Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Lind Bjornsen - [email protected]
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: Lind
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: Today
gabvwkey
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

52HoffmanSplit wrote:
I have had several deals with Lind, direct in person and long distance and all have gone through perfect. They have transpired quickly and were fair and equitable. If you just read 11 pages of BS regarding a single transaction, take to heart that 90% of the posts were by some of the samba's biggest Know-it-all's and none of them even remotely involved in the transaction.

We often see disputes between "real mechanics" and those who only have cash and no skill. They don't understand that labor, parts and time aren't a FREE commodity and an estimate is just that.... an ESTIMATE.

You are entitled to your opinion! And one of those "none of them even remotely involved in the transaction" But in this case everybody knows what happened, you seemed to missed the BS part where he didn't deliver the car or the money for over a year with no communication, your attempt to defend or excuse his business practices are useless and no consolation to those directly involved in the bad deal, it will take him a long time to recover his credibility, last time I spoke to Lind with Everett as a witness (he brought him) he told me he was going to write an apology, to me and the VW Community I'm yet to see it!

Last edited by gabvwkey on Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:31 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Twitter Gallery Classifieds Feedback
jkolak
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

52HoffmanSplit wrote:
I have had several deals with Lind, direct in person and long distance and all have gone through perfect. They have transpired quickly and were fair and equitable. If you just read 11 pages of BS regarding a single transaction, take to heart that 90% of the posts were by some of the samba's biggest Know-it-all's and none of them even remotely involved in the transaction.

We often see disputes between "real mechanics" and those who only have cash and no skill. They don't understand that labor, parts and time aren't a FREE commodity and an estimate is just that.... an ESTIMATE.

Integrity applies to all, mechanic or not.
Barndoor Mafia
Il Capo

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW!!! Had no idea this was going on!!??

Any hoot ......... I'm constantly emailing Lind for advise and guidance for certain parts. He offered me some parts I'm missing and a deal was struck. This was a few days ago. To my surprise I find a package at my door step today and its from Lind. All the parts he mentioned where in the package in the condition he described them to be. What surprised me is he sent the parts over before the funds arriving on his end. Well, needless to say this was a smooth transaction with ZERO hassles.

Hope this 10 page mess got sorted out?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
hitest
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And again this weekend, I popped in at a moment's notice, Lind helped me- this time with a (gulp!) critical '71 beetle brake part. Thanks so much again Lind!

I wonder what the nut looks like.

'62 L390 151, '62 L469 117, '63 L380 113, '64 L87 311, '65 L512 265, '65 L31 SO-42, '66 L360 251, '68 L30k 141, '71 L12 113, '74 ORG 181

FU#5
BulliBill
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 2:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Lind Bjornsen - [email protected] Reply with quote

Lind was fast with payment for an NOS part for a K. Ghia he wanted. It's on it's way to him now. Thanks again Lind, you're one of the best!

Bill Bowman
Thornton VW - Stockton

Thanks for any help!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
otahuhu
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 1:03 am    Post subject: Re: Lind Bjornsen - [email protected] Reply with quote

I purchased Linds old 55 Karmann ghia from him last year and although I am still waiting for a cpl of small but integral items Wink I will say I wouldn't hesitate to buy from Lind in the future, he really stepped up and helped with getting car ready to be transported and transported from Idaho to California for shipping. I highly recommend Lind and wouldn't hesitate to buy from him in the future. Cheers Lind Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
zimblewinder
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:38 am    Post subject: Re: Lind Bjornsen - [email protected] Reply with quote

So Lind is finally paying up?... how about my purchase in 2006 Lind? A full set of OG good quality interior alloy trim strips for my delux and a very nice mango door card(see page 1). Hey Lind PM me and Ill send you my new address.

Dale

Subject: RE: Bus parts
To: "Lind" <[email protected]>
Date: Monday, November 23, 2009, 3:55 AM
Hi Lind, Sorry to sound like a nagging old woman but I really need the interior trim strip set you sold me in 2006 and hopefully the front passenger door mango door trim panel you sold me. Is this possible or have they gone? My mango fit out is complete now except these parts.

Did you get that Okrasa going? I havent seen you on thesamba for quite a while. I hope all's well with you

Cheers
Dale

> Date: Sun, 4 Jan 2009 21:00:28 -0800
> From: [email protected]
> Subject: Re: Bus parts
> To: [email protected]
>
> Dale,
> still slacking here, but my new years resolution is to take care of all my pending business, so I should get it done soon. I have the mango door panel for you still.
> all the okrasa stuff is just sitting waiting for when I have more time and money...
> thanks,
> --lind
>
> http://westfaliaregistry.com/lind/shoppics.html
>
>
> --- On Fri, 1/2/09, Dale Thomson <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > From: Dale Thomson <[email protected]>
> > Subject: Bus parts
> > To: [email protected]
> > Date: Friday, January 2, 2009, 11:03 PM
> > Hi Lind,
> >
> > Happy New year and all that. How did you go with mailing
> > my parts (interior trim strips and mango door card)? I see
> > theres another mango door skin for sale. Do you still have
> > the one for me? If not Id like to buy the one advertised.
> > Theyre pretty scarce these days.
> >
> > Hope youre not freezing to death. Its been a pretty lame
> > summer here this year. Fairly cool and mostly onshore winds,
> > so Im guessing a hot February.
> >
> > How did the Okrasa rebuild go for the ghia?
> >
> > Cheers
> > Dale
> >
easy e
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2021 8:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Lind Bjornsen - [email protected] Reply with quote

Lind inquired about a couple parts I had for sale. He knew just what he was looking for and followed payment instructions perfectly. It was a very smooth transaction. Thank you Lind!
-Evan
harrymarlin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Lind Bjornsen - [email protected] Reply with quote

Lind reached out to me about my wanted ad for Imported Motors memoriabilia, and offered to send me some scans of some interesting information (no charge). I loved them so much I purchased a reproduction of a book he had on it. The transaction went smoothly and it was packaged well for delivery - it looks great. Thanks, Lind!
ISO Albuquerque "Imported Motors" dealership paraphernalia
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Herbibot
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2024 8:32 am    Post subject: Re: Lind Bjornsen - [email protected] Reply with quote

My experience with Lind was over 20 years ago and it's fair to say reflects mistakes on my part such as being naive and lackadaisical. However I am an honest person.

In around 2000 I had a 1969 VW camper van that was in need of repairs and maybe hoping to save money or some hippie idealism I decided to hire Lind to work on my van rather than take it to a shop. So he came and picked the van up and I gave him $500 to start for parts. He was supposed to get back to me as work progressed. I had another vehicle by that point and my attachment to the van was in large part sentimental so I didn't think about it a lot as time passed. The van was parked in his driveway for over a year until one day he moved and the van was gone. I had not moved at that point and I still have the same phone number. He made no effort to contact me. At that point I regret not going to the police however I have an aversion to going that route. Also it was more difficult to track people down then. Roughly ten years ago a friend told me that he saw Lind at a concert and he said he still had the van but didn't offer his number or anything. Around this time I saw he was selling VW parts so I created an email address and wrote asking about a part. He promptly replied about the part, but when I explained who I was and asked about my van he disappeared again. So certainly I should have handled things better and more professionally on my end, but I'm not a thief. So this is another experience that reminds me of the Dylan line "name me someone that's not a parasite and I'll go out and say a prayer for him". Beware honest folk of that reality.
vw356
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2024 9:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Lind Bjornsen - [email protected] Reply with quote

I just had a very good experience with Lind. Bought a set of front beetle fenders and every step of the way was great except the shippers gave us a bit of trouble, but we worked it out easily. Fenders arrived in great condition and Lind shipped fast, and gave me a great price. Communication was very good and fast too!
Would deal with Lind any time!
Thank You Lind!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Page 10 of 10

Jump to: