Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

So what are you a member of
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Forum Index -> General/Chat Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Abscate Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2023 5:10 am    Post subject: Re: So what are you a member of Reply with quote

The only things I don’t like about Samba are Xevin, there is no like button for the above, and the fact that , despite I know it’s against the rules…….
bigdog1962
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2023 5:44 am    Post subject: Re: So what are you a member of Reply with quote

Bartram Trail Men's Golf Association and CSRA Classic VW and Air Cooled.
Oprn wrote: I'm getting to the age that any self propelled woman (no wheel chair or walker) looks HOT!! Oooo! look at that Babe! She made it from the dining room all the way to the TV room without help!! Hubba, hubba!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
KTPhil Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2023 10:24 am    Post subject: Re: So what are you a member of Reply with quote

I've been called a "member" ("d***"); does that count?
harrymarlin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2023 1:37 pm    Post subject: Re: So what are you a member of Reply with quote

oprn wrote:

And that attitude my friend will get you nothing but disappointment for both you and the existing members! Clubs exist for sharing, helping and encouraging others of similar interests. The "What's in it for me?" guys as a general rule only drag a club down, ask me how I know after being president of a local club for 8+ years and a member for over 20.

If you are not interested in sharing and helping others then no club out there needs you. Go into a club instead with a "How can I help out with this club and it's causes" and you will be welcomed with open arms and reap more benefits from your time and efforts than you ever thought possible!

As a note, the "sharing, helping, and encouraging" can be considered "what I get" out of a club. It's always a two way street - no one goes into an organization just to give - there's always the thought of what you get out of it, even if it's just the happiness of bringing others into the hobby or sharing your knowledge.

That being said, I get your point. Just going for attendance will always be a failure for a group, and cause the death of it. Participation (in some manner) will always be needed to keep a club alive. Imagine if people only read TheSamba, but never posted - it would not last long.
ISO Albuquerque "Imported Motors" dealership paraphernalia
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
jeffrey8164 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2023 7:45 pm    Post subject: Re: So what are you a member of Reply with quote

Can't find one around here to join with.
Any website is usually non-existent, for sale or has been under construction forever and e-mails go unanswered.
I'm a member of a couple Facebook Groups if that counts. I wouldn't give any of them high marks for camaraderie.

“Let he that is without oil throw the first rod”
(Compression 8.7:1)
Jimbug57
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2023 4:37 am    Post subject: Re: So what are you a member of Reply with quote

I have the Star
I drive the car
Thanks to The Samba
I'll go far

I've had support
I've made new friends
I hope The Samba never ends

So all you members
Old and new
Get a Star
It's what we do

You love The Samba
Love your car
Please help out
Buy a Star
Zundfolge1432 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2023 7:22 am    Post subject: Re: So what are you a member of Reply with quote

^^^^^ very cute 😀
dennismcd707
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2023 9:08 am    Post subject: Re: So what are you a member of Reply with quote

After reading everybody's posts, I had to question the reason why I joined a club. I'm an active member of the Michigan Vintage VW Club, and by active, I mean I've participated in the last few events that the club put together.

But why did I join? Did I just want to see what I could "get" from the group? I think I joined because I want to be part of a community. For example, I just loved driving around this fall with 31 other VW's during our fall color road trip.

It's like taking a cake down to the bakery........... to see the other cakes. But seriously, I'm a joiner, and even with the Samba, I don't think I just take take take. I might "take" a little sometimes, but hopefully I give back sometimes too. I felt a little guilty, so I became a premium member 5 minutes ago. Cheers!
1971 Super Beetle, 1776, dual Weber's, roller crank, big valve modified racing heads, close ratio trans, lowered suspension, 4 wheel disc brakes, car has over 368,000 actual miles. (RIP 1970 Beetle/Baja, 1986 GTI, 1999 Jetta, 2002 Jetta)
my59
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2023 2:54 pm    Post subject: Re: So what are you a member of Reply with quote

CVA, Connecticut Volkswagen Association.
Emily's Owner
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2023 12:24 am    Post subject: Re: So what are you a member of Reply with quote

I'll play -

WetWestiies
NW Dubs
Sisters on the Fly (some of us have buses and Vanagons)

ITMC - OG Den Mother

What (and I cannot stress this enough) The Actual Fuck?!

1974 Transporter
2023 Subaru Outback
pyrOman
Fire Master

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2023 2:31 pm    Post subject: Re: So what are you a member of Reply with quote

I'm the twenty-ONLY-one member of the Garaj Mahal association crew! Razz
Abscate Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2023 1:55 am    Post subject: Re: So what are you a member of Reply with quote

Emily's Owner wrote:
I'll play -

WetWestiies
NW Dubs
Sisters on the Fly (some of us have buses and Vanagons)

Just the Samba and a Mister Sister
calvinater
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2023 2:19 am    Post subject: Re: So what are you a member of Reply with quote

The Heman Women Haters Club
Kafer_Mike
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2023 9:33 am    Post subject: Re: So what are you a member of Reply with quote

Jimbug57 wrote:
I have the Star
I drive the car
Thanks to The Samba
I'll go far

I've had support
I've made new friends
I hope The Samba never ends

So all you members
Old and new
Get a Star
It's what we do

You love The Samba
Love your car
Please help out
Buy a Star

Reminds me of a story I once read --
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Hobug Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2023 10:34 am    Post subject: Re: So what are you a member of Reply with quote

I'm a member of the Volkswagen Club of Athens (GA), more commonly referred to as The Athens VW Club. We meet the third Sunday of each month for food and fun. We also:

- have tech days/weekends

- travel to shows together

- camp

We have a Facebook page and a fairly defunct web-site.
72 Super
63 Bug
dennismcd707
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2023 1:25 am    Post subject: Re: So what are you a member of Reply with quote

There's a group on Facebook for people with Super Beetles called: SUPER BEETLES ONLY. I just joined for two reasons. I have a Super Beetle and I'm a joiner. Laughing
1971 Super Beetle, 1776, dual Weber's, roller crank, big valve modified racing heads, close ratio trans, lowered suspension, 4 wheel disc brakes, car has over 368,000 actual miles. (RIP 1970 Beetle/Baja, 1986 GTI, 1999 Jetta, 2002 Jetta)
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> General/Chat All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: