Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Who drove their bug today?
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 96, 97, 98 ... 107, 108, 109  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
origowner
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2022 10:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Who drove their bug today? Reply with quote

Drove to a San Diego Air Cooled Club meeting this evening
platatomi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2022 1:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Who drove their bug today? Reply with quote

First drive in several years. Stayed close in nearby neighborhoods as this was just a first test after doing a bunch of work. Now that I read this thread more I wish I took a picture.

Update -

No longer daily driver but still fixing things...
vamram Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2022 8:52 am    Post subject: Re: Who drove their bug today? Reply with quote

Beautiful morning on Key Biscayne.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

'74 Super 9/16 - present, in refurb process.
'73 Super - 6/18 - Present - Daily Driver!
'75 Super Le Grande...waiting it's turn in line behind '74.
Click to view image
Save the Supers!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
alex857
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2022 11:27 am    Post subject: Re: Who drove their bug today? Reply with quote

Nice fall drive in my 1983 selvas green Mexican:

riva
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2022 1:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Who drove their bug today? Reply with quote

Now that the 1969 is relatively leak free of combustible fluids, went and took the elderly PO for spin.

Had a time willing his joints to get in, but once inside he seemed to enjoy the drive. I say "not one sputter or klunk the whole drive." and his reply "well how about that."
riva
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2022 3:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Who drove their bug today? Reply with quote

Went out for her first fifty mile day, did well. Ride ended after sunset, seems that most of the lighting is working from what I could tell. Oil light blinkage was getting worrisome under braking and cornering by the end of the fifty. She will need to have a bottle in the boot for trips it seems.

Zundfolge1432 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2022 12:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Who drove their bug today? Reply with quote

riva wrote:
Went out for her first fifty mile day, did well. Ride ended after sunset, seems that most of the lighting is working from what I could tell. Oil light blinkage was getting worrisome under braking and cornering by the end of the fifty. She will need to have a bottle in the boot for trips it seems.

Excellent and looking good, the key here is a running driving car😀
Lost69Convertible
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2022 6:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Who drove their bug today? Reply with quote

With snow and salt due to arrive on Sunday, I took one of my last drives of the year this afternoon. Water flowing over an old mill dam on the Clear River is in the background.

Gr0unded
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2022 4:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Who drove their bug today? Reply with quote

Took the '76 for a 50 mile ride (the long way) to NAPA to pick up a car part for my wife's daily driver.

Stop Dead Photo Links! Post your VW photos to the Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
slayer61
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2022 7:47 am    Post subject: Re: Who drove their bug today? Reply with quote

First legit trip out of the shop. It turns out that tail lights come sans bulb & I only had 1 in the cupboard. Embarassed

... Most folks are idiots when it deals with electrical !!!

67rustavenger wrote:

3/4 race cam? What's missing, one of the lobes? Shocked

Paul

'68 Manx clone... Sears??
2276 built on AS21 case
W-125 w/ GB 1.25:1 rockers
Mahle forged pistons
CB 4340 crank
CB H beam rods
deep sump
44 HPMX
EMPI GTV 2 STG II wedge ports
CB Magna spark
1 5/8 merged collector w/ hater stinger
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Facebook Twitter Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vamram Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2022 6:05 am    Post subject: Re: Who drove their bug today? Reply with quote

"Good" old fashioned work commute into DC this morning. It was a beautiful sky, had to capture it before tomorrow's "wintery mix" hits us.

Crossing the Roosevelt bridge. If you look center and right you'll see the Washington monument and my favorite of all, the Lincoln Memorial. Gives me goosebumps to this day to drive by that one.

Click to view image
Save the Supers!!
NJ John
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2022 11:57 am    Post subject: Re: Who drove their bug today? Reply with quote

One of these day’s you’ll have to road trip up to Harford Co Maryland. We meet up a lot.
https://www.youtube.com/@AirSpooledGarage
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vamram Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2022 4:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Who drove their bug today? Reply with quote

NJ John wrote:
One of these day’s you’ll have to road trip up to Harford Co Maryland. We meet up a lot.

Thanks for the invite! 80 miles one way? Piece of cake! Let's see how Winter ❄️ treats us. Do you guys have a club page?

Click to view image
Save the Supers!!
NJ John
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2022 5:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Who drove their bug today? Reply with quote

They have a FB page. I’m not active on FB. But, I have a this here on the samba.
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=769730
https://www.youtube.com/@AirSpooledGarage
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
alex857
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2022 2:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Who drove their bug today? Reply with quote

Time for some snowy winter pics: My 1984 Velvet Red Beetle yesterday playing in the snow...

Zundfolge1432 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2022 8:03 am    Post subject: Re: Who drove their bug today? Reply with quote

No snow here yet but couple inches forecast later this week😀 I’ll have the car put away by then. I only logged about 35 miles because it was enough to turn over 1000 miles on this old yellow car.

PuddleRainbow
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2022 11:08 am    Post subject: Re: Who drove their bug today? Reply with quote

Merry Christmas from the family...At St. Paul's Abbey tree farm way up in Newton NJ. It's my season highlight. The tree on top of the beetle is cliche, but it does get many smiles, waves. and pics on the trip back to home.

Cusser
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2022 2:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Who drove their bug today? Reply with quote

I drove my 1971 Convertible today !!! To Home Depot, bank, O'Reillys, and Ace !!!
1970 VW (owned since 1972) and 1971 VW Convertible (owned since 1976), second owner of each. The '71 now has the 1835 engine, swapped from the '70. Second owner of each. 1988 Mazda B2200 truck, 1998 Frontier, 2014 Yukon, 2004 Frontier King Cab. All manual transmission except for the Yukon. http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335294 http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335297
Jimbug57
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2022 6:33 am    Post subject: Re: Who drove their bug today? Reply with quote

Drove my wife to work this morning. It was 8 degrees with 26 MPH winds. The roads are 2 inches thick of solid ice; it was 36 degrees when it started snowing last night. I have new Firestone WeatherGrip tires - 195/65/15 on the fronts, and 205/65/15 on the rears with 5.5" wide rims. I went 25 & 30 MPH and had no issues.

If I didn't have that rain guard my engine would have been coated in snow and ice this morning!

Glad my heat and defrosters work Smile

vamram Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2022 8:23 am    Post subject: Re: Who drove their bug today? Reply with quote

Love it! How was the cabin heat?

Jimbug57 wrote:
Drove my wife to work this morning. It was 8 degrees with 26 MPH winds. The roads are 2 inches thick of solid ice; it was 36 degrees when it started snowing last night. I have new Firestone WeatherGrip tires - 195/65/15 on the fronts, and 205/65/15 on the rears with 5.5" wide rims. I went 25 & 30 MPH and had no issues.

If I didn't have that rain guard my engine would have been coated in snow and ice this morning!

Glad my heat and defrosters work Smile

Click to view image
Save the Supers!!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 96, 97, 98 ... 107, 108, 109  Next
Jump to:
Page 97 of 109

Jump to: