Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

17” Brm wheels
Forum Index -> Custom Wheel/Tire Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
walter kandetzki
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2023 7:17 pm    Post subject: 17” Brm wheels Reply with quote

Hi folks I thought about putting 17” 5x205 Brm wheels on my 68 beetle.I will be running a 2” narrowed beam and running early fenders hoods aprons bumpers on the car.are any of you guys running them?if so how is the ride?thanks
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
DerrickfromNC1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 2:31 pm    Post subject: Re: 17” Brm wheels Reply with quote

walter kandetzki wrote:
Hi folks I thought about putting 17” 5x205 Brm wheels on my 68 beetle.I will be running a 2” narrowed beam and running early fenders hoods aprons bumpers on the car.are any of you guys running them?if so how is the ride?thanks

I’m running them on both a 67 Splitbus, and a Thing. With the low profile tires it’s definitely more jarring than a stock setup. That’s the cost of getting the look you want. The tires are 205/40 series. If I had a do over I would go with the 45 series tires if they fit!

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

My 67 bug….yet to see any road time is riding on factory 18” Porsche Boxster alloys with 35 series tires. I’m hoping it will ride like the previous Boxsters we used to own…a 97, 2011, 2016, & 2017.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Shredder
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2023 5:08 pm    Post subject: Re: 17” Brm wheels Reply with quote

Derrick..
Love your rides. Can you tell me, where, what, how you did that third brake light in the back of that sedan. Saw it in you gallery and i am liking your application. Great job…
Lemme know,
THX!
DerrickfromNC1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2023 5:39 pm    Post subject: Re: 17” Brm wheels Reply with quote

Rear led trailer park/brake light from Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07V7BF18S/ref=redir_mob...67fc737124

Picked up some misc metal from Home Depot and fabbed a bracket and wired it directly to my park and brake lights. Will try and take a close up pix later this week.
Shredder
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2023 11:40 pm    Post subject: Re: 17” Brm wheels Reply with quote

Awesome I’d love that.
BTW I couldn’t get your link to work…
Thx!
DerrickfromNC1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2023 3:55 pm    Post subject: Re: 17” Brm wheels Reply with quote

Shredder
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2023 11:32 pm    Post subject: Re: 17” Brm wheels Reply with quote

So that looks just like the light i had to replace on my motor home, I guess I’ll be look in in that direction thx for the info.
Did you wire it up for taillight and stop or just stop?
The enclosure and Mtg seem to be the biggest part of the job. Yours looks very clean. BTW I torqued wheels at 90 lbs.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Custom Wheel/Tire All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: