Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

2023 BARNDOOR GATHERING
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Forum Index -> Split Bus - Barndoor Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Barndoor Mafia
Il Capo

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2022 9:07 am    Post subject: Re: 2023 BARNDOOR GATHERING Reply with quote

There is a caravan coming from Canada ........ hopefully you can get your ride sorted out in time? The effort will be worth it. Keep us posted.

hawthorne wrote:
I hope to make it down from Canada and join a few on the west coast to drive down, although maybe with or without my barndoor 😬

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Barndoor Mafia
Il Capo

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2022 9:14 am    Post subject: Re: 2023 BARNDOOR GATHERING Reply with quote

derRHDmeister wrote:
working on bringing this '53 oddity to complete the full spectrum of barndoors on display in June '23, just hope to be able to make it past the entrance gate!

Link

There you go ...... you are pre signed up! I too am looking forward to seeing this relic up in person. Caught my attention Thumbs Up

Fast Eddie wrote:
It has my approval. I'm looking forward to parking it in the line up.
Can't wait to see it in person!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Barndoor Mafia
Il Capo

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2022 11:15 am    Post subject: Re: 2023 BARNDOOR GATHERING Reply with quote

myklsmyth wrote:
I was thinking of bringing the bus but it would be on a trailer and likely only be the chassis. Laughing

Bring your Bus regardless. There were a few whom came on trailers and a few in the middle of getting built. Like this one .........

Barndoor Mafia
Il Capo

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2022 11:22 am    Post subject: Re: 2023 BARNDOOR GATHERING Reply with quote

j.pickens wrote:
June 3rd?
So early in the month!
I was hoping to attend the Barndoor reunion in the Netherlands and then drive or tow my Baja Barndoor out West for the Octo Reunion. But they are only two weeks apart!
Decisions, decisions...

Yes Sir! The Netherlands gathering is being held on May 20th & 21st in Enschede, right on the German border! The US gathering is two weekends away - June 3rd.

I'm going to make every effort to get out there, the Netherlands, for this? We'll see ........ ??

So yes, you got some decisions to make. Regardless of what you decide to do/go, it will be a good decision Thumbs Up
myklsmyth
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2022 12:43 pm    Post subject: Re: 2023 BARNDOOR GATHERING Reply with quote

Barndoor Mafia wrote:
myklsmyth wrote:
I was thinking of bringing the bus but it would be on a trailer and likely only be the chassis. Laughing

Bring your Bus regardless. There were a few whom came on trailers and a few in the middle of getting built. Like this one .........

This gives me hope.. Laughing Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
j.pickens
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2023 8:21 pm    Post subject: Re: 2023 BARNDOOR GATHERING Reply with quote

Barndoor Mafia wrote:
j.pickens wrote:
June 3rd?
So early in the month!
I was hoping to attend the Barndoor reunion in the Netherlands and then drive or tow my Baja Barndoor out West for the Octo Reunion. But they are only two weeks apart!
Decisions, decisions...

Yes Sir! The Netherlands gathering is being held on May 20th & 21st in Enschede, right on the German border! The US gathering is two weekends away - June 3rd.

I'm going to make every effort to get out there, the Netherlands, for this? We'll see ........ ??

So yes, you got some decisions to make. Regardless of what you decide to do/go, it will be a good decision Thumbs Up

I plan to go to both reunions, but bringing my bus West might be off the table.

i wish more people would actually drive their vws rather than just talking about what they have in the garage.

Red Fau Veh wrote:
If you've seen one sunroof swivel seat kombi, you've seen them all! Cool
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Barndoor Mafia
Il Capo

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2023 5:12 am    Post subject: Re: 2023 BARNDOOR GATHERING Reply with quote

myklsmyth wrote:

This gives me hope.. Laughing Laughing

It would be nice to bring your Bus or any Bus that's in a deep restoration or preservation .......... no matter what stage they are in or if they have been customized ..... Bring them!! Thumbs Up
Barndoor Mafia
Il Capo

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2023 5:15 am    Post subject: Re: 2023 BARNDOOR GATHERING Reply with quote

j.pickens wrote:

I plan to go to both reunions, but bringing my bus West might be off the table.

Czech you out Johnny Pickenez!! If I can swing it too??? I'd like to hit both Gatherings. But Busless ofcoure Wink Regardless I'm stoked for both events.
23 window mike
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 3:40 am    Post subject: Re: 2023 BARNDOOR GATHERING Reply with quote

I will be coming
Barndoor Mafia
Il Capo

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2023 1:47 pm    Post subject: Re: 2023 BARNDOOR GATHERING Reply with quote

23 window mike wrote:
I will be coming

You coming from Merry Ol England buddy ????
Barndoor Mafia
Il Capo

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2023 1:53 pm    Post subject: Re: 2023 BARNDOOR GATHERING Reply with quote

Jus an FYI ........ I'm working with the Bus Bros on a camping site for folks coming from out of town with their Barndoor's. The site is close to the Long Beach Veteran's and the beach as well Laughing As I retrieve more information I'll post it up!
j.pickens
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2023 10:18 pm    Post subject: Re: 2023 BARNDOOR GATHERING Reply with quote

Welp, I'm booked for both reunions.
This is gonna be great!

i wish more people would actually drive their vws rather than just talking about what they have in the garage.

Red Fau Veh wrote:
BlastMasterMannyFresh
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2023 10:38 pm    Post subject: Re: 2023 BARNDOOR GATHERING Reply with quote

j.pickens wrote:
This is gonna be great!

Are you bringing your bdsc to OCTO ?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Twitter Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
j.pickens
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2023 12:03 am    Post subject: Re: 2023 BARNDOOR GATHERING Reply with quote

BlastMasterMannyFresh wrote:
j.pickens wrote:
This is gonna be great!

Are you bringing your bdsc to OCTO ?

No, only two weeks between events.
I can't take that much time off

Red Fau Veh wrote:
Barndoor Mafia
Il Capo

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2023 8:15 am    Post subject: Re: 2023 BARNDOOR GATHERING Reply with quote

j.pickens wrote:
This is gonna be great!

Czech you out Jonny Pickenez!! Thumbs Up

You are very fortunate to attend both events. Too cool ....... enjoy and we'll see you come June.
mr. warehouse
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2023 8:21 am    Post subject: Re: 2023 BARNDOOR GATHERING Reply with quote

Did I miss it, or is there anything happening locally on Sunday after OCTO?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Twitter Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Two Glove Boxes
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2023 9:59 pm    Post subject: Re: 2023 BARNDOOR GATHERING Reply with quote

Greg, I haven't seen any dates for those other shows yet ether. This OCTO is going to be K🔥LLER!!! Can't wait to see my R📺D Crew!!

1960 Dove Blue Double Cab Patina Build

Two Glove Boxes

DLK
mr. warehouse
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2023 11:16 pm    Post subject: Re: 2023 BARNDOOR GATHERING Reply with quote

Two Glove Boxes wrote:
Greg, I haven't seen any dates for those other shows yet ether. This OCTO is going to be K🔥LLER!!! Can't wait to see my R📺D Crew!!

I guess we'll need to make our own "event" for Sunday. I'm in town until Prado, so I'll have plenty of time to do something. 😉
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Twitter Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
j.pickens
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2023 12:53 pm    Post subject: Re: 2023 BARNDOOR GATHERING Reply with quote

Great video of the promo shoot for the 2023 Barndoor Roundup.
Thanks to Shin of HotVW's

Link

Red Fau Veh wrote:
zuggbug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2023 2:52 pm    Post subject: Re: 2023 BARNDOOR GATHERING Reply with quote

Great promo video - thanks for sharing John.

I have my plane ticket booked. can't wait.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus - Barndoor All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: