Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Question: Will a 1973 super beetle hood fit on a 78 convertible
Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
GBert
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2023 4:42 pm    Post subject: Question: Will a 1973 super beetle hood fit on a 78 convertible Reply with quote

Greetings all...I have been doing some reading and think this will work but would like to make sure.
Found an NOS 1973 Super Beetle hood with no rust that appears to be in better shape than my 1978 one. I am wanting to confirm it will fit before purchasing it. Any input would be appreciated. With thanks... Greg
Buggeee
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2023 7:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Question: Will a 1973 super beetle hood fit on a 78 convertible Reply with quote

My experience is with 71-72 Supers, which is a unique hood due to the super front and flat windshield. The same hood fits on the regular hard top and the convertible. The 73 and on hood is different than mine, due to the curved windshield, but I believe the 73 and on hood would be interchangeable for either the hard top or the convertible. The 78 one might have a different appearence near the handle than the 73, and I dont know if that is a functional difference or just cosmetic.
SnowDaySyncro wrote:
Every setback is an opportunity to learn stuff and to buy new tools.
H2OSB
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2023 9:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Question: Will a 1973 super beetle hood fit on a 78 convertible Reply with quote

There will be a very slight difference cosmetically(a raised...spot, under the handle) but it will fit.

H2OSB
GBert
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 4:03 am    Post subject: Re: Question: Will a 1973 super beetle hood fit on a 78 convertible Reply with quote

Great....thanks everyone....I was looking at photos on this site last night and the cosmetic differences are things i can live with in exchange for a rust free German hood. Take care.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: