Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Cell phone questions...stupid ones!
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
VWFIXER
Banned

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2022 8:35 am    Post subject: Re: Cell phone questions...stupid ones! Reply with quote

Ok well someone is getting warm, someone nailed it. I’ve been pressing a 5 style home button for a long time, some might say it’s as geriatric as a tracfone.
So I’m harping about it and viola my neighbor lady offers me her old 7, for $35, sheepishly I give her $40, then she gives me money to buy us a pack of smokes.
I don’t know who came out on top.
So anywho, this button had options when I set it up, can’t find that anywhere
The options that is.
Not done yet!

I tap a picture to screenshot it “been test driving it” the button feeling in the phone happens, I can feel it in my hand, like the phone feels like it’s got a servo inside, or a really small garden nome working inside. There is no physical pop on the button when you press it, but when you do the phone feels like the lower half if flexible, like the whole bottom of the phone hinges as a button. So fricking weird.
And it’s gotten an annoying habit of muting the headphones with unknown stimulus from me?

So in conclusion the human touch triggers a mechanism inside and I can feel it, or is something sinister?
Been reading a lot of conspiracy junk about nwo, 5 g chips flat earth.. I just don’t want to move away from my personal OS and become some droid because apple.

Thanks

Choose 2

Over a million air cooled miles driven and 15,000+ cars serviced.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Bonesberg55
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2022 9:58 am    Post subject: Re: Cell phone questions...stupid ones! Reply with quote

Cusser wrote:
Rich Latsch wrote:
I have a flip phone and I don't need that! Just exactly what are people doing on their phones all day every day? As Lou Gehrig's Mom said "So many people with nothing to do!"

My TracFone went off service in February 2022 because 3G was dropped. So I bought a brand new 4G Flip Phone for TracFone from Amazon for $20 (inclusing chargers). I still don;t know what a "G" is.

Before:
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Now:

I had that early TracFone a few years back. The only good thing about these cheap phones is that even texting is a deterrent.
Xevin Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2022 10:14 am    Post subject: Re: Cell phone questions...stupid ones! Reply with quote

VWFIXER wrote:
Ok well someone is getting warm, someone nailed it. I’ve been pressing a 5 style home button for a long time, some might say it’s as geriatric as a tracfone.
So I’m harping about it and viola my neighbor lady offers me her old 7, for $35, sheepishly I give her $40, then she gives me money to buy us a pack of smokes.
I don’t know who came out on top.
So anywho, this button had options when I set it up, can’t find that anywhere
The options that is.
Not done yet!

I tap a picture to screenshot it “been test driving it” the button feeling in the phone happens, I can feel it in my hand, like the phone feels like it’s got a servo inside, or a really small garden nome working inside. There is no physical pop on the button when you press it, but when you do the phone feels like the lower half if flexible, like the whole bottom of the phone hinges as a button. So fricking weird.
And it’s gotten an annoying habit of muting the headphones with unknown stimulus from me?

So in conclusion the human touch triggers a mechanism inside and I can feel it, or is something sinister?
Been reading a lot of conspiracy junk about nwo, 5 g chips flat earth.. I just don’t want to move away from my personal OS and become some droid because apple.

Thanks

See if this helps answer your question. Could be sinister but they took away the home button on the later model iPhones. Probably even more sinister now with its face recognition to start up phone Shocked

https://www.theverge.com/circuitbreaker/2016/9/7/1...orce-touch

Clatter wrote:
Damn that Xevin... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

skills@eurocarsplus wrote:
I respect Xevin and he's a turd Razz

SGKent wrote:
My God! Xevin and I 100% agree Shocked
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2022 10:31 am    Post subject: Re: Cell phone questions...stupid ones! Reply with quote

G is the number of gerbils inside. That’s what makes the funny vibration in your phone

You’ve been feeding them, right?
fredybear
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2022 11:49 am    Post subject: Re: Cell phone questions...stupid ones! Reply with quote

fredybear wrote:
Pleeeeaasssseeeee

This is old school and works perfectly Very Happy Very Happy Shocked Shocked Very Happy Very Happy

Anybody still have one Question Question Question Question Question

Im stiil rollin 3G Very Happy

Blackberry said they was shuttin. Guess not. Very Happy
KTPhil Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2022 12:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Cell phone questions...stupid ones! Reply with quote

I think it is a city-by-city, or even a tower-by-tower thing. So it may go away soon.
Xevin Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2022 1:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Cell phone questions...stupid ones! Reply with quote

Abscate wrote:
G is the number of gerbils inside. That’s what makes the funny vibration in your phone

Clatter wrote:
Damn that Xevin... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

skills@eurocarsplus wrote:
I respect Xevin and he's a turd Razz

SGKent wrote:
My God! Xevin and I 100% agree Shocked
Jon Schmid
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2022 3:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Cell phone questions...stupid ones! Reply with quote

I do not trust any Apple products. At all... They will find a way to make your current phone "obsolete" 6 months from now... Mad
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2022 3:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Cell phone questions...stupid ones! Reply with quote

I’m still using a 6S for my personal. The company buys me the latest so I can use all apps there.
VWFIXER
Banned

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2022 3:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Cell phone questions...stupid ones! Reply with quote

I feel so restricted without my twittmo features Crying or Very sad

Choose 2

Over a million air cooled miles driven and 15,000+ cars serviced.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Bonesberg55
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2022 5:16 am    Post subject: Re: Cell phone questions...stupid ones! Reply with quote

Xevin wrote:
Abscate wrote:

Did Shatner ever get that call from that margarine company?
Bonesberg55
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2022 5:18 am    Post subject: Re: Cell phone questions...stupid ones! Reply with quote

Xevin wrote:
Abscate wrote:

I heard that Shatner is afraid to go on airplanes!
Bonesberg55
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2022 5:20 am    Post subject: Re: Cell phone questions...stupid ones! Reply with quote

Xevin wrote:
Abscate wrote:

"Fielding Chase here! Jerry, are you alright? I thought I heard shots!"
Q-Dog
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2022 5:35 am    Post subject: Re: Cell phone questions...stupid ones! Reply with quote

Jon Schmid wrote:
I do not trust any Apple products. At all... They will find a way to make your current phone "obsolete" 6 months from now... Mad

Whatever! My SE is 6 or 7 years old and still does everything I ask it to do. Phones keep getting bigger and more complicated so I have no intention to replace this one any time soon.

'69 Dune Buggy
'69 Beetle Convertible
'70 Beetle
Bonesberg55
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2022 6:02 am    Post subject: Re: Cell phone questions...stupid ones! Reply with quote

I'd be happy to have a nice big ball of string and 2 tin cans.
OB Bus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2022 7:50 am    Post subject: Re: Cell phone questions...stupid ones! Reply with quote

Q-Dog wrote:
Jon Schmid wrote:

Whatever! My SE is 6 or 7 years old and still does everything I ask it to do. Phones keep getting bigger and more complicated so I have no intention to replace this one any time soon.

Same here, we are on 6S phones and they do all we need.
Jon - our now 12 year old MacBook is still working well, although technologically a bit dated. We got a new one so we could run TurboTax this year.
NJ John
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2022 2:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Cell phone questions...stupid ones! Reply with quote

How do you hold your smartphone? I hold it horizontally, most websites work better that way, my keyboard is a little bigger and videos and pics come out properly. Boy, do i get shit for doing this. I get it shopping sites and social media probably work better vertical. The Samba likes horizontal!
https://www.youtube.com/@AirSpooledGarage
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2022 2:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Cell phone questions...stupid ones! Reply with quote

NJ John wrote:
How do you hold your smartphone? I hold it horizontally, most websites work better that way, my keyboard is a little bigger and videos and pics come out properly. Boy, do i get shit for doing this. I get it shopping sites and social media probably work better vertical. The Samba likes horizontal!

Do you mean "landscape" or "portrait"?

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2022 2:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Cell phone questions...stupid ones! Reply with quote

Quote:
. I still don;t know what a "G" is.

If you have 5 of them, you will be Spot on Happy.
NJ John
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2022 3:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Cell phone questions...stupid ones! Reply with quote

Glenn wrote:
NJ John wrote:

Do you mean "landscape" or "portrait"?

Yes, Glenn.
https://www.youtube.com/@AirSpooledGarage
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: