could find was info on the kick outs roll bar. It said to match the windshield frame angle of 18° laid back. Well I lined mine up with the parting line of the hood and dash , which is 33° ( ouch). So that has to get fixed. But the top looks good on it, even if it is covered in bubble wrap lol

matthewl
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2023 9:29 am    Post subject: Re: New classic manx #93 Reply with quote

Buggy has been on the back burner through the holidays, but plan on getting on it now. First got to get it back on the ground and rolling. Then tackle the rest of the wiring. There is a VW show around March that would be awesome to take it to. So that is my new overambitious goal lol.
matthewl
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2023 11:17 pm    Post subject: Re: New classic manx #93 Reply with quote

Pushed it out to see what it looks like lol.
Link

matthewl
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2023 7:29 pm    Post subject: Re: New classic manx #93 Reply with quote

Well I brought some Bluetooth speaker for the buggy. After placing them around the buggy and playing music from them. The best place seems to be the one place I don't want to put them lol. But now I see why a lot of old buggy's with side pods that them there.

On another note, I got some cool hold downs for the roof.

matthewl
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2023 8:25 pm    Post subject: Re: New classic manx #93 Reply with quote

It hurt but I will have tunes now.

Side pods cover the back side perfect. If I did it again I would move them down about an inch. Totally forgot about the wiring tube, but it just clears.
matthewl
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2023 10:03 pm    Post subject: Re: New classic manx #93 Reply with quote

Been working 10+ hour days and the kids have baseball practice so not much buggy time🙁. But I got the A/C unit installed under the dash and the seat belts are in. The Bluetooth unit for the speakers is mounted and just needs wired. After that I just need to build a battery mount and all the electrical should be done.

jsturtlebuggy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2023 2:06 pm    Post subject: Re: New classic manx #93 Reply with quote

A/C in a buggy, there been a couple times I wished for that. Nice build.
Motion Tire Motorsports
Having fun with Dune Buggies since 1970
Into Volkswagens since 1960
matthewl
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2023 8:09 pm    Post subject: Re: New classic manx #93 Reply with quote

So I got some more of the A/C mounted. Got the condenser mounted ( yes it will get a fan) . Plus my hose crimping tool came , so now I can make all the hoses.

matthewl
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2023 9:02 pm    Post subject: Re: New classic manx #93 Reply with quote

Well it's all fitting in there. Could have put the bulkhead fittings slightly bmore forward, but don't want problems with the side pods getting in the way.

oprn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2023 5:36 am    Post subject: Re: New classic manx #93 Reply with quote

Well, I must say matthewl that for me, A/C goes completely counter to the whole Beach Buggy in the summer culture... but that's just me! In our part of the world days warm enough to run an open Buggy without a jacket are few and far between. What we do on occasion I suppose is just as radical... but on the other end of the thermometer!

At any rate you do good work and are enjoying what you do. This is what makes every Buggy unique in it's own way! Personalizing them is where the building fun is!

Carry one!
matthewl
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2023 8:44 pm    Post subject: Re: New classic manx #93 Reply with quote

Oprn never get that cold down here, maybe a week with a low in the 40°F range. Really the A/C will probably be useless except for at stop lights lol.
matthewl
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2023 8:46 pm    Post subject: Re: New classic manx #93 Reply with quote

Got he other side pod on, looks like some thing now haha.

Going to mount the roof next.
oprn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2023 2:10 am    Post subject: Re: New classic manx #93 Reply with quote

Yes, I keep thinking of heat in this one but just like you say, once it’s moving it would do very little good. I am exploring the idea of heated seats.

The white roof looks so good on that body!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 7 of 9

Jump to: