Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

57 oval shift bushing
Forum Index -> Beetle - Oval-Window - 1953-57 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ovalz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2023 8:36 pm    Post subject: 57 oval shift bushing Reply with quote

having trouble shifting but it might be another issue wanted to know if my 57 rag has a shifter bushing my mechanic says no I thought they all did the plastic one then with the little metal ring that goes over it right underneath the shifter to the back a little bit. thanks
ovaljoe
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Ovally
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2023 6:05 am    Post subject: Re: 57 oval shift bushing Reply with quote

Do you mean the shift rod bushing in the tunnel?
Your 57 didn't have one from the factory, just a spring lever to keep the shift rod under tension.
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/gallery/pix/413634.jpg

The plastic bushing with the metal ring started in 1960.

Regards.
Mazda 929 Hardtop 1977
Mercedes SLC 180 Roadster 2018
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Oval-Window - 1953-57 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: