Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Source for replacement passenger mirror glass, or, Glass Shop?
Forum Index -> Eurovan Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
This page may contain links to eBay where the site receives compensation.
bcolins
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2022 10:23 am    Post subject: Source for replacement passenger mirror glass, or, Glass Shop? Reply with quote

The mirror glass on my 95 EVC passenger side mirror fell off while driving recently. Is there a replacement glass source, or, should I just take the van to a local glass shop and have one made?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
TheOneTrueQuux
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2022 1:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Source for replacement passenger mirror glass, or, Glass Shop? Reply with quote

bcolins wrote:
The mirror glass on my 95 EVC passenger side mirror fell off while driving recently. Is there a replacement glass source, or, should I just take the van to a local glass shop and have one made?

An entire new mirror will likely be cheaper, copy pasting my response on another forum about dealing with this:

I bought a pair from a seller in Latvia, where warehouses of euro parts go to retire.
Left: https://www.ebay.com/itm/323010616042
Right: https://www.ebay.com/itm/332729966940
If you add both of them to your cart and "request total" you will get a shipping quote that's lower than if you ordered individually. They're not quite the same as the originals, but all new with glass, heat, power adjusters, etc. Very nice, especially at that price.
It did take over a month to receive them, but I was fine with that.
bcolins
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2022 2:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Source for replacement passenger mirror glass, or, Glass Shop? Reply with quote

TheOneTrueQuux wrote:
bcolins wrote:

An entire new mirror will likely be cheaper, copy pasting my response on another forum about dealing with this:

I bought a pair from a seller in Latvia, where warehouses of euro parts go to retire.
Left: https://www.ebay.com/itm/323010616042
Right: https://www.ebay.com/itm/332729966940
If you add both of them to your cart and "request total" you will get a shipping quote that's lower than if you ordered individually. They're not quite the same as the originals, but all new with glass, heat, power adjusters, etc. Very nice, especially at that price.
It did take over a month to receive them, but I was fine with that.
Smile
Thanks for the tip!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
OB Bus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2022 6:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Source for replacement passenger mirror glass, or, Glass Shop? Reply with quote

My glass in the right hand, rearview mirror fell out and broke. I ordered a replacement off eBay from either Latvia or Lithuania. It arrived promptly, and it glued on just fine. No need to replace the entire assembly.
TheOneTrueQuux
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2022 8:01 am    Post subject: Re: Source for replacement passenger mirror glass, or, Glass Shop? Reply with quote

OB Bus wrote:
My glass in the right hand, rearview mirror fell out and broke. I ordered a replacement off eBay from either Latvia or Lithuania. It arrived promptly, and it glued on just fine. No need to replace the entire assembly.

I replaced my entire assemblies because the original mirrors were in tough shape, having been dinged up over the years and being kind of floppy as a result. Also the adjustment motors were shot, and this way I got new ones for $40 per side + shipping.
OB Bus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2022 10:11 am    Post subject: Re: Source for replacement passenger mirror glass, or, Glass Shop? Reply with quote

TheOneTrueQuux wrote:
OB Bus wrote:

I replaced my entire assemblies because the original mirrors were in tough shape, having been dinged up over the years and being kind of floppy as a result. Also the adjustment motors were shot, and this way I got new ones for $40 per side + shipping.

That ^^ is a bargain! The glass alone was ~$15 or so. Good job sleuthing that item.
volkybus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2022 7:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Source for replacement passenger mirror glass, or, Glass Shop? Reply with quote

Do they have replacement Mirrow's for other VW's?My 95 cabro Mirrow brokean I need a new one for the drivers side. It looked like the Eurovan one in my 93?? ThnxBill
TheOneTrueQuux
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2022 8:37 am    Post subject: Re: Source for replacement passenger mirror glass, or, Glass Shop? Reply with quote

volkybus wrote:
Do they have replacement Mirrow's for other VW's?My 95 cabro Mirrow brokean I need a new one for the drivers side. It looked like the Eurovan one in my 93?? ThnxBill

Get the Part number (from www.7zap.com or other method) and then google search and search on eBay.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Eurovan All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: