Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

What did you do to your Beetle this week?
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 309, 310, 311 ... 315, 316, 317  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blue Baron
VW Aficionado

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2022 5:22 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Beetle this week? Reply with quote

Sounds more like Porky Pig. Laughing

Heinz Nordhoff
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
scottyrocks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2022 11:17 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Beetle this week? Reply with quote

Blue Baron wrote:
Sounds more like Porky Pig. Laughing

Umm, more of a paraphrase of, 'Having re-, re-, re-disposed of the monster, exited our hero stage left.' Smile
Crew Dad
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2022 4:06 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Beetle this week? Reply with quote

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Who else uses a pillow when working in the trunk on electrical... 3 months in the trunk compartment.... This pillow is worth a million bucks!! It has saved my back and thousands in chiropractic bills 😂😂😂🤟
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
RCJH77
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2022 12:35 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Beetle this week? Reply with quote

DerrickfromNC1 wrote:
Got rid of these in favor of stock units!

Looks so much better with the stock tail lights! Well done! Applause
67rustavenger Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2022 6:38 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Beetle this week? Reply with quote

Oil and filter change. Valve adjustment .005".
Cleaned the sparkplugs.
Yes cleaned them. The plugs were newer and I didn't want to buy a new set just to foul them again.
So I bought a HF sparkplug abrasive cleaner this afternoon and cleaned them up.

Adjuster the carb to the leanest setting I could.
The engine runs better. I'll have to see how it starts in the morning to see if I really have made a difference in the tune.

There's never enough time to do it right the first time. But there's always enough time to do it thrice.
GFY's Xevin and VW_Jimbo!
alex857
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2022 3:22 am    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Beetle this week? Reply with quote

Changed the gearbox seal on my 1961 pearl white ragtop after I found the spring last year in the gearbox…

Davedough
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 7:46 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Beetle this week? Reply with quote

I cleaned out my shed so I could park it while I wait for the title to transfer to me

bigdog1962
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2022 4:40 am    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Beetle this week? Reply with quote

For whatever reason, the horn ground broke. Had to crawl under there to fix it.

Oprn wrote: I'm getting to the age that any self propelled woman (no wheel chair or walker) looks HOT!! Oooo! look at that Babe! She made it from the dining room all the way to the TV room without help!! Hubba, hubba!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
timmy2
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2022 1:05 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Beetle this week? Reply with quote

I got fed up with the really lousy stereo installation I had done ten years ago. I had used the black plastic box with a spot molded in for a stereo to mount. I was able to see parts of the metal DIN and overall it was not a good look.

I got another black plastic box and made my own stereo box out of walnut.

Looks much better but I am not happy with the box I got. I just ordered one from Wolfsburg West. When it comes in, I will do this project again.....
[img]https://www.thesamba.com/vw/gallery/pix/2332707.jpg

metrofxr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2022 1:23 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Beetle this week? Reply with quote

I finished up replacing the CA single piece roll ups with original Wing Vents and roll up glass.... (Finding decent original parts not as easy as I thought it would be)... I also disassembled an correct period rear overrider rear bumper to get it ready for re-chroming....
Note: I am in search of a 'decent' 58-66 original mfg.overrider front bumper assy. in CA. if possible. If anyone knows of one pls. advise! Thx.
My goal, is to try to get it back to stock or as close as I can anyway.... Smile
I tried to post some pic's.... Sorry, I just can't figure out how to do that... Ugh.
Wily
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2022 6:36 am    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Beetle this week? Reply with quote

Swan neck mirrors

lhd65bug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2022 1:06 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Beetle this week? Reply with quote

I put the old girl into hibernation over the winter period today; see you again in the spring !
Jeremby
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2022 9:09 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Beetle this week? Reply with quote

First mid-western winter with my beetle, excited but weary due to a mice problem that seems to come and go, so in prep of such, I've started consolidating space in the shed and garage so my bug is a little more comfy this winter.
irvanm
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 11:43 am    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Beetle this week? Reply with quote

I took the steering wheel cover off the 67 I bought a couple of weeks ago. I know the club won't stop a real thief but I had it so might as well use it.

toxicavenger70
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 3:14 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Beetle this week? Reply with quote

Rust repair. Yuck!

bandi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2022 10:50 am    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Beetle this week? Reply with quote

First oil change in 45+ years!
'60 Canadian Standard, '64 Bug, another '64 Bug, '66 Bug, '69 Sunroof Bug, '69 GT3 Bug, '71 Super, '72 Super, '73 Canadian Custom, '74 Love Bug, '83 Mexi Bug, '85 Cabrio, '94 Mexi Bug, '99 New Beetle, '02 New Beetle Turbo S, '03 New Beetle VR6. And some Fieros.
View user's profile Send private message Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
hobthebob
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2022 2:00 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Beetle this week? Reply with quote

I got my car smog tested in Phoenix AZ area today. It passed, and is a 1600dp with a single carb/009 distributor, no heat risers, and no heater boxes.

God did this for me! It's my daily driver, so it was essential that I pass.

Don't be too afraid of passing Smog in Phoenix area, just tune it up properly and pray to God.
bruceo98
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2022 4:11 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Beetle this week? Reply with quote

I looked at mine and thought, i can't wait till after the new year to get started on it.
hobthebob
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2022 5:23 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Beetle this week? Reply with quote

I adjusted my brakes this past week. Very tight now, which is NICE!
bandi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2022 9:30 am    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Beetle this week? Reply with quote

Got the '60 running for the first time in 40 something years. Took less than an hour of actual work (spread out over two weeks because I've been sick as a dog). Oil change, cleaned the points and replaced the condenser and borrowed the 6v battery from my '66 and it fired right up. Using a little external fuel tank right now, but just wanted to make sure the engine wasn't making a bunch of angry noises before I started redoing the fuel system.

Also removed the headlight eyelids. Just not a fan.
'60 Canadian Standard, '64 Bug, another '64 Bug, '66 Bug, '69 Sunroof Bug, '69 GT3 Bug, '71 Super, '72 Super, '73 Canadian Custom, '74 Love Bug, '83 Mexi Bug, '85 Cabrio, '94 Mexi Bug, '99 New Beetle, '02 New Beetle Turbo S, '03 New Beetle VR6. And some Fieros.
View user's profile Send private message Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 309, 310, 311 ... 315, 316, 317  Next
Jump to:
Page 310 of 317

Jump to: