Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

New Pop Top for Eurovan?
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Forum Index -> Eurovan Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
jonathannickel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 7:37 am    Post subject: Re: New Pop Top for Eurovan? Reply with quote

orbeamike wrote:
Yeah! I didn't get to go on as many trips as I liked this year, but every trip I took I am glad to have this new top instead of the problem prone Winnie top. Jonathan: I never quite figure out the extra mounting holes behind the gas strut on your top, what are those for? roof rails?
Have you figured out your lighting yet?

Yes, I have Yakima roof rails installed. My intention is to put a lightweight canoe on the roof.
For lighting I'm using a rechargeable mini LED camping lantern:

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

[/url]https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B01AW7Q1EO/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1[url][/url]
GlobeRiders
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:29 pm    Post subject: Re: New Pop Top for Eurovan? Reply with quote

Jonathan, would it be possible to post a picture of your Yakima track on the Reimo roof. Curious where you mounted this on the roof?
Do you know the length of the bolts that went through the roof, how thick is the roof?

Any thoughts of putting in a roof fan like MaxFan?

Thanks for sharing and it has inspired me to get the Reimo roof on my 1999 to be installed next week.

Thanks.
Helge Pedersen
jonathannickel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2021 9:10 am    Post subject: Re: New Pop Top for Eurovan? Reply with quote

Cole Ford mounted the track for me so I don't know the details. You might try asking him if he remembers.
I would have done a MaxFan but they were backordered.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
prquig
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2021 9:13 am    Post subject: Re: New Pop Top for Eurovan? Reply with quote

I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with aftermarket pop top manufacturers other than Reimo? There are a couple in the UK: Austops.co.uk and poptoproofs.co.uk that advertise multiple different options for the long wheel base T4. Poptoproofs offers a model 30447 that goes vertical, similar to the Colorado Camper vans mod but without the motors (and, hopefully, without the ~$13K price).

Unfortunately, neither of these advertise a US distributor.

My 2001 EVC has a couple of lateral cracks that extend the full width of the pop top. I've effected temporary repairs using chemical welding. The top is very buckled, presumably due to extensive desert and high-altitude sun exposure. The buckling makes it very hard to patch given the multiple stress planes. Therefore I'm interested in reasonably priced replacements.

Thanks
TheOneTrueQuux
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2021 11:27 am    Post subject: Re: New Pop Top for Eurovan? Reply with quote

prquig wrote:
I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with aftermarket pop top manufacturers other than Reimo? There are a couple in the UK: Austops.co.uk and poptoproofs.co.uk that advertise multiple different options for the long wheel base T4. Poptoproofs offers a model 30447 that goes vertical, similar to the Colorado Camper vans mod but without the motors (and, hopefully, without the ~$13K price).

Unfortunately, neither of these advertise a US distributor.

My 2001 EVC has a couple of lateral cracks that extend the full width of the pop top. I've effected temporary repairs using chemical welding. The top is very buckled, presumably due to extensive desert and high-altitude sun exposure. The buckling makes it very hard to patch given the multiple stress planes. Therefore I'm interested in reasonably priced replacements.

Thanks

If you want to get the price down, perhaps you could organize a group buy? I would imagine having 4 or more tops shipped to one location will be considerably cheaper than onesies.
WhyDidIBuyThisVan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2023 7:03 pm    Post subject: Re: New Pop Top for Eurovan? Reply with quote

@GlobeRiders ... wondering if you still have that older top laying around..?
beebalm
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2023 9:04 am    Post subject: Re: New Pop Top for Eurovan? Reply with quote

I am new to The Samba and am looking for information on poptop conversion for a 95 Eurovan (Winnebago). I am aware of Colorado Camper Van's vertical pop top and am hoping that there are other outfitters that do the same thing (and hopefully cheaper!). Thanks for any info anyone can provide.
vhalo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2023 9:17 am    Post subject: Re: New Pop Top for Eurovan? Reply with quote

I've only been researching/looking for a little bit, so don't have any first hand experience. The only other top option I'm aware of for long wheelbase is the Reimo: https://www.reimo.com/en/camper-van-conversion-sho...-up-white. Looks like you're in BC, so Dr. Björn’s Auto is likely an option: https://vanagonwestfaliaparts.com/products/reimo-easy-fit-pop-top-for-t4-eurovan

Poptop World in Kirkland does repairs: https://www.instagram.com/p/Cv3Bj2VyoaY/
VanGeek
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2023 11:55 am    Post subject: Re: New Pop Top for Eurovan? Reply with quote

Cavevan has them as well: https://cavevan.myshopify.com/collections/eurovan/...ent-fabric
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Eurovan All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: