Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Klassic Fab 73-79 Front Floor Repair HELP!
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
SGKent Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2023 2:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Klassic Fab 73-79 Front Floor Repair HELP! Reply with quote

Gerson may have no intentions of making that part then stocking and shipping them one by one. Something tells me he was making them in Columbia so maybe something has changed there. At any rate, the proper question to ask is, how many would I need to have made and at what price? Then work out how it will be paid. Saying, "I'd like one if you make them again," is not the same as walking into a transaction with cash in hand. If it costs him $3K to set up the dies, then you have to make 30 to get that cost down to $100 a unit plus whatever it costs to make the 30. If it costs him $1000 to set up the dies then it is only 10 at $100 each plus cost to make. Once he tells you his price, then put together a group buy and escrow the money to be sure no one weasels out. If he has many other parts on his flow chart ahead of yours, it may be a while before they can be done and people have a tendency to lose interest so get the money up front - and be prepared for a personal loss in the transaction. That or start looking for a good donor and get your spot weld drills lined up.

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1439451

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1531692

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2572564

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1827075

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1942431

https://averysaircooled.com/

http://www.thebusco.com/
Vangabonders
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2023 6:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Klassic Fab 73-79 Front Floor Repair HELP! Reply with quote

Has anyone used this part to replace their front floor? Looks a lot better quality than most and comes in three parts

https://www.serial-kombi.com/en-GB/bay-window-body...79-n34380#

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

SGKent Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2023 6:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Klassic Fab 73-79 Front Floor Repair HELP! Reply with quote

I have not but last time I conversed with him, he did not stock a lot of things but rather had them drop shipped. He has an e-mail address in France and will respond to you. He may tell you where it comes from so you can check stock and see if they have any stashed in the USA.
Jetfxr69
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2023 6:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Klassic Fab 73-79 Front Floor Repair HELP! Reply with quote

pandamanda22 wrote:
Has anyone used this part to replace their front floor? Looks a lot better quality than most and comes in three parts

does it matter? says stock 0. sure would be easy to do in three pieces though.

‘77 westy Seamus
‘76 tintop Crusher
‘77 westy The Judge
‘72 tintop bastard westy Hudson
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
SGKent Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2023 7:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Klassic Fab 73-79 Front Floor Repair HELP! Reply with quote

Jetfxr69 wrote:
pandamanda22 wrote:

he does not stock items but has to order them. If someone wants to know about it they should e-mail him and ask where it comes from. Last time I checked the owner's name is Pascal. Pascal at serial-kombi.com
Vangabonders
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2023 9:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Klassic Fab 73-79 Front Floor Repair HELP! Reply with quote

Jetfxr69 wrote:
pandamanda22 wrote:

he does not stock items but has to order them. If someone wants to know about it they should e-mail him and ask where it comes from. Last time I checked the owner's name is Pascal. Pascal at serial-kombi.com

I salute you Mr. SGKent
sodbuster
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2023 7:30 am    Post subject: Re: Klassic Fab 73-79 Front Floor Repair HELP! Reply with quote

Looks like it may be more work than you think. Just sorting out the little things that arn't there.
Some differences at a glance.

Vangabonders
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2023 7:36 am    Post subject: Re: Klassic Fab 73-79 Front Floor Repair HELP! Reply with quote

sodbuster wrote:
Looks like it may be more work than you think. Just sorting out the little things that arn't there.
Some differences at a glance.

I had noticed those differences too but I believe it is more true to the original than this piece of trash. I have never seen such a low quality replica in my life and I've ordered other klokkerholm pieces

Jetfxr69
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2023 8:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Klassic Fab 73-79 Front Floor Repair HELP! Reply with quote

just saw your youtube on the lower inner adhesive job. well done. im in that area now and to be honest, I should have gone your way as I have nose work to do as well, that may require a full clip.

let us know how that Schofield panel looks when you get it. Ive ordered several other pieces from them and have been quite pleased with each.

‘77 westy Seamus
‘76 tintop Crusher
‘77 westy The Judge
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Vangabonders
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 5:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Klassic Fab 73-79 Front Floor Repair HELP! Reply with quote

Jetfxr69 wrote:
just saw your youtube on the lower inner adhesive job. well done. im in that area now and to be honest, I should have gone your way as I have nose work to do as well, that may require a full clip.

let us know how that Schofield panel looks when you get it. Ive ordered several other pieces from them and have been quite pleased with each.

They're finally shipping it so now its a waiting game. I will definitely keep everyone posted on the quality and fit of the three piece floor!
Vangabonders
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2023 1:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Klassic Fab 73-79 Front Floor Repair HELP! Reply with quote

The Alan Schofield front floor finally came in and its pretty good quality. I wouldn't say its a perfect fit but can definitely be worked with unlike the busdepot/brazilian knock off floor. Metal is thick and feels sturdy! Twisted Evil

Now its time to make it work...

Jetfxr69
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2023 1:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Klassic Fab 73-79 Front Floor Repair HELP! Reply with quote

thats sexy!

‘77 westy Seamus
‘76 tintop Crusher
‘77 westy The Judge
SamboSamba22
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2023 3:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Klassic Fab 73-79 Front Floor Repair HELP! Reply with quote

That looks pretty damn good. I’ve had great success with their products over the years.

Sam

Oct. ’67 Double Cab (’68 Crew Cab)
[url=http://www.vw-mplate.com/mplate-44412.png]Click to view image[/URL]
March '69 Delivery (Panel Bus)
[url=http://www.vw-mplate.com/mplate-44414.png]Click to view image[/URL]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Vangabonders
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2023 6:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Klassic Fab 73-79 Front Floor Repair HELP! Reply with quote

So it took quite a bit of modifying (mostly because I used the inner valence off of an early bay) but it came together quite nicely after fiddling with it for about 6 hours.

I would like to see how it fits for someone who has the original inner valence. I bet you it would be a pretty decent fit. Probably not as good as a funky green panel but ions better than the klokkerholm bs..
babysnakes
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2023 6:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Klassic Fab 73-79 Front Floor Repair HELP! Reply with quote

Nice work!
The Volkswagen Ranch
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2023 10:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Klassic Fab 73-79 Front Floor Repair HELP! Reply with quote

Looks great ! That was a lot of work . Bob
SGKent Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2023 8:01 am    Post subject: Re: Klassic Fab 73-79 Front Floor Repair HELP! Reply with quote

nice work
Vangabonders
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2023 10:30 am    Post subject: Re: Klassic Fab 73-79 Front Floor Repair HELP! Reply with quote

SGKent wrote:
nice work

Thanks again for helping me find a way to get my front floor done!
SGKent Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2023 10:52 am    Post subject: Re: Klassic Fab 73-79 Front Floor Repair HELP! Reply with quote

pandamanda22 wrote:
SGKent wrote:
nice work

Thanks again for helping me find a way to get my front floor done!

I am just sad that Gerson quit making his floors. Unfortunately most bay owners don't take the time or expense to restore these buses like you are. We all end up paying for it in unavailability of parts - and future bay owners are going to have it even worse. Anyway, really happy it turned out Ok for you. If you went thru Pascal, he is a good guy. I've gotten things thru him before. He is really honest in checking availability and things like that.
Vangabonders
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2023 6:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Klassic Fab 73-79 Front Floor Repair HELP! Reply with quote

Now its time to blend my welds and get my passenger side dog leg done.

The driver side dog leg is a klokkerholm and let me tell you it took a lot of work to make it look half decent, but I think it'll work for my passenger side too. Excited to see this floor completely installed.

Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: