Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Vanagon theft in Oakland
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sycolyst
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2022 5:35 am    Post subject: Re: Vanagon theft in Oakland Reply with quote

Zeitgeist 13 wrote:
MAGA has entered the chat...

Where I live it's not MAGA, it's respect. Show up hungry and cold needing help and I'll feed and shelter you. Show up and try to steal my stuff and you'll get a German Shepherd and two broken arms.

There is more to this story as the theft seems like a professional heist with the VW as a throw away.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
mikemtnbike
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2022 5:54 am    Post subject: Re: Vanagon theft in Oakland Reply with quote

Good night. Moderators at least one of these posts is advocating the equivalent of genocide- the deliberate mass killing of a minority group.

Remove this shizzle. I will also report the posts.
vanis13
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2022 8:43 am    Post subject: Re: Vanagon theft in Oakland Reply with quote

mikemtnbike wrote:
at least one of these posts is advocating the equivalent of genocide- the deliberate mass killing of a minority group

?huh?

Which minority would that be? I must have missed that, please point out where I missed it.

Definition of

gen·o·cide
/ˈjenəˌsīd/
Learn to pronounce
noun
the deliberate killing of a large number of people from a particular nation or ethnic group with the aim of destroying that nation or group.
"a campaign of genocide"

I missed that too, please point it out.

Using spin with touchy/loaded words like "genocide" and "minority" is bad form for accuracy and good form for passing things like "Proposition 47: The Safe Neighborhoods and Schools Act".... Totally off base unless (van) thieves are an ethic group or a nation... The dude they pulled out of the van was a big white dude.

www.SuperVanagon.com - some stuff I make

Last edited by vanis13 on Fri Dec 09, 2022 8:51 am; edited 1 time in total
mikemtnbike
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2022 8:51 am    Post subject: Re: Vanagon theft in Oakland Reply with quote

vanis13 wrote:
mikemtnbike wrote:
minority group

?huh? Which minority would that be? I must have missed that, please point out where I missed it

Persons struggling with addiction.

Last edited by mikemtnbike on Fri Dec 09, 2022 8:55 am; edited 1 time in total
space
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2022 8:55 am    Post subject: Re: Vanagon theft in Oakland Reply with quote

vanis13 wrote:
The dude they pulled out of the van was a big white dude.

At first I thought the BWD was the cop! Very Happy
Rear discs
vanis13
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2022 8:58 am    Post subject: Re: Vanagon theft in Oakland Reply with quote

mikemtnbike wrote:
vanis13 wrote:
mikemtnbike wrote:
minority group

?huh? Which minority would that be? I must have missed that, please point out where I missed it

Persons struggling with addiction.

I expanded the post you quoted.

Re: minority (in the context you seen to use, none of the other definitions are any more accurate)

a relatively small group of people, especially one commonly discriminated against in a community, society, or nation, differing from others in race, religion, language, or political persuasion.
"minority rights"

The addicted is not in that definition of race, religion, language, or political persuasion.

And society does discriminate against those that violate it's rules - speeders, tax cheats, rapists, thieves, drug dealers and users.

I write this as a non-MAGA person.

vanis13
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2022 8:58 am    Post subject: Re: Vanagon theft in Oakland Reply with quote

space wrote:
vanis13 wrote:
The dude they pulled out of the van was a big white dude.

At first I thought the BWD was the cop! Very Happy

Yeah, me too! He even had a jacket with insignia on it.

mikemtnbike
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2022 9:08 am    Post subject: Re: Vanagon theft in Oakland Reply with quote

Would you be happier with "mass killing of a specific group of people? "
skills@eurocarsplus
Samba Peckerhead

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2022 9:22 am    Post subject: Re: Vanagon theft in Oakland Reply with quote

Sycolyst wrote:
Zeitgeist 13 wrote:
MAGA has entered the chat...

Where I live it's not MAGA, it's respect. Show up hungry and cold needing help and I'll feed and shelter you. Show up and try to steal my stuff and you'll get a German Shepherd and two broken arms.

There is more to this story as the theft seems like a professional heist with the VW as a throw away.

I see I have hurt some feelings. Lemme see if I can hurt some more...

I am so tired of seeing our great country become what it is- a lawless shithole where hard working people are getting violated day in and day out. Even businesses are closing/relocating because they just can't suffer the losses anymore.

If you come to my house and my 17 year old hound bites you, she's getting put down. Sorry, I feel the same way about the junkies too. 1% of them may want help but by and large they are a drain on society so there are 2, possibly 3 options

mental/rehab institutions whey they have to go and get clean, learn a trade and be a productive member of society, go to jail or just be cleaned off the face of the planet.

Having been thru a rape and murder of a family member you'll never change my mind that some people are disposable, just like the dog that bit you has no second chance.

I'm all for giving people a hand up, not a hand out. You have to stop feeding the strays at some point. If calling me MAGA makes you feel good, so be it. IF me wanting a world where you and your family are safe makes me a bad person, you are just as big a part of the problem

my reason for switching to subaru is my german car was turning chinese so i said fuck it and went japanese.......
[email protected] wrote:
most VW enthusiasts are stuck in 80's price land.

Jake Raby wrote:
Thanks for the correction. I used to be a nice guy, then I ruined it by exposing myself to the public.

Brian wrote:
Also the fact that people are agreeing with Skills, it's a turn of events for samba history
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2022 9:26 am    Post subject: Re: Vanagon theft in Oakland Reply with quote

Ok, we are done when we start talking about killing groups of people, along with some of the other reported comments in this thread.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: