Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Mrs. Kravitz
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
madmike
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2023 6:21 am    Post subject: Mrs. Kravitz Reply with quote

We never had Neighbors for like over 30 years, since a Nice younger couple moved in across the street up the hill , all I do is worry about them getting home safe,, etc. (snow storms) They drive 2 hrs to work,, I think I'm turning into Mrs Kravitz,, Shocked Rolling Eyes Laughing ,,,,"Abner''
76 Drag/Street bug 2180cc 'Turbo' 11:85 @113 mph"If I go any faster I'll burn up the Hamster" ,gets 28 mpg. also 10/09/22 11.90 @115 mph
"If I'm ever on Life Support,UNPLUG Me, Then Plug me back In see if that Works"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
NJ John
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2023 7:02 am    Post subject: Re: Mrs. Kravitz Reply with quote

It depends Mike, are you standing at the window right now?
https://www.youtube.com/@AirSpooledGarage
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
madmike
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2023 7:03 am    Post subject: Re: Mrs. Kravitz Reply with quote

Laughing No,, They left for work,,,Laughing
76 Drag/Street bug 2180cc 'Turbo' 11:85 @113 mph"If I go any faster I'll burn up the Hamster" ,gets 28 mpg. also 10/09/22 11.90 @115 mph
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
oprn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2023 7:07 am    Post subject: Re: Mrs. Kravitz Reply with quote

That's actually normal and commendable... as long as it's not putting you in the nuthouse that is... You can always zip over there with your tractor/snow blower and clear out thier driveway. A bowl of hot chicken soup would be appreciated too. My neighbor has done this for us a few times. Pretty nice! Oh and exchanging phone numbers is a good thing. It's what we do out in the country!

Two hours? One way or total for the day? I hope they have enough sense to drive something fuel efficient!
Bonesberg55
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2023 7:13 am    Post subject: Re: Mrs. Kravitz Reply with quote

The first Gladys Kravitz was the best. She passed during the second season and was awarded an Emmy posthumously. Alice Pearce was only 48.
doug bugg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2023 7:15 am    Post subject: Re: Mrs. Kravitz Reply with quote

Bonesberg55 wrote:
The first Gladys Kravitz was the best. She passed during the second season and was awarded an Emmy posthumously. Alice Pearce was only 48.

She was like Don Knotts in drag! Same type of nervous character. She was the best.
madmike
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2023 7:16 am    Post subject: Re: Mrs. Kravitz Reply with quote

They Drive 2 hrs one way, Dodge truck, Shocked , they have a Lil Subi ,needs a part that's on backorder Rolling Eyes I've made them my Famous Cini Rolls, , I did plow out there Mail Box, After that Last Blizzard we had, We told them They are 'Very Entertaining' Laughing
Xevin Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2023 8:30 am    Post subject: Re: Mrs. Kravitz Reply with quote

I want madmike for a neighbor Thumbs Up

Clatter wrote:
Damn that Xevin... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

skills@eurocarsplus wrote:
I respect Xevin and he's a turd Razz

SGKent wrote:
My God! Xevin and I 100% agree Shocked
steve244
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2023 9:04 am    Post subject: Re: Mrs. Kravitz Reply with quote

Does he do driveways?
The Vanagon's drivetrain and chassis restomod thread. Best sung to the tune of I Did It My Way...
madmike
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2023 10:16 am    Post subject: Re: Mrs. Kravitz Reply with quote

Sometimes, but not lately Laughing
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

NJ John
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2023 10:29 am    Post subject: Re: Mrs. Kravitz Reply with quote

My neighbor took me to court with a peace order. Then lied his ass off. Lucky me.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
madmike
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2023 10:37 am    Post subject: Re: Mrs. Kravitz Reply with quote

See all them 'Woods" in the Background,,,we don't do Court, we do the Three S's
Bonesberg55
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2023 11:19 am    Post subject: Re: Mrs. Kravitz Reply with quote

Its hilarious that Gladys saw a lot of the antics going on across the street but Abner never saw any of it! The entire series went that way. The original Gladys and Uncle Arthur were my favorites.
widefivebug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2023 12:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Mrs. Kravitz Reply with quote

I have to laugh at that because my wife calls me the same thing.
NJ John
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2023 12:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Mrs. Kravitz Reply with quote

My Wife is actually named Gladys.
Cusser
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2023 4:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Mrs. Kravitz Reply with quote

Mrs. Cusser and I have called it "Kravitzing" for years when we look out the window.....
1970 VW (owned since 1972) and 1971 VW Convertible (owned since 1976), second owner of each. The '71 now has the 1835 engine, swapped from the '70. Second owner of each. 1988 Mazda B2200 truck, 1998 Frontier, 2014 Yukon, 2004 Frontier King Cab. All manual transmission except for the Yukon. http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335294 http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335297
Zundfolge1432 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2023 4:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Mrs. Kravitz Reply with quote

We’ve got a Mrs Kravitz here in the form of my 75 year old neighbor. He watches the house and gathers mail while we are away.
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2023 4:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Mrs. Kravitz Reply with quote

My neighbor Lenny can rock and roll…
NJ John
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2023 6:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Mrs. Kravitz Reply with quote

Abscate wrote:
My neighbor Lenny can rock and roll…

Got it, Kravitz.
oprn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2023 6:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Mrs. Kravitz Reply with quote

madmike wrote:
See all them 'Woods" in the Background,,,we don't do Court, we do the Three S's

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Or as a friend of mine told the 3 teenage boys that were harassing his daughter in school, "See them hills up there?.... I grew up in them... there are places up there I know that even coyotes couldn't find a body... !"
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: