Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

ratlookvw - [email protected] - chadd magee
Page: 1, 2, 3 ... 47, 48, 49  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: ratlookvw
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: Today
Grey Ghost
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 11:50 am    Post subject: ratlookvw - [email protected] - chadd magee Reply with quote

I was looking for several 66 components and Chad Magee aka ratlookvw came through in flying colors. Not only did he send quality goods at below the market price, but he shipped expediously. Do not hesitate to do business with this gentleman.

Moderator note:
This seller is often on parts hunting or VW show trips, which can result in longer than normal responses to inquiries and sometimes very slow shipping.
Be aware of this fact before ordering.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
YellowSplittie
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this the same Chadd Magee that used to sell here under GoBug?
jbbugs
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes it is.

69 OG paint Transporter
73' Super Beetle Champcar Endurance Roadracer
Patina my ass, that's a Rust Bucket!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
YellowSplittie
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, sorry, but I WOULD hesitate to do business with this person.... I have, and it was perhaps the most frustrating Internet purchase of my life.

I see all the previous Gobug.com threads have been deleted. Just be sure you actually see the stuff before you buy it as you won't have any recourse with him if there is a problem. He misrepresented an item to me, and then wouldn't take it back. He will do his best to ignore you and get around having to refund your money.
Thornton
EMPI Guru

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have bought many High priced items from chad, from wheels to rare empi mufflers and radios equalling over thousand dollars or so. I have always had great service with him and everything has been described accurately.
I never had any problems
david9
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have done alot of buisness with Chad and have had no problems what so ever. He always explaned the parts well and always sold them for a fair price so no issues here.

ECF HHC

Ost Kuste
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
YellowSplittie
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking back at my emails with him, it was almost 2 years ago that my transaction with him occured. Maybe he's developed better customer relations since then; if so, that's great.
earlywesty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 4:27 am    Post subject: Chadd magee Reply with quote

I just purchase a small item from Chadd... the transaction was smooth and the item arrived as quoted...no problems... Thanks
Chadd

splitbuseric55
'55 SO23 Camper
'53 Canadian Custom Oval
'89 Syncro GL
Jennepher Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

YellowSplittie wrote:
I see all the previous Gobug.com threads have been deleted.

I'm not sure what you are talking about. A quick search on "gobug" returns multiple feedback threads in the classifieds forum.

Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
If your post begins "I know this is against the rules but..." just stop typing.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, I purchased a car from him figuring He was honest my mistake tho,being the first auto I purchased thru the internet I wish I would have asked if the title was clear. being the honest fellow chad is he never did tell me it was a salvage title, and I,m still waiting on my smoothies for 3 years now
ratlookvw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 11:04 am    Post subject: here we go again! Reply with quote

Saddsteve, I don't know if you have looked at the price of a 65-67 vert lately, or in the last 3 years. but if you look, you will see you purchased my car at a very very low market value. the car was worth way more than 4500. I still have all my correspondence with you as well as a full disc of photos of the vert, the work I did, and it leaving for your house. Do you still have the car? I would be interested to know what happened to it.
57 Panel, 66 highroof panel, 65 Notch, 59 Vert, 61 Vert, 1969 Fridolin, 'Reggie ' 66 RV, 65 Pipe Truck, 65 RHD T-34, 70 dbl slider panel, 1969 Deep sea green sunroof automatic square, the greypoop-on, and a shit load of wheels!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I,m not going to beat a dead dog but , you never did mention the fact that the title was a salvage title.and you refuse to admit it even now and the price was more then 4500. you really seem to have a select memory. when will I recieve my smoothies? again , you avoid the question.
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

as for the work you did I remember paying you for that adj.beam and the rims. you make it sound like this was all done free of charge. just beware , unless he has had a huge turnaround in his dealings I want my smoothies.
rubyred63t3
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Recieved my bumper brackets from Chad just last week. Took some time to get here but I have no complaints.
d-rick
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just received my parts ,very pleased .Good deal.
Thanks Chad
abuspilot
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YellowSplittie wrote:
Well, sorry, but I WOULD hesitate to do business with this person.... I have, and it was perhaps the most frustrating Internet purchase of my life.

I see all the previous Gobug.com threads have been deleted. Just be sure you actually see the stuff before you buy it as you won't have any recourse with him if there is a problem. He misrepresented an item to me, and then wouldn't take it back. He will do his best to ignore you and get around having to refund your money.

I'm not one to bitch and I hesitate posting this but unfortunately, I have to back this statement up ALL THE WAY. I bought several things from him over the phone based on his discription. Boy was his discription off on 2 of the items , I mean way off but then again some people think shit is gold. ie; his standards are lower than mine. He will ignore e-mails but he will answer his phone and talk the talk but that's about it. "No problem, I'll help you out man" (ya at doing nothing). This was a yr ago and I wouldn't buy from him again.

PS-Chad, still waiting on the cargo net mounting hardware?? I think you told me 2 or 3 times it would be in the mail. No need to reply...
Yustrn
JHC Controla

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't know, I've known Chadd for about 8yrs never had a problem, sometimes he can be slow, but can't we all?
abuspilot
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not telling people don't buy things from him and he's a dishonest person. I'm just saying buy at your own risk. I strongly recommend getting detailed pics before buying because I feel his standards are much different than mine perhaps most. That was my mistake and I've learned from it. Chadd does seem like a nice guy and he was willing to ship the parts before I paid for the shipping which was nice but again I was disappoint with some of the purchase. The other headache was one item was severly damaged in shipping and he did not help resolve the issue at all. I spent several months fighting with the shippers and finally got my claim resolved no thanks to him.

This is a small community and I'm not one to burn bridges but when I saw this I felt the need to open up about it. And yes I can be slow at times too. Wink
ALLWAGONS
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Always a great experience with Chad!

I recycle old cars and parts, other than when I rot, that's as Green as I am going to get.

Thanks to my Tesla driving neighbors, I feel more relaxed driving my SUBURBAN and old VW's.

NON INFLUENCER APPROVED
flymanx
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chadd damn if you do damn if don't ,oval headlight switch i bought from you was better than describe and working ..............kudos
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2, 3 ... 47, 48, 49  Next
Jump to:
Page 1 of 49

Jump to: