Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Boot problem on V6 Eurovan
Forum Index -> Eurovan Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
onefred
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2023 6:53 am    Post subject: Boot problem on V6 Eurovan Reply with quote

Hi guys,
on my Eurovan V6 (AMV engine) and therefore automatic gearbox, the starter no longer starts.
The same thing happens as if I try to start with the lever that is not in position D or P.
I did a lot of tests, closing and opening the doors, tested the neiman switch (which is ok), and I deduce that it is the lever position safety system that cuts the starter motor.
If I connect the starter control directly with the ignition ON, the engine starts.
I drove forwards and backwards for 20 m, no malfunction alarms on the dashboard, everything is normal.
Is this a recurring problem?
Coincidence or cause, the problem occurred just after removing the controls and cleaning the front and rear windscreen washer contacts, which no longer worked.
Thanks for the help.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Classifieds Feedback
YOGIVW
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2023 1:14 am    Post subject: Re: Boot problem on V6 Eurovan Reply with quote

Chceck if the cable which connect gear sellector with ignition switch housing is still connected.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Westfalia James Cook 2.9TD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
onefred
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2023 4:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Boot problem on V6 Eurovan Reply with quote

Hello,
thank you for your message.
The cable is still connected, I'm sure.

On the other hand, when I disassembled the stalks, maybe I messed up the system?

This cable system, what is its exact function?

Thanks.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Classifieds Feedback
onefred
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2023 9:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Boot problem on V6 Eurovan Reply with quote

Hello,
I just looked on my bus, you are right, there is a problem with the cable which is on the ignition switch.

I am missing the connecting piece between the small ball joint and the cable.

I can't find anything on the internet, only the number which is 701927421.

While waiting to find this part, how can I use the bus normally, without always having to open the bonnet to start the starter directly?

Thanks.
onefred
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2023 1:06 am    Post subject: Re: Boot problem on V6 Eurovan Reply with quote

To ride anyway, it is recommended to put the cable in this position, I presume.

Anyone have this part?

Thanks.

YOGIVW
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2023 6:04 am    Post subject: Re: Boot problem on V6 Eurovan Reply with quote

you lost black cap which in on the end of this cable. I have it and I can post it
Westfalia James Cook 2.9TD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
onefred
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2023 3:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Boot problem on V6 Eurovan Reply with quote

Hello,
I'm interested, how much does it cost?

Thanks.
onefred
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2023 5:48 am    Post subject: Re: Boot problem on V6 Eurovan Reply with quote

Hello everyone,
well, I'm a little discouraged, I changed the plastic part, and the starter still does not start.

Any troubleshooting tips?

Thanks.
onefred
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2023 5:50 am    Post subject: Re: Boot problem on V6 Eurovan Reply with quote

After all the hours spent on that bus...

For those who are interested, you can go to this link to see all the photos of the work.

https://www.type17.net/type17_infos/selection_T4_2_070_223.html
onefred
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2023 4:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Boot problem on V6 Eurovan Reply with quote

Nobody can help me ?
onefred
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2023 7:19 am    Post subject: Re: Boot problem on V6 Eurovan Reply with quote

Nobody ?
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Eurovan All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: