Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

My engine is apart, what should I replace? AC 1981 Vanagon
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
GoEverywhere
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2022 9:53 am    Post subject: Re: My engine is apart, what should I replace? AC 1981 Vanagon Reply with quote

steve244 wrote:
thanks again!

It's disconnected on mine (valve linkage missing). I just noticed this. Do you have a spare linkage (throttle to EGR) for a friend in need?

I'll take a look in my parts stash, but I don't believe I do. Thats one people don't seem to hold onto if it gets removed because you don't NEED it. I'll let you know ASAP.
Claydogh
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2023 11:52 am    Post subject: Re: My engine is apart, what should I replace? AC 1981 Vanagon Reply with quote

steve244 wrote:
thanks again!

It's disconnected on mine (valve linkage missing). I just noticed this. Do you have a spare linkage (throttle to EGR) for a friend in need?

It't been quite a while! @steve224 you just need the wire that runs between the two? I took my EGR off, it was rotted right through and the Vintage Speed doesnt have a slot for it. I'm almost positive I still have all the bits if you need parts.

As for inspection, over 25 years old up here in NY you don't get emissions, so a Cat is not needed for inspection. Speaking of which MY VAN JUST PASSED! Its on the road!!
steve244
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2023 12:55 pm    Post subject: Re: My engine is apart, what should I replace? AC 1981 Vanagon Reply with quote

Oh thanks for thinking about it.

I've since bought an exhaust (same one as you) that doesn't have it, and will be sealing off the airbox port for it.

Thanks anyway!
The Vanagon's drivetrain and chassis restomod thread. Best sung to the tune of I Did It My Way...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
pathao
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2023 4:22 pm    Post subject: Re: My engine is apart, what should I replace? AC 1981 Vanagon Reply with quote

Claydogh wrote:
[...inspection. Speaking of which MY VAN JUST PASSED! Its on the road!!

Congrats
Now if spring would arrive to take away all that snow & salt that would be Thumbs Up

English is a second language to me
Claydogh
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2023 7:16 am    Post subject: Re: My engine is apart, what should I replace? AC 1981 Vanagon Reply with quote

steve244 wrote:
Oh thanks for thinking about it.

I've since bought an exhaust (same one as you) that doesn't have it, and will be sealing off the airbox port for it.

Thanks anyway!

Hey! Even better. I really like that exhaust. Might be a bit louder but that thing fit great and will probably last longer than the rest of the van. Feels good to know that at least. It also looks totally rad!!

Yeah... Was waiting for a rainy day to wash the salt away and today we got it... if we get. a (cold but) sunny day I think I'll be taking her out.

Still have a clunking noise from the back right tire. The van has "new" tires but sat on them without moving much for multiple years.. I'm hoping the tires are just a bit square haha! The noise only happens at low speeds and def sounds like a tire... well see!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: