Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

New-ish Ghia owner testimony
Forum Index -> Ghia Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Heljestrand
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2023 7:32 pm    Post subject: New-ish Ghia owner testimony Reply with quote

Purchased on November 30, 2022 and already has been towed twice to a local repair shop most recently for a snapped clutch cable. Despite this I am here to say that this air cooled machine has brought me a huge amount of joy and is being driven quite a bit! The ease and comfort of my daily driver Cadillac ATS doesn’t bring a quarter of the charm, fun, and driver engagement that the Ghia does.

I know I’m preaching to the choir here but a classic VW has to be one of the biggest bangs for the buck in joyful driver experience. Sure, muscle car guys have sneered at it at local Cars & Coffee meets but I bet I’ve gotten 500 plus thumbs up, “I love your car” compliments or my neighbor, Uncle, brother, Mother, Science teacher in high school had one quips and reminisces.

The car already had an aftermarket JVC AM FM Cassette from the 1980’s in it that had given up the ghost years ago so I had a modern system with Bluetooth AM FM and CD installed along with speakers that allows me to stream favorite songs….. but to be honest the sound of the air cooled motor is delightful music in itself.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
Buggeee
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2023 6:41 am    Post subject: Re: New-ish Ghia owner testimony Reply with quote

Amen Brother
SnowDaySyncro wrote:
Every setback is an opportunity to learn stuff and to buy new tools.
Braukuche
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2023 8:45 am    Post subject: Re: New-ish Ghia owner testimony Reply with quote

Preach!

Retirement is here!
1956 Ghia
1959 SO-23 Westfalia
1960 double cab
1960 Baja Bug
1963 stretched double cab
1962 Golde sunroof Ghia
1963 356 B coupe
1963 Notchback
1967 21 window less rusty now
calexican
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2023 10:42 am    Post subject: Re: New-ish Ghia owner testimony Reply with quote

Oh yeah! It’s my daily dose of joy. You’ll be fixing your own clutch cables and doing valve adjustments in no time. Tinkering and tuning is another part of the whole experience that can be a zen learning part of life.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Mnmunky
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2023 8:09 pm    Post subject: Re: New-ish Ghia owner testimony Reply with quote

I find just walking into the garage and looking at mine, is enough to raise my spirits - even on the worst of my work days. Very Happy
kiwighia68
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2023 8:27 pm    Post subject: Re: New-ish Ghia owner testimony Reply with quote

Mnmunky wrote:
I find just walking into the garage and looking at mine, is enough to raise my spirits - even on the worst of my work days. :D

Indeed. Working on my Ghia today. Just little things. Zen sort of peace and reflection, as John (Calexican) suggests. My happy place (in a troubled world).
Heljestrand
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2023 3:26 am    Post subject: Re: New-ish Ghia owner testimony Reply with quote

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Too cold Saturday morning for an anticipated Cars & Coffee event but I did drive it once it got above 50 degrees.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Ghia All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: