Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Brief word of thanks.
Forum Index -> Site Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
ozoner
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2022 11:55 am    Post subject: Brief word of thanks. Reply with quote

I have been consuming/lurking on this forum for years, and staring at the screen just now it finally occurred to me just how amazing of a resource this site is.

An absolute internet sweet spot of people who love this hobby, and an awful lot of experienced 'teachers' who love what they do and love passing it on even more.

So thank you to everyone who has contributed to this site in any way. At a guess, probably a third to half of all air-cooled VW's currently on the road likely owe their continued existence in oner way or another to TheSamba. Soon to include my 1970 Ghia coupe.

Cheers
Hakka
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2023 10:45 am    Post subject: Re: Brief word of thanks. Reply with quote

I too would like to throw out a formal Thanks to everyone that keeps this thing going.

Something I also appreciate is how the layout has stayed the same and TheSamba has been, essentially, as it has been since I joined. No fancy algorithms or other crazy internet jumbo. The consistency is like coming home in a world that refuses to just let things be. Top notch and a great site/resource.
bobnorman
Samba Newfoundlander

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2023 6:58 am    Post subject: Re: Brief word of thanks. Reply with quote

All of this. I feel the exact same way. I just posted in another thread in the Off Topic forum that one way I used to give thanks was by buying (when I could afford it) a Premium Membership - not because I need it, but because I want to help keep this lovely place going. A member’s post reminded me that I have not done that in a while.

I understand that not everyone can always afford to do so, but today I’m fortunate enough that I can. Today I got my Star back.

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=289807
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2023 6:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Brief word of thanks. Reply with quote

Thanks for the feedback!
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Site All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: