Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Wild Westerner Club
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 163, 164, 165 ... 167, 168, 169  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Emily's Owner
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2022 3:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Green Club Members Reply with quote

ricosworld wrote:

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

2 sticker’s I have been waiting to post to the club.
If you know you know.

I had my bus serviced there for a short time, until I found that they weren't necessarily doing all of the repairs I had paid for.

ITMC - OG Den Mother

What (and I cannot stress this enough) The Actual Fuck?!

1974 Transporter
2023 Subaru Outback
Bill Sullivan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2022 2:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Wild Westerner Club Reply with quote

Well !
Things are too quiet in fact way too quiet.
We haven't had a new find in a while. I know there are more Wild Westerners waiting to be discovered because our sightings list is still pretty long. We have done well and September will be out 10th Anniversary for The International Wild Westerner Club. My intentions were to make a trip this year to Pleasanton California to locate the importer's family that was reported to have ordered these critters and also Spokane to look around and set up some accommodations for our 50th Birthday Party. Figuring gas prices here being $4.49 per gallon it would cost me almost $6,000 in fuel along to make a round trip. Soooooooooooo Do we have anyone in or near Pleasanton California and also Spokane who would step up and help. If so, holler back.

Thank you in advance,
Bill

2002 Snap Orange Turbo Beetle (Daughter)
1973 Wild Westerner (Son) Vin #2232203230... Production Date Monday May 14, 1973 *** Destination Portland, Or.

Card Carrying Member of the International Wild Westerner Club
America (65) - Austria (1) -Canada (1)- Denmark (1) - France (1)- Germany (5) - Mexico (4) - The Netherlands (2) Portugal (1) - United Kingdom (3)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2022 9:03 am    Post subject: Re: Wild Westerner Club Reply with quote

From the old baywindow photos thread...

Blue Baron wrote:

Mober
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2022 10:42 am    Post subject: Re: Wild Westerner Club Reply with quote

Bill Sullivan wrote:
Well !
Things are too quiet in fact way too quiet.
We haven't had a new find in a while. I know there are more Wild Westerners waiting to be discovered because our sightings list is still pretty long. We have done well and September will be out 10th Anniversary for The International Wild Westerner Club. My intentions were to make a trip this year to Pleasanton California to locate the importer's family that was reported to have ordered these critters and also Spokane to look around and set up some accommodations for our 50th Birthday Party. Figuring gas prices here being $4.49 per gallon it would cost me almost $6,000 in fuel along to make a round trip. Soooooooooooo Do we have anyone in or near Pleasanton California and also Spokane who would step up and help. If so, holler back.

Thank you in advance,
Bill

Bill, has this guy reached out?
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=769575
ToolBox
Samba Member

Location: Detroit, where they don't jack parts off my ride in the parking lot of the 7-11

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2022 11:08 am    Post subject: Re: Wild Westerner Club Reply with quote

cdennisg wrote:
From the old baywindow photos thread...

Blue Baron wrote:

Sweet, a Hornet wagon...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
softmachine
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2022 8:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Wild Westerner Club Reply with quote

Mober wrote:

It's already on the list:
"2232 198 437...d...Idaho,Sandpoint.............reqsef in storage (DI 3-13-18.)..................(auto tranny) Driveable"
Although it's not an auto tranny and it's definitely not driveable haha
Mober
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2022 8:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Wild Westerner Club Reply with quote

softmachine wrote:
Mober wrote:

"2232 198 437...d...Idaho,Sandpoint.............reqsef in storage (DI 3-13-18.)..................(auto tranny) Driveable"

Haha perfect month for a perfectly timed tranny joke
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2022 9:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Wild Westerner Club Reply with quote

softmachine wrote:
Mober wrote:

I was wondering if that is the one here in Sandpoint. I saw it sitting in the lean-to last fall when I was on a delivery up that road.

Cool to see it getting some love.
Ben Greenwood
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 12:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Wild Westerner Club Reply with quote

Hello everyone!

I am about to put my club registered Wild Westerner up for sale, I am UK based. Any interest on here before I put it on general sale? Not in original colour scheme but verified as a WW, amazing condition, looking for £12,500

Thanks!

Ben
[email protected]
Bill Sullivan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2022 7:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Wild Westerner Club Reply with quote

Hello Ben,

I am not ignoring anyone I just haven't been receiving notifications.

Ben let us know where your Wild Westerner goes. Thanks

Correct me if I am wrong, the Wild Westerner in the attachment is on our registry ?

May 1, 2023, will be here sooner than you think everyone should be making plans now.

No one has contacted me from Spokane or Pleasanton in regards to helping with the gathering and also contacting the supposed importer. If anyone can help please contact me for we need to get things rolling.

Somewhere in the past couple of years I heard or read there are people who buy jet fuel in advance and sell to the airlines. If anyone knows how that works please share with us, and also if there is such a deal for the public please share this as well.

Next month is our 10th anniversary of the Wild Westerner Club lets keep on keeping on so many generations from now people can enjoy these funky looking critters known as the Wild Westerner .

Rock on wid your bad self.

1973 Wild Westerner (Son) Vin #2232203230... Production Date Monday May 14, 1973 *** Destination Portland, Or.

America (65) - Austria (1) -Canada (1)- Denmark (1) - France (1)- Germany (5) - Mexico (4) - The Netherlands (2) Portugal (1) - United Kingdom (3)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Bill Sullivan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2022 10:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Wild Westerner Club Reply with quote

Dateline 9-25-2022
Info received on a one owner (family bought new) Wild Westerner located in Los Angeles.

2232 206 963
20 5
UP

Owner/ Svanorman

Welcome Cuz...

Dave please add to the registry.

8 months until Spokane Dancing

rjonas
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2022 10:30 am    Post subject: Re: Wild Westerner Club Reply with quote

The AZ Bus Club Jerome Jamboree XXXI Wild Westerner Raffle Bus was won Sunday 9/25/22 by Chance Pederson of Sedona, AZ who is now the newest Wild Westerner owner and this was #87 know WW when we found it.
The build thread:
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=755825&highlight=

www.azbusclub.org
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Bill Sullivan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2022 11:03 am    Post subject: Re: Wild Westerner Club Reply with quote

Fantastic and Welcome...
I see Dave has contacted you so let's get Clover proper Club Credentials.
Seeing the pictures, it took massive time and effort to save this Wild Westerner.
A special thanks to all who helped with this rebuild.
I believe our current count is 87 and hopefully more will pop up before our scheduled gathering this coming May 1, 2023.
If only these critters could talk.
Anyway, we shall march on.
Very Interesting time, wildfires, drought in the West and Storms, flooding in the East it is never a dull moment.
Later Tater.

rjonas
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2022 11:08 am    Post subject: Re: Wild Westerner Club Reply with quote

Yes, someone sent the info and a WWC sticker that we installed on the drivers vent window.

www.azbusclub.org
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vwwestyman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2022 2:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Wild Westerner Club Reply with quote

Hello Everyone!

There has been chatter for the past few years about the Wild Westerner Reunion this coming May, 2023.

Most of that discussion has centered around May 1st.

I am wondering how many people have made plans to be there at that time?

I am also wondering about shifting the Reunion to the end of May? Reason I ask is my wife and I will be moving a 13 year old into our home soon as an adoptive placement. So he will be coming along! But going on a long camping trip right at the end of the school year would prove difficult.

So I was thinking it would be helpful for our family if we did the Reunion/Gathering at the end of May. And I imagine there are others who may also have similar difficulties that could be resolved by going a bit later.

Looking for thoughts/comments/concerns. Anyone made concrete plans to attend for beginning of May that cannot be adjusted?

President, Wild Westerner Club

1978 Champagne Edition Westy, repowered to '97 Jetta TDI
1973 Wild Westerner
My Thing
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2022 2:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Wild Westerner Club Reply with quote

For what it's worth, late may might be better for weather issues. Rain is still likely, but early May has a higher chance of cold and crappy, with snow in the mountain passes. Gotta go over mountains to get here from just about anywhere.

I'm about 70 miles from Spokane.
vwluvrs
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2022 3:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Wild Westerner Club Reply with quote

Just found another one
Central California,, already asking owner for VIN

>Click< to see my stuff for sale
Bill Sullivan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2022 3:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Wild Westerner Club Reply with quote

Alright Cuz great job, I know there still some scattered around, Keep On Huntin.

As far as the reunion I am flexible. It will be a long journey for me so I may leave the East Coast maybe March or April. Must see the sights along the way.

Forgot to mention, last full moon of 2022 called a Cold Moon.. Supposed to be other noticeable happenings tonight for the Stargazers and Moonies.

I have asked for any volunteers that could go Pleasanton California to try and locate the Importer that may know the creation of The Wild Westerner and no has come forward. It certainly would be great if we could solve the mystery. If we go ahead as planned with Spokane "BIG UN" will have a stroke. For you newbies "BIG UN" is samba member notchboy.

Bill Sullivan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2022 2:52 am    Post subject: Re: Wild Westerner Club Reply with quote

This Reunion has been planned for approximately 5 years.
Sounds as if we are going to have a low turnout for the reunion, maybe for weather, maybe for location don't know.
We formed this Club slightly over 10 years ago and taking into the consideration that fact that we have not been able to validate the almost 50 year old rumor of the Official Connection with The Wild Westerner and the World Expo in 1974.
I am thinking possibly we should consider other locations for reunion.
Is there another VW Event or Motorcycle Event or Concert or something that we could join in with.?
I do agree with Dave that at the very least the creation using similar colors of the Expo was possibly a sales promotion of some type to make it appear to be connected to the Expo. And most likely the person who dreamed up the Wild Westerner started the rumor.
The floor is open stay with the original plan or submit your suggestions for another event or location.

The Green Wave is coming.

ricosworld
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2022 10:53 am    Post subject: Re: Wild Westerner Club Reply with quote

Well I am in and will be there. Any kind of details to host at? a park? campground? Location of the Worlds Fair.. now its a few months away
it going to be here sooner than later.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 163, 164, 165 ... 167, 168, 169  Next
Jump to:
Page 164 of 169

Jump to: