Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

‘02 Eurovan Door Lock Super Problem
Forum Index -> Eurovan Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
bgrimes
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2023 10:05 am    Post subject: ‘02 Eurovan Door Lock Super Problem Reply with quote

Hi all, like others in the past I have run into the auto lock issue on our ‘02 Eurovan. This is the second time, but the problem has compounded. We had an issue where the door handle assembly broke internally (the J shaped hook piece), and some wires in the door jam broke, and door would quickly lock again after using the key fob to unlock. Easy enough to still get in and out and only mildly annoying. We replaced the handle assembly and we were back on track.

Now, the problem has happened again, but it’s worse. For a while it acted just as it did prior; the key fob would open the doors, and you get a second or so to grab the handle and make your way into the car before they locked again. Now for the worse part. For whatever reason, the driver door handle is no longer unlocking (this is new and I can not find reference to this problem on the site). The interior pull has loads of resistance when trying to open from the inside and sadly, we have misplaced the keys to the new driver door assembly. I’m not sure that would be much help however since the interior unlock pull mech cannot move upwards when giving it the mustard. It’s my understanding that I need to get into the driver door cavity to at least understand if the handle assembly has failed again. I’m hoping for help for you guys. We are up a creek without a paddle at this point and looking forward to entering the van normally again.
postjosh
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2023 4:13 pm    Post subject: Re: ‘02 Eurovan Door Lock Super Problem Reply with quote

i have what sounds like the same problem on my '93. i do have the key but the key refuses to turn in the driver side door. when i unlock the passenger door, i see and hear the driver side trying to unlock but it fails. the inside latch for the door moves freely but does nothing. the door lock refuses to be pulled up by hand. Evil or Very Mad
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Eurovan All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: