Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Jeremy.G's 1973 Super Beetle restoration
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 30, 31, 32  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Buggeee
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Jeremy.G's 1973 Super Beetle restoration Reply with quote

Beautiful family and very pretty stonework. Congratulations all the way around!
SnowDaySyncro wrote:
Every setback is an opportunity to learn stuff and to buy new tools.
offtherailz1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:33 am    Post subject: Re: Jeremy.G's 1973 Super Beetle restoration Reply with quote

Good to see he crew still around and smiling.

I think it’s really considerate that you have built a house big enough for us all to stay when you get back on the bug again, Razz

2 years has gone wayyyyy quick, glad your good and your house looks superb and family look healthy and happy, good to see.

Phil

Cuppa tea man, living in a latte world.

1973 1303, one previous owner, my Dad
1975 1303, Fourth owner, mum 1975 to 2014, me from 2017
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=711269&highlight=
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=740901
chicagovw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:24 am    Post subject: Re: Jeremy.G's 1973 Super Beetle restoration Reply with quote

Congratulations on the house-looks great! You'll get that done and the Beetle on the road before you know. it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
VW_Jimbo Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2021 7:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Jeremy.G's 1973 Super Beetle restoration Reply with quote

Very nice!

It is good to hear that all is moving along!

There is never enough time to do it right the first time, but all the time necessary the second time!

TDCTDI wrote:
Basically, a whole bunch of fuckery to achieve a look.

67rustavenger wrote:
GFY's Xevin and VW_Jimbo! Smile
VW_Jimbo Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2022 1:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Jeremy.G's 1973 Super Beetle restoration Reply with quote

jeremy.g wrote:
Hello, friends!

I'm bummed it's been so long since my last update, and further bummed that I have no progress to report on the beetle.

But it is April 11- which marks the 2nd anniversary of the beginning of this thread. So it's time for another picture! Here's me and my crew, and the beetle which is patiently awaiting the Return of our attentions:

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

And here's a quick shot of the project that has diverted our attentions. We're excited to see the chimney up, and the roof on. Progress has been made on HVAC and Electric, with Plumbing soon to follow.

We're 6 months into the house build, with (hopefully!) 6 months more to go!

I hope all your projects are progressing swimmingly.

Best,

-Jeremy

Hey man!

Chinaclipper reminded me to check in on you! Hows it going? It has been past the 6 months extra mark. Any updates?

Hoping all is good and your home is completed, as best able to. They always need something additional! Always!

Catch up when you can!

There is never enough time to do it right the first time, but all the time necessary the second time!

TDCTDI wrote:

67rustavenger wrote:
jeremy.g
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2022 10:03 am    Post subject: Re: Jeremy.G's 1973 Super Beetle restoration Reply with quote

Hello Jim and Friends,

Merry Christmas, Happy New Year, and all that!

Mighty kind of you to check in on me. House is coming along, but (unsurprisingly) slowly. If you build a house by yourself, nothing happens quickly. Smile

I've been hesitant to post any progress pics because they really have nothing to do with VW's, which I think violates the forum's pic posting rules. But I'll risk a few here anyhow. Siding is about 80% complete, Drywall is done, and I'm punching through the interior trim now:

If I can keep up the momentum my current hope is to occupy the house in by March/April. Then I'll immediately start work converting the old house into a garage. And then (finally!) I can resume work on the beetle and more enjoyable projects.

Wishing you all the best!

-Jeremy
VW_Jimbo Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2022 11:24 am    Post subject: Re: Jeremy.G's 1973 Super Beetle restoration Reply with quote

Awesome update! Looking really good! Good to read about progress!

You do know that ALL home improvements take twice as long as expected and costs double of the original estimate!

Very nice looking house!

Thanks for sharing and the update.

TDCTDI wrote:

67rustavenger wrote:
tzepesh
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2022 2:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Jeremy.G's 1973 Super Beetle restoration Reply with quote

Happy new year! I'm happy all is going well for you. Congratulations on your big task of building the house yourselves! Looking forward to your updates.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
MACJELLY58
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 12:23 am    Post subject: Re: Jeremy.G's 1973 Super Beetle restoration Reply with quote

Sounds like you just made the VW connection.

jeremy.g wrote:
... Then I'll immediately start work converting the old house into a garage. And then (finally!) I can resume work on the beetle and more enjoyable projects.

As nice as the house is...I can't wait to see that SHOP!!
chicagovw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 12:24 am    Post subject: Re: Jeremy.G's 1973 Super Beetle restoration Reply with quote

Its been a hectic year-like you, I was building a house and working on other projects. Just curious to see if you have done any work to your car. House looks great!

My 73 Super is pretty much done, I have been driving it here and there and really glad I saw it through! Finally starting on a Fastback project that has been waiting its turn for some years.
Buggeee
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 5:48 am    Post subject: Re: Jeremy.G's 1973 Super Beetle restoration Reply with quote

My arms are sore just thinking about all that drywall. It's a magnificent home.
SnowDaySyncro wrote:
Every setback is an opportunity to learn stuff and to buy new tools.
vamram Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2022 6:19 am    Post subject: Re: Jeremy.G's 1973 Super Beetle restoration Reply with quote

Speaking of amazing builds....BUMP.

'74 Super 9/16 - present, in refurb process.
'73 Super - 6/18 - Present - Daily Driver!
'75 Super Le Grande...waiting it's turn in line behind '74.
Click to view image
Save the Supers!!
jeremy.g
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2022 12:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Jeremy.G's 1973 Super Beetle restoration Reply with quote

Hey Victor (and Friends!)

Thanks for checking in on me. I'm still pluggin' away here, but SO ready to be done with this house. The remainder of the build all needs to be completed by 'me'; and there is just not enough of 'me' to go around. Smile

But we're getting there! Interior finish carpentry and painting is pretty much DONE! Painting took forever, even with a sprayer. You know how it is; the prep work takes 95% of the time.

HVAC guys set the outdoor units yesterday. So I'm hopeful they'll get the systems fired up this week.

Now that the painting is behind me (woohoo!) I've started prepping for the tile. Last couple days have been a flurry of activity with durock for shower walls, and we just set the mortar pan for the master bath shower this morning.

I'll post a few more pics below. Can't WAIT till this is done, and I can get back to my beloved neglected VW.

Best to all!

-Jeremy

vamram Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2022 3:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Jeremy.G's 1973 Super Beetle restoration Reply with quote

jeremy.g wrote:
Hey Victor (and Friends!)

I see you managed to keep OSHA off of the premises! Very Happy

'74 Super 9/16 - present, in refurb process.
'73 Super - 6/18 - Present - Daily Driver!
'75 Super Le Grande...waiting it's turn in line behind '74.
Click to view image
Save the Supers!!
chicagovw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2022 9:16 am    Post subject: Re: Jeremy.G's 1973 Super Beetle restoration Reply with quote

Jeremy, the house looks fantastic! Looks like its moving along at a very good pace. Keep us updated and hope you get some wrench time on your '73 again soon.
VW_Jimbo Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2022 10:27 am    Post subject: Re: Jeremy.G's 1973 Super Beetle restoration Reply with quote

Looking great!

Remember to get the shower hot moped! Do not take any short cuts on that one detail! Walls get 2 layers of 15 lbs felt overlap is 3-6 inches. Be careful in the corners as the paper likes to tear IF it is cold. I typically set the cut lengths out in the Sun before installing.

If you have any building questions you can always shoot me a PM!

But I really want to see the Bug and the repairs that you will soon be taking care of!

Have a great day! And keep those spirits up! I know it gets tougher and tougher as you get to the end, when you are on your own. It can really help to employ the help of just 1 trade. Like a tiling contractor or a flooring contractor. It really comes down to $s - right? Like with the Bugs. You got to choose the battles you want to go through. But, if you, like me, are a gluten for punishment,….well then just go for it!

Take care man!

TDCTDI wrote:

67rustavenger wrote:
VW_Jimbo Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2022 10:38 am    Post subject: Re: Jeremy.G's 1973 Super Beetle restoration Reply with quote

Just checking in on the progress. Hoping all is well and going in a positive direction!

Update whenever you got a few seconds!

TDCTDI wrote:

67rustavenger wrote:
TK-CS
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2022 7:14 am    Post subject: Re: Jeremy.G's 1973 Super Beetle restoration Reply with quote

Update! Update! Update!
WC:
'77 Audi NSU Ro80
'88 GTI 16V
'91 Corrado G60
Daily:
'04 Passat Wagon 2.0TDI
'13 Passat Wagon 2.0TSI
chicagovw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2023 7:48 am    Post subject: Re: Jeremy.G's 1973 Super Beetle restoration Reply with quote

Any progress on the VW?
VW_Jimbo Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2023 8:16 am    Post subject: Re: Jeremy.G's 1973 Super Beetle restoration Reply with quote

Hey Jeremy!

How is the house going? Hopefully it, your family and you are all doing well.

And….how’s the Bug?

No rush just circling back around.

Take care!

TDCTDI wrote:

67rustavenger wrote:
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 30, 31, 32  Next
Jump to:
Page 31 of 32

Jump to: