Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Looking for an engine builder in northeast.
Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
w650gb500
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 7:49 am    Post subject: Looking for an engine builder in northeast. Reply with quote

I recently bought an old race car that had a “built” 2276 in it. The car had been stored for many years and the engine will need a good going through. I have all of the spec’s for the pieces/parts that were used in this build. I’m looking for a reputable shop to take the engine apart, inspect/verify all of the pieces/parts inside and rebuild it to its former glory. I don’t know what that former glory was, but whatever it is, it is, I just wanted it freshened so I can decide what I will be using it in.

I’m located in northeast PA, but don’t mind driving a few hours to find a good engine builder.

Thanks,

Dan
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
esde
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 7:55 am    Post subject: Re: Looking for an engine builder in northeast. Reply with quote

Sending you a PM
Dusty1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 8:39 am    Post subject: Re: Looking for an engine builder in northeast. Reply with quote

It's worth the drive to bring it to Samba member

nsracing

(Nick) in Virginia. Cool

NJ John
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 8:43 am    Post subject: Re: Looking for an engine builder in northeast. Reply with quote

Which old Racecar did you get? I remember many NE cars and always wondered where they all ended up.
And second NSracing.
https://www.youtube.com/@AirSpooledGarage
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vwinnovator
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 8:44 am    Post subject: Re: Looking for an engine builder in northeast. Reply with quote

w650gb500 wrote:
I recently bought an old race car that had a “built” 2276 in it. The car had been stored for many years and the engine will need a good going through. I have all of the spec’s for the pieces/parts that were used in this build. I’m looking for a reputable shop to take the engine apart, inspect/verify all of the pieces/parts inside and rebuild it to its former glory. I don’t know what that former glory was, but whatever it is, it is, I just wanted it freshened so I can decide what I will be using it in.

I’m located in northeast PA, but don’t mind driving a few hours to find a good engine builder.

Thanks,

Dan

I'm in Maryland, 21122

you won't be disappointed and my pricing is fair.

disassembly and parts verification/assessment avail while you wait. Weekends avail.
w650gb500
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2023 7:35 am    Post subject: Re: Looking for an engine builder in northeast. Reply with quote

It’s not a drag car, it was built and used for hillclimbs here in PA. It’s a Bradley kit car body on an IRS chassis. I just bought it for the engine/trans and plan on selling the rear.

Since I know everyone likes pictures, here’s a few.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
nsracing
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2023 7:38 am    Post subject: Re: Looking for an engine builder in northeast. Reply with quote

You can bring that down to me and I will help you overhaul it. Probably just needs cleaning and a fresh valve/seat grind. I just cleaned out my jetwasher other day - surprised how much muck was in there. Very Happy

I have to make a trip down to TX to deliver a mill and flywheel grinder. I am upgrading to a different milling machine this summer.

The dynamic balancer is down for few days -waiting on fresh batteries.

Overhauls I can handle. But had to turn down 3 engine jobs this month coz they are from scratch and lots of machining. I cannot take a job like that if I don't have a mill running. Maybe later in the year I can.

I have VanNorman boring bar on stand as backup -in case. But I will limit the bore work to cases only.

Only thing w/ your engine - will probably need to recheck the rocker geometry. Possibly cut fresh pushrods if geometry is not perfect.

YOu can PM me.
NJ John
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2023 10:59 am    Post subject: Re: Looking for an engine builder in northeast. Reply with quote

That Bradley is pretty cool and was probably a blast to race.
https://www.youtube.com/@AirSpooledGarage
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
nsracing
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2023 1:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking for an engine builder in northeast. Reply with quote

The car does look like an SCCA racer in modified. Them tires are not for hill-climbs. Very Happy
Bonesberg55
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2023 2:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking for an engine builder in northeast. Reply with quote

Barry Goldwater had a Bradley GT. I think it was metalflake red.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: