Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

New EV "Microbus"
Forum Index -> Other VW Vehicles/Volksrods Share: Facebook Twitter
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
deadaheadub
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:11 am    Post subject: New EV "Microbus" Reply with quote

Sorry if this has already been posted but I couldn't find it.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

https://www.kbb.com/car-news/classic-reborn-electric-vw-microbus-successor-to-appear-in-2023/
Past loves: '65 Bug, '70 Westy poptop, '64 Squareback project, '76 Westy tintop "Loose Lucy", '76 Westy tintop "Sharee"
Current:'84 Westy poptop "Ramblin' Rose- Rosie" w/ 2003 Subaru EJ25 conversion
DuncanS
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:15 am    Post subject: Re: New EV "Microbus" Reply with quote

Nice roof and rear interior, BUT...........Floor too high, no pass through to front seat and outside.....ogglie as sin.

Duncan
Bonesberg55
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:19 am    Post subject: Re: New EV "Microbus" Reply with quote

I like it but from what I have read, it will only be available in the USA in it's luxury version and the price is prohibitive like most new vehicles.
ZsZ
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:32 am    Post subject: Re: New EV "Microbus" Reply with quote

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=674425&highlight=id.buzz
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
dabaron
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:46 am    Post subject: Re: New EV "Microbus" Reply with quote

it's not a Vanagon so i don't care about it. i have no interest in modern VW products.

BiWerks Design, LLC
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:54 am    Post subject: Re: New EV "Microbus" Reply with quote

It’s a MicroBuzz. Not a MicroVann

I can change into my surf gear in the back!

EU release dateMarch 9 2022

Anyone posting speculation and” content” gets Flapped
DuncanS
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:59 am    Post subject: Re: New EV "Microbus" Reply with quote

I'll give it the roof eyebrow. Other than that, I'm out. How could you start with:
, and wind up with this?

I'm voting it for first prize in the "Wall of Shame".

Duncan
pinetreeporsche
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 3:19 pm    Post subject: Re: New EV "Microbus" Reply with quote

ZsZ wrote:

The link there is to a brief exchange in '17. A couple of posts in on the thread had bobbyblack's interesting observation: "I might like to rip the front electric drive out of one of these tho, and see how to fit it into a Vanagon as a rear gas, electric front drive Vanagon." I've had similar thoughts after hearing of some late e-entrys (can't recall what international brands) making prototypes with 4 separate motors on 4-wheels electrics. I'd love to see my front wheels replaced with new ones w/motors on each side. I know I've heard that some of the bigger shops in the US western states are working out electric Vanagon conversions, but I go with bobbyblack: leave my van's existing drive untouched, just augment that with the f wheel electric motors.
Does anyone know any of the tinkerers at those out-west shops working on conversions? If so, ask them if think the less grand conversion of just the f wheels might be easier/cheaper! Yes, synching the accelerators might be a challenge, but the dual power package has been my dream for several years.
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:02 pm    Post subject: Re: New EV "Microbus" Reply with quote

I do know of a west coast conversion biz and will see if they want to post here
TornadoRed06
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2022 11:19 am    Post subject: Re: New EV "Microbus" Reply with quote

I was thinking into setting-up a thread about these, so we could discuss about the 2 new vehicles from VW, set to be unveiled by 9th March 2022. They are bound to be the ID.Bus (Multi-Purpose Vehicle) and the ID.Cargo (to be unveiled at a latter date).

Both, will be based around the MEB platform (electric powertrain platform built on the MQB platform principles), that is already in use on all the ID.family vehicles unveiled so far. So, this skateboard with 4 wheel electric motors you show here has no relation with what the MEB platform is:

DuncanS wrote:
How could you start with:

Duncan

The ID.Bus, the VW proposal on the Multi-Purpose Vehicle segment, will have as main tasks providing electric powertrain offerings in this category for the brand in Europe, as it will effectively serve as due replacements for:

- Sharan (Type 7N, since 2010) on PQ46 platform
- Touran (Type 5T, since 2015) on MQB platform

The Sharan is already discontinued in China (by Viloran on MQB A2 platform) and since VW decided to split the Multi-Purpose Vehicle from the Cargo segments on the "7th Transporter generation", for at least in Europe but also possibly elsewere, it is very likely that on the segment upper-end, the Multivan (now on a MQB platfrom) will soldier-on as the conventional and hybrid plug-in offerings, while the future Transporter (based on a new Ford platform design) will too fill that void, but on the Cargo segments.

On the other hand, the ID.Cargo will essentially be the proposal for electric powertrains that is being left void by the recently released Caddy (Type SB, since 2020) on MQB Evo platform, that is set just to be available with conventional powertrains (diesel, gasoline, natural gas) and also as hybrid plug-in, even though this vehicle is also available as a rebadged Ford Tourneo Connect.
The Caddy model is of very important sale volumes in Europe, and with the current and future requirements set to be enforced troughout the region, although the Caddy now sits on the MQB Evo platform, it wouldn't be competitive if it had to be engineered for electric vehicle versions.

I for one, do not know how much 1949-Transporter-like can VW claim these resamble, at least, I do not see as much of it as I could see 1938-Beetle-like on the 1997 New Beetle or 2011 Beetle. Granted, regulations woldwide have greatly moved since the early 1990s but still, I can see a lot more in common on the ID.Buzz from the Tempo Matador.

Link

Last edited by TornadoRed06 on Sat Jan 22, 2022 2:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Bonesberg55
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2022 1:05 pm    Post subject: Re: New EV "Microbus" Reply with quote

As I said before, I like it. Cut the price in half and I'll get interested.
TornadoRed06
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2022 1:48 pm    Post subject: Re: New EV "Microbus" Reply with quote

Folks! 9th March is just around the corner and while Volkswagen is already running under everyday conditions between Hannover, Hamburg, Copenhagen, Amsterdam, London, Paris and Barcelona pre-production ID.Bus/ID.Cargo units, the great news is that the real first public appearance in the US (European Market Specification) will be at the Austin Convention Center during the SXSW conference (11-20 March).
While you don't move to South by Southwest, an entertaining read can be found here:

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-cars/first-drive-vw-id-buzz-2022-prototype-review

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
TornadoRed06
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2022 3:43 pm    Post subject: Re: New EV "Microbus" Reply with quote

Hey ho, another update!

All the while in the USA no one get his hands on a ID.Buzz, either Bus or Cargo, just for all of you out there to know:

The 2023 International Van Of The Year Award has been attributed to the ID.Buzz Cargo!

https://van-of-the-year.com/?page_id=763
TornadoRed06
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2023 11:20 am    Post subject: Re: New EV "Microbus" Reply with quote

In terms of vehicle deliveries, in Europe they are already well underway.
As data points, in Norway deliveries of ID.Cargo and ID.Bus together, have already crossed the 1000 units mark since the market introduction in September 2022. The mix so far is skewed towards the ID.Cargo version, with 60% of the total.
On the other hand, at the home market of Germany, deliveries have been active since May of last year at drip feet pace, totaling 1367 deliveries for the year.

While he doesn't reach US customers, Volkswagen soldiers on with the only ID-family vehicle available, the ID.4 that has sold 16,742 units in 2021 and 20,511 in 2022.
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2023 11:47 am    Post subject: Re: New EV "Microbus" Reply with quote

dabaron wrote:
it's not a Vanagon so i don't care about it. i have no interest in modern VW products.

The same can be said about your Vanagon... I have no interest in watercooled VW products.

ZsZ wrote:

Let's use the existing topic.

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Forum Index -> Other VW Vehicles/Volksrods All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: