Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Fuchs wheels
Forum Index -> Porsche - 911/912/914 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
vanity12
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2022 9:03 am    Post subject: Fuchs wheels Reply with quote

What was the first year for these? Also a friend of mines claims that fuchs make fake porsche rims and that real porsche rims are called porsche alloys....could someone please be kind enough to clear this up for me.
Davz912/911
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2022 10:52 am    Post subject: Re: Fuchs wheels Reply with quote

First year for Fuchs was 1967... on the 911s. 4.5X15. As for the fake Porsche rims... no idea.

Dave
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vanity12
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2022 11:30 am    Post subject: Re: Fuchs wheels Reply with quote

Thanks Dave....I don't want any part of fakes and I always thought fuchs were real so when he said that I was put on edge....he's a knowledgeable guy, but he's also got an ego that goes as long as train smoke so I want to load up with ammo before I smack him with it lol
icemanhd
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2022 8:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Fuchs wheels Reply with quote

Easy to spot fakes, on the backside they usually say "max weight 1148 lbs" or something like that... Genuine Fuchs have a part number starting with 901, 911, or 951....
76 912E
87 911 Carrera
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Wolfgangdieter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2022 8:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Fuchs wheels Reply with quote

FUCHS site says Porsche ordered 5000 wheels on 21 Dec 1965 for the then new 911S soon to be released. I had a 1966 911S that came with the 4.5x15 inch forged alloy wheels.

FUCHS makes wheel for many other cars from Opel to RollsRoyce.

https://www.fuchsfelge.com/en/the-fuchsfelge/history.html
oprn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2022 4:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Fuchs wheels Reply with quote

Moved to a different thread.
TornadoRed06
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2022 2:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Fuchs wheels Reply with quote

vanity12 wrote:
What was the first year for these? Also a friend of mines claims that fuchs make fake porsche rims and that real porsche rims are called porsche alloys....could someone please be kind enough to clear this up for me.

Rolling Eyes

1st question: What was the first year for these?
Answer: already given above, by MY 1967 for 911S... but mind you, they weren't looking like the "more known"" Fuchs wheels for Porsche that many of us picture in our mind when this subject is mentioned: the wheel was fully one-colour, no distinction between petals and inner-portion, those combinations came later on and for many others than just the 911S

2nd question: ''bla, bla, bla fake porsche, bla, bla real porsche, bla bla..."
answer: sorry, don't have a clue what you want to convey/ask & what friend knowledge's level is. straight to the point: Fuchs Felge is a German company, that not only supplies wheels to Manufacturers worldwide, they even have a sister company Schueco that manufactures windows/doors/façades. Further to that, Fuchs Felge has its own brand range of wheels too and offers wheel refurbishment services, prior on dedicated factory in Leonberg (no longer there).

Fuchs Felge website already has been mentioned above, here is the one for Schueco:
https://www.schueco.com/com/

... last but not least, Porsche AG does not manufacture any wheels, never has done it, they are like Ford and all the others: they ask for wheel suppliers to bid for contracts, sometimes even the wheel design is "dictated" by the supplier.

... but Modern Porsche wheels are easy to spot: they display the ET number by the valve stem (outside face)
Bruce
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2022 12:20 am    Post subject: Re: Fuchs wheels Reply with quote

Here's the paint scheme of the 4½" Fuchs wheel:

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Alan Brase
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2022 11:50 am    Post subject: Re: Fuchs wheels Reply with quote

Fuchs Felge might be a separate wheel company.
Does anyone know if it is apart of the company by the same name that makes construction equipment? Excavators and the like. good stuff, maybe not quite as well received as Liebherr or Catapillar, tho.
To New owners: 1969 doublecab, 1971 Dormobile
Vanagons:
80 P27 Westy JUL 1979, 3rd oldest known US
83 1.6TD Vanagon, 87 Wolfie Westy daily driver, swap meet home
Nitramrebrab72
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2022 1:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Fuchs wheels Reply with quote

The porsche 914 4 lug fuchs have the porsche part no.914.011.01 in one indent on the inner side they then have the otto fuchs logo in another indent and their part no.0.280091Q if otto fuchs made after market wheels then I guess those wheels will have just their part no. and logo.
Nitramrebrab72
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2022 1:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Fuchs wheels Reply with quote

Alan Brase wrote:
Does anyone know if it is apart of the company by the same name that makes construction equipment? Excavators and the like. good stuff, maybe not quite as well received as Liebherr or Catapillar, tho.

Otto Fuchs is the name of the wheel company, Felge is the name of the 5 Black spoke forged aluminium wheel first fitted to the early 911S.
Alan Brase
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2022 5:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Fuchs wheels Reply with quote

Nitramrebrab72 wrote:
Alan Brase wrote:

Otto Fuchs is the name of the wheel company, Felge is the name of the 5 Black spoke forged aluminium wheel first fitted to the early 911S.

sorry, I guess I thought everyone knew Felge is German for " rim". These are Fuchs alu felgen- Fuchs aluminum rims.
Vanagons:
Nitramrebrab72
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2022 3:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Fuchs wheels Reply with quote

Alan Brase wrote:
Nitramrebrab72 wrote:
Alan Brase wrote:

sorry, I guess I thought everyone knew Felge is German for " rim". These are Fuchs alu felgen- Fuchs aluminum rims.

Thanks for your german lesson, and yes felge with a small 'f' in the middle of a sentence is for felge the rim (noun) ,but I spelt Felge with a capital 'F' in the middle of a sentence, indicating it is it's name ,which it is. Felge is the name of that particular Fuchs wheel, rim(felge), alloy etc, as Baroque is the name of one of Mercedes Fuchs wheel,rim(felge) , alloy etc . I hope my english lesson helped clear things up for you Laughing
Otto Fuchs do make great rims(felgen) though. Laughing
Alan Brase
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2022 8:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Fuchs wheels Reply with quote

Very likely your knowledge of Deutsch is more deep than mine.
And thank you.
Back to my original question: is it that same parent company that builds the heavy construction equipment?
Vanagons:
slammed shady
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2023 4:15 am    Post subject: Re: Fuchs wheels Reply with quote

Nitramrebrab72 wrote:
Alan Brase wrote:
Nitramrebrab72 wrote:
Alan Brase wrote:

Thanks for your german lesson, and yes felge with a small 'f' in the middle of a sentence is for felge the rim (noun) ,but I spelt Felge with a capital 'F' in the middle of a sentence, indicating it is it's name ,which it is. Felge is the name of that particular Fuchs wheel, rim(felge), alloy etc, as Baroque is the name of one of Mercedes Fuchs wheel,rim(felge) , alloy etc . I hope my english lesson helped clear things up for you Laughing

Sorry, don't like playing smart-ass, but as a German I can at least tell you that there is no German word 'felge' with small 'f'! If it's written with small 'f' then maybe because web addresses don't like capital letters or something?

Nouns in German are always written with capital letters like 'F'. 'Felge' just means 'rim' as mentioned before. They write Fuchs-Felge or Fuchsfelge as one word, as 'Fuchs' means 'fox' in German and German manufacturers don't like trouble with animal activists... Laughing

They might have trademarked 'Fuchsfelge' with small 'f', but there are many different looking 'Felgen' made by 'Fuchs-Felge' / 'Fuchsfelge'. Just check their site, they're all called 'Fuchsfelge' or 'Felge' or 'Schmiederad' which means 'forged rim':
https://www.fuchsfelge.com/en/wheel-program/modell/porsche-911-1.html

No particular different spelling for the classic design in German either:
https://www.fuchsfelge.com/de/raederuebersicht/detail/porsche-911-exklusiv-schmiederad-170.html
slammed shady
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2023 6:19 am    Post subject: Re: Fuchs wheels Reply with quote

Alan Brase wrote:
Very likely your knowledge of Deutsch is more deep than mine.
And thank you.
Back to my original question: is it that same parent company that builds the heavy construction equipment?

Not sure if this is what you meant, but they do provide more than rims:
https://www.otto-fuchs.com/en/divisions.html
Nitramrebrab72
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2023 8:48 am    Post subject: Re: Fuchs wheels Reply with quote

slammed shady wrote:
Nitramrebrab72 wrote:
Alan Brase wrote:
Nitramrebrab72 wrote:
Alan Brase wrote:

Sorry, don't like playing smart-ass, but as a German I can at least tell you that there is no German word 'felge' with small 'f'! If it's written with small 'f' then maybe because web addresses don't like capital letters or something?

Nouns in German are always written with capital letters like 'F'. 'Felge' just means 'rim' as mentioned before. They write Fuchs-Felge or Fuchsfelge as one word, as 'Fuchs' means 'fox' in German and German manufacturers don't like trouble with animal activists... Laughing

They might have trademarked 'Fuchsfelge' with small 'f', but there are many different looking 'Felgen' made by 'Fuchs-Felge' / 'Fuchsfelge'. Just check their site, they're all called 'Fuchsfelge' or 'Felge' or 'Schmiederad' which means 'forged rim':
https://www.fuchsfelge.com/en/wheel-program/modell/porsche-911-1.html

No particular different spelling for the classic design in German either:
https://www.fuchsfelge.com/de/raederuebersicht/detail/porsche-911-exklusiv-schmiederad-170.html

Don't be, you were not being a 'smart-ass' as I was writing in English about german words, so as it stands is correct, unless you meant a smart-donkey then maybe you were being a smart-donkey.
Ps. Unless you are an actor that wears donkey costumes being is the word . Laughing
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Porsche - 911/912/914 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: