Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

VW Fun Challenge
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 166, 167, 168 ... 221, 222, 223  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> General/Chat Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
oprn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 12:05 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Fun Challenge Reply with quote

What I am most thankful for right now is that genius invention called a snowblower! That device right there no matter what size it comes in saves a LOT of backbreaking work!

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

madmike
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2022 5:06 am    Post subject: Re: VW Fun Challenge Reply with quote

Looks like you got Dumped on Laughing , we had that stuff (26 cm) a couple weeks ago Rolling Eyes all gone now with 50* we had this last wknd,,,,but we'er getting hit again today , no Blower just a Bucket on the compact Kabota,,Cheers,Mike
76 Drag/Street bug 2180cc 'Turbo' 11:85 @113 mph"If I go any faster I'll burn up the Hamster" ,gets 28 mpg. also 10/09/22 11.90 @115 mph
"If I'm ever on Life Support,UNPLUG Me, Then Plug me back In see if that Works"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
iowegian Premium Member
Samba Curmudgeon

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2022 9:49 am    Post subject: Re: VW Fun Challenge Reply with quote

oprn wrote:

It's a good thing that somebody put up the barbed wire fence----judging by the footprints in the snow it looks like you tried to escape. Laughing
madmike
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2022 5:37 am    Post subject: Re: VW Fun Challenge Reply with quote

He's Building a 'Ramp' with the Tractor ,Thinking Steve McQueen 'Great Escape' Laughing
76 Drag/Street bug 2180cc 'Turbo' 11:85 @113 mph"If I go any faster I'll burn up the Hamster" ,gets 28 mpg. also 10/09/22 11.90 @115 mph
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
oprn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2022 7:10 am    Post subject: Re: VW Fun Challenge Reply with quote

That is the drift at the end of the driveway and that was the third time in a day and a half it was that deep. I had to blow it out so the wife could get to work, blow it out again so she could come home and that picture was how it was again the next morning. Snow here is rarely ever in a static state, it's always on the move!

Carry on.

Your VW next to something you're thankful for.
TDCTDI
Samba Advocatus Diaboli

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2022 7:39 am    Post subject: Re: VW Fun Challenge Reply with quote

Up next: YVW under neon or other lights that alter the color or look of your car.

GOFUNDYOURSELF, quit asking everyone to do it for you!

An air cooled VW will make you a hoarder.

Do something, anything, to your project every day, and you will eventually complete it.
bigdog1962
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2022 9:00 am    Post subject: Re: VW Fun Challenge Reply with quote

Time for a new challenge
Oprn wrote: I'm getting to the age that any self propelled woman (no wheel chair or walker) looks HOT!! Oooo! look at that Babe! She made it from the dining room all the way to the TV room without help!! Hubba, hubba!!
oprn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2022 5:11 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Fun Challenge Reply with quote

Agreed! I lost track of what the current challenge was.

Last edited by oprn on Sun Dec 04, 2022 9:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
TDCTDI
Samba Advocatus Diaboli

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2022 7:11 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Fun Challenge Reply with quote

Quite whining & go find a large Christmas light display at night.

GOFUNDYOURSELF, quit asking everyone to do it for you!

An air cooled VW will make you a hoarder.

Do something, anything, to your project every day, and you will eventually complete it.
KTPhil Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2022 10:55 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Fun Challenge Reply with quote

oprn wrote:
Agreed! I lost track of what the current challenge was.

It was started on November 24th (10 days ago).

Anyone for rules?: "If after a week or so the challenge is not met then a new one will take its place."

Naaaah, this one shouldn't be that hard. Let's give it to the end of this week, shall we?!

Up next: YVW under neon or other lights that alter the color or look of your car.
oprn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2022 9:51 am    Post subject: Re: VW Fun Challenge Reply with quote

My VW is black and ugly no matter what light you put it under! Very Happy

YVW under neon or other lights that alter the color or look of your car.
Nicholas D
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2022 4:32 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Fun Challenge Reply with quote

Blue light special!

How about your VW next to some type of water. Stream, river, crick, lake, ocean, whatever.
oprn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2022 8:35 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Fun Challenge Reply with quote

Frozen water count? Ain't no liquid water in a couple hundred miles, it's -34 at this moment...

your VW next to some type of water. Stream, river, crick, lake, ocean, whatever.
madmike
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2022 5:30 am    Post subject: Re: VW Fun Challenge Reply with quote

Ha we have just 34* as u say "Tropical" Laughing
Most of Our inland lakes are froze too

oprn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2022 6:47 am    Post subject: Re: VW Fun Challenge Reply with quote

"Water water everywhere and not a drop to drink!"

From a couple years ago for your amusement!

your VW next to some type of water. Stream, river, crick, lake, ocean, whatever.
oprn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2022 2:45 am    Post subject: Re: VW Fun Challenge Reply with quote

I actually found some open water yesterday in Calgary. The Bow River still has some open spots (there was even a guy out there fishing!) but I did not see anyplace where I could get close enough with the Jetta to get a photo without risking some serious off-roading and a subsequent towing bill. And - our daughter had just had a medical procedure so she was not really up to that sort of Tom foolery...

Nicholas D
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2022 5:48 am    Post subject: Re: VW Fun Challenge Reply with quote

Man, I don't know how you guys can live like that. Definitely tougher than me, anything below about 50 is too cold. To each their own I suppose, the snow and your property definitely are beautiful. Didn't madmike meet the water challenge?
oprn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2022 2:53 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Fun Challenge Reply with quote

Na! I used to think that way about you people in the hot parts too. Man I could never take that heat! A few years back we went to a hot part of the world and I found out that the body adapts pretty quick. Three weeks in it and it wasn't a big deal. You would find the same thing if you came here.

It's 10% physical and 90% mental.

I think Madmike's was an old photo but I could be wrong...

madmike
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2022 3:17 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Fun Challenge Reply with quote

The Photo was from this 'Fall' ,All my VW's are in Hibernation Wink
Xevin Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2022 6:01 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Fun Challenge Reply with quote

Clatter wrote:
Damn that Xevin... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

skills@eurocarsplus wrote:
I respect Xevin and he's a turd Razz

SGKent wrote:
My God! Xevin and I 100% agree Shocked
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> General/Chat All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 166, 167, 168 ... 221, 222, 223  Next
Jump to:
Page 167 of 223

Jump to: