Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

correct colour for accessories on 7-1958 convertible
Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
kaieric Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2023 1:40 am    Post subject: correct colour for accessories on 7-1958 convertible Reply with quote

would need your appreciated opinion regarding the colour of the accessories in my 7-1958 cab.
in the dark of the past they did revise the body paint including seat frames etc. in identic colour. nos colour had been alabaster for the body and supposedly l471 stone beige for the acessories but they chose a lighter hue for the repaint.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

while i will stay with the body colour i was searching for the nos colour of the seat frames, column tube, steering while and e-break lever, and made some disturbing discoveries. when i sanded back the surfaces i found different colours on them.
seat frames and wheel were coated in a grey shade much resembling what is considered l471 stone beige in its darker shade

on steering column,indicator housing and e-brake handle i've revealed a different colour being a rather apricot beige

it's similar to another hue of l471 listed with glasurit as l471 light stone beige Rolling Eyes

i confered to ral colour chart and found it pretty similar to the ivory hues on it.

as there's no inferior layer underneath i must assume that it's either the original paint,or some po has removed all coating to bare metal before respraying. What do you think about?

for the seats and steering wheel I'm wondering if they were swapped into the past or different colours were applied on them and the rest of accessories.
generally i would be interested in knowing who ever stated that accessories in '58+'59 models were executed in l471 stone beige. i never saw any evidence for that.
who can help me out?
your conclusions?
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: