Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Aircooled.net - [email protected]
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: [email protected]
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: February 10, 2023
Dave
Samba Elder

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2022 3:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Aircooled.net - [email protected] Reply with quote

sorry, Glenn, I just get my dander up when someone bashes or trashes friends of mine, and anytime they try to defend themselves, they get attacked even worse, and more.
I'll leave it alone.
I feel sorry for John and Channa, after all they have done to help promote and provide for the hobby, they get people bashing them. I would like to see ANYONE do what they have done over the last 23 years, and come out the other side...
Done.

"Those that matter, don't mind,
and those that mind, don't matter"
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2022 4:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Aircooled.net - [email protected] Reply with quote

Dave,

My post was not directed at you.

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Adriel Rowley
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2022 7:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Aircooled.net - [email protected] Reply with quote

Glenn wrote:
Dave,

My post was not directed at you.

And I said nothing, as not directed at me. Why bite the hand that feeds us?

In fact, there was a reason why I was asking if the email address remained the same. Wink

Dad's 1964 Beetle purchased September 1968.
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=9252810#9252810

1971 Sunroof Squareback with Fuel Injection
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=219811&highlight=squareback+rejuvenation
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
pyrOman
Fire Master

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2022 9:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Aircooled.net - [email protected] Reply with quote

Been a happy customer a few times and have referred a few people to ACN. Will be sorry to see you go but understand wholeheartedly! Best wishes! Cool
2type2
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2022 8:19 am    Post subject: Re: Aircooled.net - [email protected] Reply with quote

There are a few extremely knowledgeable individuals who have gone " out of their way" countless times to assist a random VW owner without any expectation of remediation except the satisfaction of helping a fellow aficionado. John is a dedicated example and deserves thanks and respect for that service alone. Thank you!

Some might say.... The Dude abides.
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2022 10:14 am    Post subject: Re: Aircooled.net - [email protected] Reply with quote

I see this kinda like the nitrogon tire thread. cheep ass vw people. john and his famly&staff have to make a living. not just squeek by. with that said. after that amount of time they are not getting any younger. retirement is always expensive. it would be nice of somebody takanted could partner with them to at some point take over the company that would eb nice. but the issue with nitrogen tires will still be there. ( aka cheep ass vw owners) there are a lot more of those than ones the know what things cost and why. just think how muh time he spends with people.and some know what theya re doning, most dont.then there are the ones the effup everything.... time is$$$ whats you hourly wage?? what do you think he should get?? this is one of the reasons why I tottaly stoped doing any outside vw work about 8 years ago. along with you cant fix stupid. and I dont do well with stupid. I hope john& the rest of the crew have great vacations and get everything sorted, weather selling, partnering or just some restructuring&sliming down the parts&services. this is aht china does to America. cheep parts sold at a slight lower price to the user, then the cip shit thats the bottom of the line of knocked off knock offs. and just a little cheeper. ever wonder why mexx&brazilla vw parts are dwindling?? china. I wish them well.
SGKent Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2022 11:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Aircooled.net - [email protected] Reply with quote

Sometimes the very best solution is to take a vacation and to rethink the business plan going forward.
Clatter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2022 12:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Aircooled.net - [email protected] Reply with quote

Man, i sure do miss Aircooled.net.
Here’s hoping they decide to get back in.
I’m going to be checking regularly.

JC is a man the likes of which we are losing in the world.

His telling the truth as he sees it right up front is so valuable to us trying to buy the good stuff and build a proper car.
You get to hear front/center what’s junk, what’s good, and even how to help make stuff fit and work.
The whole truth right up front; no buying stuff only to figure it out it’s junk.
And there’s a LOT of junk parts out there…
Any of these other vendors you’re going to get sold what they’re selling.

Some are so hung up on how the salespeople behave that they’re happy to get sold junk if they get treated specially.
Being a customer has become this ‘experience’ nowadays.
Many will revel in their chance to be right, even if they get had!

The same truth you benefit from in product descriptions can also be to your benefit in customer service,
If you can put away your little ego and feelings long enough to listen and learn.

Props to John and any of the old-school who are willing to tell the truth even if doing so might not currently be fashionable.

While i hope to have you all back for my own selfish reasons,
It would be great to hear you’re retired to a palapa in Cabo or doing camp host in a national park somewhere! Very Happy

What’s That Noise?!?
Semper Gumby
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2023 5:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Aircooled.net - [email protected] Reply with quote

Shocked

After all the nice props forum members shared about this company to me, I sort of feel cheated out of not being able to spend some of my wife’s future alimony money here.

Confused
nogoodwithusernames
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2023 10:44 am    Post subject: Re: Aircooled.net - [email protected] Reply with quote

A bit late to the party, I just saw the news and wanted to thank John and the team for the great service and support over the years.

-Derek
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
akokarski
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2024 2:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Aircooled.net - [email protected] Reply with quote

so is aircooled.net is out? it sounded like they were trying to figure out whether or not they will be back but there was no specific confirmation whether they are back or not. I am assuming they are out but site is still up.

Sucks to see them go.

Anton
pierrox
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2024 2:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Aircooled.net - [email protected] Reply with quote

I discovered this the hard way too.

I don't live in the US, but the wife is from NC. Between pandemics and personal health, we haven't visited since Xmas 2021! We're coming in march and I need to get some parts for my 1971 bus. So naturally aircooled.net is where I started. Opened a few tabs with the parts I need, and when I started to put them in the basket, I got this strange message... "we're downsizing"... Wait, wait, what??? Wrote to them and got an auto-reply with more alarming news "We're closed". Shocked

It's always sad when a small family run business goes down, and even more when it's something born from a passion. I was lucky to meet John and Stephanie several yeas ago when fate brought me to SLC. Was there with a friend from Egypt, out of his country for the first time in his life - and a Beetle owner. I took him to the warehouse and we got the grand tour, it was amazing and a great experience. The shear size of the warehouse, and my friend who had never imagined that there were places in the world where you could actually buy new parts for a Beetle! Second life shock for him... after discovering snow the day before!

Anyway, now that they're gone... where do you get good parts?
John Connolly
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2024 1:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Aircooled.net - [email protected] Reply with quote

FWIW we left the site up because there is SO much good information on there in the listings and product descriptions. Pretty much no other retailer cares about putting that up, so if we took it down it would be lost forever.

We do appreciate the love, very much. It was too rare among all the whiny complainers the past 10yrs, and was no longer worth it.

I am always available for a burger if you are in town, and can show you the places which don't suck LOL.

If you want no-BS technical advice privately, feel free to DM me. Donations appreciated (food gift certificates, etc).
Xevin Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2024 1:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Aircooled.net - [email protected] Reply with quote

John Connolly wrote:
FWIW we left the site up because there is SO much good information on there in the listings and product descriptions. Pretty much no other retailer cares about putting that up, so if we took it down it would be lost forever.

We do appreciate the love, very much. It was too rare among all the whiny complainers the past 10yrs, and was no longer worth it.

I am always available for a burger if you are in town, and can show you the places which don't suck LOL.

Much appreciated John. You always did right by me and many others. As a retailer myself I always go out of my way to take care of my customers. Sometimes at a lose of profit when it wasn’t my fault Wink Myself and team have not always been able to satisfy my customers needs and at times dropped the ball. Hope all is well in your future endeavors.

Clatter wrote:
Damn that Xevin... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

skills@eurocarsplus wrote:
I respect Xevin and he's a turd Razz

SGKent wrote:
My God! Xevin and I 100% agree Shocked
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30
Jump to:
Page 30 of 30

Jump to: