Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Ball joint ??'s
Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
oldbugs
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 6:31 pm    Post subject: Ball joint ??'s Reply with quote

I've never worked on a super before and my friend needs the ball joints replace on his '73? super vert. Is this something a do it yourselfer can do? thanks Kelly
keifernet
Samba Search & Rescue

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes our lucky the 71 -73 super is one of the only VW you can "bolt on" the ball joints... they are a bolt on with 3 bolts on the bottom of the strut/to control arm. have the other front end parts checked to as supers often need "everything" at some point or your pissing in the wind... and count on an alignment too.
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
slammed73SB
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i replaced the whole front end of my super in 1 weekend, it is like driving a new car, the onlt expensive part was the sterring box, $250 but it was worth itthe front steering is so tight now
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: