Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Unknown Heb ?
Forum Index -> Beetle - Split-Window/1938-53 VWs Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
usariemen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2022 4:49 am    Post subject: Unknown Heb ? Reply with quote

Hi
I am not sure if I had asked before but I have this older picture of a Hebmüller and I wonder if it is known which one that is.
Regards, Carsten.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

sgmalt46
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2022 9:12 am    Post subject: Re: Unknown Heb ? Reply with quote

looks home made . dash is 1958 -67 . has a gas gauge
so maybe even 61 and later . interesting car looks like
the car from the dash forward is later vert?
Steve.
66 beetle
71 square back (sold) ! good luck with it Henry!
46 beetle 552nd royal army service corps CCG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
peter schepens
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2022 10:21 am    Post subject: Re: Unknown Heb ? Reply with quote

Carsten, I know this pict since long, when you send it to me.. So far I did not find an indication on what Heb it is. The only think I see is that some of the details show a real heb.. As the pict is probably from the late 70s or early 80s.. I do not know a replica heb from that area... Just my idea. I say it is real...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
finster
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2022 12:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Unknown Heb ? Reply with quote

1980s going by the clothing Wink

nothing lasts, nothing is finished, and nothing is perfect...
splitjunkie
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2022 7:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Unknown Heb ? Reply with quote

Seems like there were pictures of a white Heb with a late dash in it posted here a few years ago. It was in much more complete shape as I remember. It appeared to be a real Heb that had been "modernized" over the years. Same car or am I thinking of something else?

You know, a lot of these scratches will buff right out... Jerry Seinfeld
wagen19
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2022 1:35 am    Post subject: Re: Unknown Heb ? Reply with quote

splitjunkie wrote:
Seems like there were pictures of a white Heb with a late dash in it posted here a few years ago. It was in much more complete shape as I remember. It appeared to be a real Heb that had been "modernized" over the years. Same car or am I thinking of something else?

In the 80th or 90th there was a VW Meeting near the city of Herzogenaurach in Germany. There I saw a driveable and registrated car like this.
As I remember, the pan, motor, gearbox, axle and most parts of the structural body were mod 61 till 64. The doorlocks were also 56 till 66. So not much left from heb-identity. The fueltank was 61 till 67 and the louvres from Renault 4 cv. Sorry, no pics here. Not sure, but it´s quite possible, that´s this car.

Heinrich
peter schepens
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2022 11:17 am    Post subject: Re: Unknown Heb ? Reply with quote

Carsten Here you go : Heb 315
https://www.hebmueller-registry.com/models-reader-hebmueller/id-1-0126771.html

Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
splitjunkie
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2022 8:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Unknown Heb ? Reply with quote

That was it. Man. There is a lot of scabbing going on there on the front of the car. Reminds me of VW38 no 6. I suspect you would not end up with much from the original car on the front once you cut off all of the later sheet metal.

You know, a lot of these scratches will buff right out... Jerry Seinfeld
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Split-Window/1938-53 VWs All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: