Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Lind Bjornsen - [email protected]
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: Lind
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: Today
jehugarcia
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meyer wrote:
I think the subtext here is that Lind may not actually have the money to refund at this point, so I don't see this going well. Of course I don't know this for sure, but I am honestly looking for explanations for this kind of behavior. This is not sounding at all like the guy I met ten years ago, so maybe he's somehow painted himself into a corner.

If there wasn't an agreement for the additional work - if the buyer had every right to believe that he was already paid in full and was just waiting for the finished car - then there really isn't much room for argument here as to who is in the right.

Lind: this really isn't going well for your future in VW's. People have long memories and this seems like a particularly self-destructive course of action.

yup, the problem is he is not saying that, or anything, and he's let so much time pass by with empty promises that his customer no longer wants to hear the reasons why he is not able to deliver.
Problem is the more time he lets pass by without a resolution, the less options available.
Last week he could have delivered the car, some terms were still open for discussion.
This week he can just write a check returning the money
Next week it might be time for a court to be involved

Just how far he is willing to let this go is to be seen.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
53 0val
Samba Professor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This thing has gone from weird to stupid. Shit or get off the 'pot' Lind!! Somebody needs to get a sack of Idaho potatoes and a big ass baseball bat and start practicing their swing. You can't teach stupid, but you can make it hurt until it wants to avoid the pain of being ignorant.
gabvwkey
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

53 0val wrote:
This thing has gone from weird to stupid. Shit or get off the 'pot' Lind!! Somebody needs to get a sack of Idaho potatoes and a big ass baseball bat and start practicing their swing. You can't teach stupid, but you can make it hurt until it wants to avoid the pain of being ignorant.

He went into hiding again! I guess this are the "headaches" he was talking about!
The VW community has spoken and is waiting for your answer Lind, we are NOT going to go away!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Twitter Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Mike Fisher
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meet up 1/2 way and transfer the Bug to it's rightful owner with no more money changing hands.
two 57 oval ragtops sold
'68 Karmann Ghia sold

Society is like stew. If you don't keep it stirred up you end up with a lot of scum on the top! - Russ_Wolfe/Edward Abbey
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Keoki
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike Fisher wrote:
Meet up 1/2 way and transfer the Bug to it's rightful owner with no more money changing hands.

Can't be trusted & to many things have gone wrong @ this point....!!

Take the CASH (IMO)...!!
jimmy1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At this point..since the agreement did not meet by the seller..I strongly suggest get all your money back..one yr of this is way too long. I wish I had your patence. =)

check out my classified ads, lots of rare parts/accessories for sale.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
bugnut68
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lind wrote:
first off, I hate arguing on the internet, as it is just a headache for all involved.

second, I have been really slow on this. the beetle was not my main priority, and I had other things that have been more important to me at the time. that is my fault, and I am sorry.

basically, what gabriel has told me is that since I have taken so long, I have to give away all my labor so far, and deliver the car to them for free or they will trash me on this forum. so I have the choice of being blackmailed for a couple grand, or dealing with this. I don't know which is worse. I was willing to give (and still am) a steep discount on the number of hours I have into the car due to the untimelyness of the whole thing, but that isn't enough.

I didn't sell the car on thesamba, but this is where they blackmail me...

they are welcome to pay their bill and come get the car, or have it shipped. I will not give up all my labor and investment to this point for free. sorry.

The minute you received dollar one (whatever the payments happened to be), this guy should have moved up your priority list. I would raging pissed if somebody strung me along for that many months, especially if they had my money AND the car I paid for in their possession.

Last edited by bugnut68 on Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Yustrn
JHC Controla

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Under 5k=Small Claims Court..so no lawyers...even if they win they case nothing makes someone pay unfortunately.

Best thing to do is to call Judge Judy, if your willing to go on TV they will pay you out if you win the case, plus you get national media attention. (just saying)
Bugman6572
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe the car or the cash should be given to Misa, whether Lind has either to give him has yet to be seen. I am starting to think the car is not in Linds possession anymore. If he still had the car why wasn't it delivered the last time when it should have been delivered finished or not?

Last edited by Bugman6572 on Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Zeen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:06 pm    Post subject: Re: My Response to Lind's Email! Reply with quote

Lind wrote:

I will only charge for 30 hours of it though. also $130 in parts. so the total is $1480.

Let's assume the starting price of $2000 was fair, and your 30 hours of labor and $130 in parts added some value to the car. Add those together, subtract the value of your reputation, and make your customer an offer. This is not rocket science.
gabvwkey
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:03 pm    Post subject: Re: My Response to Lind's Email! Reply with quote

Zeen wrote:
Lind wrote:

I will only charge for 30 hours of it though. also $130 in parts. so the total is $1480.

Let's assume the starting price of $2000 was fair, and your 30 hours of labor and $130 in parts added some value to the car. Add those together, subtract the value of your reputation, and make your customer an offer. This is not rocket science.

Bug price was $2000.00 Misa sent a check for that, then Lind sent a detailed invoiced of what it would cost to get it running $1200 Misa send that check as well! Lind is asking for an additional 30 hrs /$1480.00 for who knows what? Never discussed, never agreed! Confused
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Twitter Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Major Woody
Samba Enigma

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:23 pm    Post subject: Re: My Response to Lind's Email! Reply with quote

gabvwkey wrote:
Zeen wrote:
Lind wrote:

Bug price was $2000.00 Misa sent a check for that, then Lind sent a detailed invoiced of what it would cost to get it running $1200 Misa send that check as well! Lind is asking for an additional 30 hrs /$1480.00 for who knows what? Never discussed, never agreed! Confused

Oh wow, I guess I was not reading very well. This was unclear to me. $2680 in labor is well above what you documented here in the way of labor to get it roadworthy. It may have needed that work, but it seems to me that it's not owed without clear written communication as the bills were incurred as to what was being done. Just get your refund and walk away.
gabvwkey
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:38 pm    Post subject: Re: My Response to Lind's Email! Reply with quote

Major Woody wrote:
gabvwkey wrote:
Zeen wrote:
Lind wrote:

Oh wow, I guess I was not reading very well. This was unclear to me. $2680 in labor is well above what you documented here in the way of labor to get it roadworthy. It may have needed that work, but it seems to me that it's not owed without clear written communication as the bills were incurred as to what was being done. [b]Just get your refund and walk away.[/b]

Yeah, that's what we intend to do.

Lind was the one that wrote the estimate, he is the one that charge $1200 Misa agreed to it and did not nickel and dime him, but after a whole year of waiting, and empty promises Misa is done waiting!
Problem is Lind think that he's gonna be able to keep the car and the money, and still walk away with his reputation intact, and that's just not going to happen, this bad deal will follow him for a long time, the more time he let pass, the more people will become aware of his bad business practices, sadly some folks that should be posting here are not, I wonder why?
Friends is friends, but, when you are wrong you are wrong, and a good friend shouldn't be afraid to tell you to do the right thing!
bugnut68
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:48 pm    Post subject: Re: My Response to Lind's Email! Reply with quote

gabvwkey wrote:
Major Woody wrote:
gabvwkey wrote:
Zeen wrote:
Lind wrote:

Oh wow, I guess I was not reading very well. This was unclear to me. $2680 in labor is well above what you documented here in the way of labor to get it roadworthy. It may have needed that work, but it seems to me that it's not owed without clear written communication as the bills were incurred as to what was being done. [b]Just get your refund and walk away.[/b]

Yeah, that's what we intend to do.

Lind was the one that wrote the estimate, he is the one that charge $1200 Misa agreed to it and did not nickel and dime him, but after a whole year of waiting, and empty promises Misa is done waiting!
Problem is Lind think that he's gonna be able to keep the car and the money, and still walk away with his reputation intact, and that's just not going to happen, this bad deal will follow him for a long time, the more time he let pass, the more people will become aware of his bad business practices, sadly some folks that should be posting here are not, I wonder why?
Friends is friends, but, when you are wrong you are wrong, and a good friend shouldn't be afraid to tell you to do the right thing!

Almost makes me think it would be worth the plane ticket to fly up to his turf and confront him directly... appears he suffers from DGAS (Don't Give a Sh*t) syndrome online, judging by what's been seen here so far.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
jehugarcia
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:25 am    Post subject: Re: My Response to Lind's Email! Reply with quote

bugnut68 wrote:

appears he suffers from DGAS (Don't Give a Sh*t) syndrome online, judging by what's been seen here so far.

It would seem so, I asked Misa, he said as of yesterday he had not heard from Lind, It really doesn't seem like he has any intention of taking care of this.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Jimmy Perez
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lind you need to do whats right even if you lose out, this is a no brainer. Gabriel is always been straight guy so no way would he try to blackmail you or blemish your reputation. You need to fix this and move on even if you lose, you have car and can resell for your time and work. Hey Everett, Whats your thoughts, I like Lind but he needs to make this right and move on as this is not good for all VW enthusiast his reputation. Peace fix it.
vwfanatic67
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

why is it so hard to just refund your money and list the car on here for 4680 like he trying to collect. If he has done all that work the car should bring that. Sounds like he doesnt have it. This tread is going to make that harder to do for him when or if it does get resolved.

SBS #74
52 Split Beetle
60 Panel
65 Notchback
More if my wife would let me!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
hugheseum
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

a old buddy made me read this feedback thread.........all i can write is "damn"..........somebody (lind) needs to admit they fucked up...........shelf the ever growing egomania for a moment and start making the money to pay back this poor kid..........i cannot see any grey area here,its too bad he let it get this out of control

if this were my problem,i would have already made a nice surprise visit to taterland..........and gotten my money/compensation
jkolak
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lind is severely lacking in damage control. If he would have come forward immediately after the first post with a good explanation, a sincere apology, and immediately taken care of the customer, he could have preserved his reputation. By ignoring this thread and letting it go on for days and days, it has changed his feedback thread. It used to be about 2 pages with mostly positive and some negative remarks, but now it is 4 pages with 2 pages against him on this one issue. This issue has effectively ended Lind's ability to do business on The Samba. Local Idaho victims be pitied.
Lee.
Samba Animal Controller

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any updates??
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 4 of 10

Jump to: