Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Passenger side window not rolling down
Forum Index -> Eurovan Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
dborell
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2022 2:04 pm    Post subject: Passenger side window not rolling down Reply with quote

My 03 Eurovan passenger side window won't roll down. Doesn't work from the drivers or passenger door switch...must be the regulator motor?
02Berry
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2022 12:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Passenger side window not rolling down Reply with quote

Can be any of a number of causes. Here's a conversation about it from earlier:
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=615403
dborell
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2022 8:17 am    Post subject: Re: Passenger side window not rolling down Reply with quote

02Berry wrote:
Can be any of a number of causes. Here's a conversation about it from earlier:
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=615403

For a couple months the window would roll only half way down...then suddenly it operated normally again ....now it doesn't roll down at all. I do hear a slight noise/click in the door when the switch is pushed.

Thanks for the conversation link...I'll check it out.
dborell
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2023 12:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Passenger side window not rolling down Reply with quote

Now it's the window is working normally again! No need to fix...it fixed itself!
gesoffen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2023 4:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Passenger side window not rolling down Reply with quote

Good chance the wiring harness in your door(s) is failing. The flexing of the wiring harness when the door is opened/closed combined with the brittle insulation (due to age) frequently results in failures of electrical components and other odd behaviors.

You can repair the harness or replace. If you elect to repair, I strongly suggest you patch in replacement wires to match the existing color codes and move the joints away from the area where the harness flexes. Unless your frequently use your passenger front door, I'd suspect the drivers door and start your investigation there.
50Splitman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2023 7:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Passenger side window not rolling down Reply with quote

I have this same issue every few months in my 02 Weekender. All the wiring looks good, and there are no obstructions or binding in the channel or the window regulator. What works to fix it every time is taking the door panel off, unplugging and then plugging back in the window motor. Have no idea why this fixes it. The connector looks clean, not cracked, no corrosion. It's like it "resets" the motor and everything is fine again.
TheOneTrueQuux
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2023 8:12 am    Post subject: Re: Passenger side window not rolling down Reply with quote

50Splitman wrote:
I have this same issue every few months in my 02 Weekender. All the wiring looks good, and there are no obstructions or binding in the channel or the window regulator. What works to fix it every time is taking the door panel off, unplugging and then plugging back in the window motor. Have no idea why this fixes it. The connector looks clean, not cracked, no corrosion. It's like it "resets" the motor and everything is fine again.

Next time, just try tapping the motor gently. Most likely it's the vibration and torquing of the unplug and re-plug process that's fixing it and the actual problem is worn out or sticky brushes in the motor.

You might be able to just beat on the inside door panel by the motor with your hand and get it going.

If that "fixes" it, then a new motor is the permanent fix.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Eurovan All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: