Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Roof Rack Decal
Forum Index -> Accessories/Memorabilia/Toys Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jorge Graziani
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:17 am    Post subject: Roof Rack Decal Reply with quote

Hi, I am restoring an german made roof rack for a 59 Bug. I realized how difficult is to find the load capacity decal that goes on the wooden slat above the drive`s seat to the point that I decided to stop looking in the internet and ask in this forum if anyone knows of a distributor that sale this hard to find item. I was refered the Wolfburg West in the past but they don`t carry this item anymore. I have seen a lots of nice pictures of it which tell me that someone in this world is producing the decal but unfortunately have been a very dificult task for my to buy just the decal. I am seriously thinking on research for specifications and procude my own. I need some help on this one!
56Cabrio
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is a pic of one and a site that shows how to make water decals.
http://www.aircooledvwaddiction.com/albums/album69/aaj.sized.jpg
http://lumberjocks.com/David/blog/325

1956 Rag Top owned since 1988
1956 Convertible owned since 2000
1963 Hard Top

RIP Dad 4/20/1951 - 2/4/2023
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
bwaz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

someone had been reproducing them and selling them in past, but I haven't seen the ad for a while. I bought one, I'll look to see if I have the envelope still and find a name.
panicman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am wanting the same decal. 58cabrio, thanks for the links! I was under the impression that the original decals were yellow... Am I wrong?
oceanaute
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2022 7:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Roof Rack Decal Reply with quote

Finally got it. I worked with Kevin Nagatani to do repro with right measuments. Turned out very nice. Any of you looking for rack decal project-therapy.com Thanks Kevin
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Accessories/Memorabilia/Toys All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: