Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

ratlookvw - [email protected] - chadd magee
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 47, 48, 49  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: ratlookvw
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: April 18, 2024
nreslifer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 5:29 pm    Post subject: Don't get the wrong idea guys Reply with quote

I was not questioning Chadd's business practices or honesty,I bought
something from him an needed his address to send payment to and
didn't hear back from him.I heard back from him today,payment is ready to go out.From the feedback I've seen the part will be as stated in his ad.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Birdmanhere
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bought a fuel gauge for my bus from him
shipped fast and arrived fast
was just like it was discribed
would do business again
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
60singlecab
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 2:45 am    Post subject: bus parts Reply with quote

hi i ordered parts off chadd
great communication and the parts are exactlly what was described and shipping to australia was quick will buy again
thanks chadd
ramzi
VWsArent4Hippies
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got a couple things off Chadd and had no problems. Fast shipping, and well packaged. Definitely reccomended
dlc_b0z
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have had a few transactions with him over the last few months. All items arrived quickly without issues. Will continue to buy from him.
79SuperVert
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ordered some parts from him and apart from having to follow up once with him there were no problems. He was very pleasant to deal with.
Douglas711
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 2:31 pm    Post subject: $300 worth of crap Reply with quote

I needed a door, really needed a door. So I contact Chadd a couple times. Soemtimes he is busy and hard to get a hold of or back to you. Fien $250 for a bus door and $50 to ship. I need, I tell him and put in the paypal payment make sure the hinges are perfect.

I get the door and the corners are all jacked up. The lower hing is already cracked and flexing. Inner support for door handle is broken.

Every time I would talk to him he keeps says he I am not responsible for DHL file a claim. DHL didn't screw up the hinge. The one thing I asked for and it was jacked up.

He said if I needed parts in the future to contact him. I did and I got nothing too busy to get back, he lost the email etc. Now enough time has passed 60 days I can't dissput the charge with my cc or paypal, Thanks Chadd

This was my second order. First order was just fine. Thats one reason I didn't mind spending $300 to get door.
ratlookvw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 3:05 pm    Post subject: best door I have ever had Reply with quote

the door was damaged in shipping, this was by far one of the cleanest and best doors I have ever had in my hands, came from AZ and was rust free, then shipped back to CA. now you see why people do not ship big sheet metal parts such as doors, hoods, roof clips. these things get damaged in delivery, and the seller did not package it up correctly Rolling Eyes well, I have sold many, many doors and I will continue to do so with no complaints. I am sorry your door did not make it 2400 miles with out a dent or ding, but that my friend is out of my hands! in the future, you should get a door at octo in person~!!!
57 Panel, 66 highroof panel, 65 Notch, 59 Vert, 61 Vert, 1969 Fridolin, 'Reggie ' 66 RV, 65 Pipe Truck, 65 RHD T-34, 70 dbl slider panel, 1969 Deep sea green sunroof automatic square, the greypoop-on, and a shit load of wheels!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
YellowSplittie
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 6:30 pm    Post subject: Re: best door I have ever had Reply with quote

ratlookvw wrote:
well, I have sold many, many doors and I will continue to do so with no complaints.

Don't say no complaints about your doors.

You sold and shipped me a Beetle door several years ago that you described as "cherry". You even shipped it to the wrong city after I repeated where to send it in many of our conversations. What I received had rust scabs on the outer skin primered over and the lower hinge rivets were pulled away from the cracked sheet metal. It was almost as bad as the door I was replacing.

You would not refund nor replace. You told me you were too busy with current customers to address my concerns.
'64 Kombi
'62 Beetle
'61 Standard Bus, Mango
ratlookvw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 7:00 pm    Post subject: again I say. Reply with quote

I am sure you both have seen the phrase on the classifieds 'pick up only' sellers post this because they too have had trouble with both shipping of large items, such as doors, and also the time factor of getting them wrapped up so they have a better chance getting there in good shape. well a door takes about 30 mins to wrap correctly, and even then it can still be damaged. well, how about this, I too will join the band wagon and not sell another hood, door, or engine lid because the two of you did not get what you expected. both doors are 40+ years old. visit your local swaps in the next 6 months and see what you can find for better quality doors. I am sure you will see, slim pickens to be had. I will continue to sell doors, hoods, and engine lids to the other 99.9% of the people that are perfectly happy getting a better quality part than what they started with. I guess what I am saying is, this thanksgiving I am going to be greatful for the business that I had this year and the great people I had an opportunity to meet and talk to. I hope you both have a great thanksgiving as well, and I know that I will be seeing your cars here on the samba.com or at the next octo! Yellow, I hope you get one address to ship to, so you don't confuse any other sellers with where to send the part to. by the way, you have to ship to the address that is on record with paypal.com, or as a seller, you are not protected from scam artists! Very Happy
57 Panel, 66 highroof panel, 65 Notch, 59 Vert, 61 Vert, 1969 Fridolin, 'Reggie ' 66 RV, 65 Pipe Truck, 65 RHD T-34, 70 dbl slider panel, 1969 Deep sea green sunroof automatic square, the greypoop-on, and a shit load of wheels!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Gary
Person of Interest

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 7:05 pm    Post subject: Re: again I say. Reply with quote

ratlookvw wrote:
I am sure you both have seen the phrase on the classifieds 'pick up only' sellers post this because they too have had trouble with both shipping of large items, such as doors, and also the time factor of getting them wrapped up so they have a better chance getting there in good shape. well a door takes about 30 mins to wrap correctly, and even then it can still be damaged. well, how about this, I too will join the band wagon and not sell another hood, door, or engine lid because the two of you did not get what you expected. both doors are 40+ years old. visit your local swaps in the next 6 months and see what you can find for better quality doors. I am sure you will see, slim pickens to be had. I will continue to sell doors, hoods, and engine lids to the other 99.9% of the people that are perfectly happy getting a better quality part than what they started with. I guess what I am saying is, this thanksgiving I am going to be greatful for the business that I had this year and the great people I had an opportunity to meet and talk to. I hope you both have a great thanksgiving as well, and I know that I will be seeing your cars here on the samba.com or at the next octo! Yellow, I hope you get one address to ship to, so you don't confuse any other sellers with where to send the part to. by the way, you have to ship to the address that is on record with paypal.com, or as a seller, you are not protected from scam artists! Very Happy

I have shipped Ghia doors, decklids, and hoods all across this country with no issues at all. Too bad you don't know to take the time to make an effort in making the customer happy. I bet I could ship anything of yours anywhere in the US with nary a problem. You're just copping out and in return crapping on Chad.
ratlookvw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 7:19 pm    Post subject: keeping people happy Reply with quote

it is so easy to jump on the train to bash sellers here on thesamba. it is a buyers market for feedback. I know lots of people that have garages full of parts, but choose not to sell simply for the fact of shipping and hoping the person on the other side has the same opinion as they have about that part. good luck with all that you do both selling and buying here on the classifieds section.
Douglas711
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 7:35 pm    Post subject: shipping Reply with quote

you really don't pay attention. The door hinge was not damaged in shipping it was already cracking. I could have take the shipping damage if the hinge was as promised which it wasn't. You keep saying again it was damaged in shipping, the corners were, the hinge was already cracking

wrapping a door in cardboard really isn't packing a door very well. If you are going to say you pack well maybe padding would help.

Join the band wagen I wish you would have before, at least I would have my $300.

Last edited by Douglas711 on Mon Nov 19, 2007 7:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
ratlookvw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 7:38 pm    Post subject: 40 year old door, not nos Reply with quote

40 year old door, NOT NOS. Used door, super super clean with good hinges. If you want nos condition, please step up to NOS prices! then you will get a hinge that was never used!
Douglas711
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe the term as described? I even stated in the paypal payment about the hinges and told you over the phone. The item was not as described, did DHL do that no.
YellowSplittie
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 7:57 pm    Post subject: Re: again I say. Reply with quote

ratlookvw wrote:

You didn't ship to my address. You shipped it to a Greyhound terminal in the WRONG city even after you acknowledged where it was to go..

I wrote:
>Chadd,
>
>OK, I would just need the shell, I have the glass, vent, and other hardware.
>How do we do the deal? Shipping would be to Madison, Wisconsin.

Chadd wrote:
Hi Brad! Shipping will be on Greyhound. It will run 35. s/h or I can send it COD as well. I will need a contact phone # and also your shipping address for greyhound! They will call you when in at Madison! Here is my address to send payment
Chadd Magee
gobug.com

You sent it to Spring Green, WI which is a not a Greyhound terminal but an elder community center. They are rarely open so the driver could never drop it off and it went back and forth between hubs in Chicago and Minneapolis. You did not help in anyway to get it rerouted and I finally managed to do it on my own:

Chadd wrote:
Yes. I made sure it left the hub in San Diego. The door is going to Springreen, WI that is about 15 miles from you. Check in 2-3 days, 2 more than likely, and here is your tracking # GLI 3009798506 and phone # 800 739 5020 Thanks again BRAD!!!!!
gobug.com

I also paid by check and not PayPal so don't use that excuse.

I have every email to back up what I say. You screwed up and refuse to admit you've made some errors.

I put this behind me long ago, but to see the same thing repeated on someone else again by you just irks me.
'64 Kombi
'62 Beetle
'61 Standard Bus, Mango
ratlookvw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 8:11 pm    Post subject: putting it behind you? Reply with quote

it is obvious you did not put it behind you, look at you post! lol that was how many years ago??? lol
my65btle
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Hey Chadd, Dude love the 65 Beetle you sold me. Lots of compliments. The car run and drives great. I have a feeling I'll be buying alot more from you. Keep me posted on any cool parts. Thanks.
Wiggy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chadd delivered a car for me from Florida to the Philly area. I bought the car on Monday, and the car was here by Friday. Great to deal with, great communication! Awesome.

My 58 Ghia Vert

My 51 Split 11G

My 57 Deluxe

My 56 Oval
roberto
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had a smooth trouble free transaction from Chadd. I have bought from him before, and will buy from him again.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 47, 48, 49  Next
Jump to:
Page 3 of 49

Jump to: