Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Fuel hose length
Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
slugbug60
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2022 12:17 pm    Post subject: Fuel hose length Reply with quote

I’m replacing all the fuel hose in my 1960 beetle with dual carbs. Does anyone have a good ballpark length that I would need to do all the rubber/braided line for the whole car? I’m ordering hose from Belmetric, and it is sold by the foot.

Thanks
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Classifieds Feedback
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2022 12:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Fuel hose length Reply with quote

I see you have a 2110 so I assume dual carbs. Post a picture so we can see what your have.

I'd go for 6' which should be plenty.

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
KTPhil Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2022 1:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Fuel hose length Reply with quote

Are you running a rubber line from the nipple at the side of the tranny all the way to a carb/tee, or do you have a metal section there?
Buy extra to carry with you on the road just in case.
slugbug60
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2022 3:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Fuel hose length Reply with quote

Yeah, it’s dual Dellorto DRLA 40s. Also, yes it’s rubber all the way from the frame near the trans back. I’ll try to get a pic in a bit. It has been sitting for 10 years, and I’m starting to get it back on the road. I’m assuming 10ft should be plenty and I’ll have some leftover for future needs.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Classifieds Feedback
slugbug60
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2022 3:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Fuel hose length Reply with quote

Hey Glenn, Im ordering from Belmetric per some info I read from you in another post from a few years back discussing fuel lines. Is 5mm inside diameter hose enough for 2L+ motor? I’m may go a little bigger with displacement and IDAs down the road. I know the line through the tunnel is about that size. Just want to make sure I won’t have issues later on.

Last edited by slugbug60 on Thu Nov 10, 2022 3:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
KTPhil Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2022 3:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Fuel hose length Reply with quote

10' should be plenty no matter what.

Is it a Gates Barricade or similar multi-layer, multi-fuel compatible type?
slugbug60
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2022 3:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Fuel hose length Reply with quote

It’s Flennor Braided Multi-Fuel.
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2022 4:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Fuel hose length Reply with quote

slugbug60 wrote:
Hey Glenn, Im ordering from Belmetric per some info I read from you in another post from a few years back discussing fuel lines. Is 5mm inside diameter hose enough for 2L+ motor? I’m may go a little bigger with displacement and IDAs down the road. I know the line through the tunnel is about that size. Just want to make sure I won’t have issues later on.

6mm
https://belmetric.com/m6x11-braided-flennor-multifuel-hose-rhm6braid/

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
funkeefresh69
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2023 12:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Fuel hose length Reply with quote

Glenn wrote:
slugbug60 wrote:

6mm
https://belmetric.com/m6x11-braided-flennor-multifuel-hose-rhm6braid/

Glenn, I have kind of the same question. However, my application is not a 2L engine, just all stock. In this case is the Flennor Germany Hose (6mm x 11) still ok or should I do the 5mm hose as that is more "stock". Reason I ask is the original german braided stuff is really tight to get on, so is the 6mm for an easier fit?
HarrysRatBug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2023 12:05 am    Post subject: Re: Fuel hose length Reply with quote

I believe stock size was 5.5 mm so that's why 5 is tight. I use the 6 mm and also Belmetric's fuel injection hose clamps so they don't cut into the hose like the regular ones do!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: