Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Suspended Gas Pedal
Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
BL3Manx
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2023 10:40 pm    Post subject: Suspended Gas Pedal Reply with quote

Saw an ad yesterday, I think on Facebook Marketplace for a gas pedal that mounted on the bug pedal cluster casting but the spring loaded gas pedal "swung" from a bracket attached in place of the accelerator pivot.

The ad said it was made in Spain.

I can't find the ad now. Has anyone else seen it?
ODDER316
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2023 5:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Suspended Gas Pedal Reply with quote

I saw something that sounds like it might be what you’re looking for on Instagram. Ratodegarage was the username. I’d post a pic but I’m not sure how. Hope this helps some.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
BL3Manx
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2023 6:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Suspended Gas Pedal Reply with quote

Yes, that's it. The other pedal I saw in the ad was more arced but it's the same mechanism. I can't get an image off the page but they have contact info.

In this picture the throttle cable is pulled at bit of an angle but that looks like it could be sorted

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cnw9HOgpFcx/?hl=en

Thanks!
BL3Manx
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2023 7:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Suspended Gas Pedal Reply with quote

Looks like the actual source

https://www.billetparts.com.br/pedal-acelerador-suspenso-branco-modelo-novo
DerrickfromNC1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 7:17 am    Post subject: Re: Suspended Gas Pedal Reply with quote

BL3Manx wrote:
Looks like the actual source

https://www.billetparts.com.br/pedal-acelerador-suspenso-branco-modelo-novo

I see a lot of unique products south of the border for our VWs. I’m surprised that some enterprising Samba seller has not created some kind of partnership to sell/distribute these innovative products.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Bryan67
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 9:10 am    Post subject: Re: Suspended Gas Pedal Reply with quote

Interesting, but why?
BL3Manx
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 12:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Suspended Gas Pedal Reply with quote

Not advocating one over the other but here is some discussion

https://www.reddit.com/r/cars/comments/3mkiuk/hanging_vs_floormounted_pedals_whats_your/
DerrickfromNC1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 2:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Suspended Gas Pedal Reply with quote

BL3Manx wrote:
Not advocating one over the other but here is some discussion

https://www.reddit.com/r/cars/comments/3mkiuk/hanging_vs_floormounted_pedals_whats_your/

Pros/cons either way depending on your driving style and what you have become accustomed to. Other than my VWs every car I’ve owned over the last 25yrs including my 2 most recent purchases a 18 Audi S5 and a 85 C10 Silverado the pedals are of the hanging style.
I like it!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: