Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Correct fan shroud white for porsche 356 C 64-65
Forum Index -> Porsche - 356 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
volkaholic1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2022 3:39 pm    Post subject: Correct fan shroud white for porsche 356 C 64-65 Reply with quote

i do powdercoating for a living, i specialize in vw and porsche engine tin

over the years, i have color matched the 356 shrouds, i have the correct
black, silver, and gray

i have been looking for a white shroud, finally found 1, in bad shape, but you can still see the white

i have read the folks call it "off white" - any idea what that means?
if you image search, you can find white 356 shrouds, but they always look pure white to me, so are they correct or not?

also, any idea the gloss level? hi, med, low, satin?
I want a really good match, it sure looks like white with a tiny bit of gray in it.
your thoughts?
wheel607
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2022 2:43 pm    Post subject: Re: correct fan shroud white for porsche 356 C 64-65 Reply with quote

Its very light grey NOT white. And it originally had some gloss to it. I have refinished B & C and SC shrouds and according to Porsche it has always been just a hint of grey.
volkaholic1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2022 5:17 pm    Post subject: Re: correct fan shroud white for porsche 356 C 64-65 Reply with quote

see, that is what i thought, you are the 1st person that has spoken up, thanks a ton, gets me 1 step closer
Jacks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2022 1:17 am    Post subject: Re: Correct fan shroud white for porsche 356 C 64-65 Reply with quote

Super 90 engines fitted to T6 cars had white shrouds
wheel607
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2022 4:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Correct fan shroud white for porsche 356 C 64-65 Reply with quote

Jack, He has asked for in his opening statement if the 356 C 64-65 came with a "correct" white (WHITE) fan shroud, my answer was NO, they had a little grey in them............I stand by that. If anybody has a factory white fanshroud 356C 64-65 in anything except light grey....please let me see it.
volkaholic1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2022 5:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Correct fan shroud white for porsche 356 C 64-65 Reply with quote

well i think you are correct, when someone says "porsche white" about a 356 engine, they really mean "white with a little gray in it" = off white

I think i found a good color match, will post here when it is done
finster
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2022 8:05 am    Post subject: Re: Correct fan shroud white for porsche 356 C 64-65 Reply with quote

I imagine it would be similar to heron grey (reihergrau)
https://www.colors.rs/colorsearch?tag=FbdMMycKCD

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

nothing lasts, nothing is finished, and nothing is perfect...
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Porsche - 356 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: