Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Bus In The Body Shop
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
pawesty
Samba Medic

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 9:04 am    Post subject: Bus In The Body Shop Reply with quote

Finally delivered the bus to the body/paint shop yesterday. glass,door tri,handles,lights,lenses,interior out of the bus. fou8nd some nasty looking stuff under a few of the windows,namely the windshield. gonna be gettin a new battery tray as well. staying with the Sage Green,pinstripes being reproduced as well. here's a couple pics.......i'll keep you all posted on the progress.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

sandblasting in order here...
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

79 westy
78 westy

purveyor of refurbed westies and parts!!! inquire within!

Last edited by pawesty on Sat Feb 19, 2005 9:07 am; edited 1 time in total
DurocShark
Samba Member

Location: Crappy town in a crappy state. But the beach is nearby, so I have that going for me.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How much is it going to set you back?

Did you strip the interior?

EDIT: Nevermind. It looks like you did...
1979westie
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm so glad you are sticking with the sage green. Keep the 70's alive, baby!
Best of luck, Dave Cool

1979 Deluxe Campmobile (quickly rusting away)
33K miles when bought, now at 61K
Proud Member #2 SBS (Stock Bus Society)
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ratwell
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your bus looks better than average in all the channels from the little I can see. The body repair work should be minimized along with the costs.

Last edited by ratwell on Sat Feb 19, 2005 10:33 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
pawesty
Samba Medic

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ratwell wrote:
Your bus looks better than average in all the channels. The body repair work should be minimized along with the costs.

thanks Richard, i don't expect that work to be a great expense. fortunately the person doing the work is also a close friend with several acvw restos under his belt. this will be a refurb not a full resto. Richard, i have a question for you. my replacement window rubber arrived from BD a few days ago. windshield seal is from mexico(not too thrilled with that) louvered window seals arrived from just kampers, they are black and appear to have 2 seals in each bag. you have any experience with these or know what the deal is? i expected 1 grey seal in each bag. thanks in advance,
dave

79 westy
78 westy

ratwell
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pawesty wrote:
thanks Richard, i don't expect that work to be a great expense. fortunately the person doing the work is also a close friend with several acvw restos under his belt. this will be a refurb not a full resto.

How many hours is he quoting you?

Quote:
my replacement window rubber arrived from BD a few days ago. windshield seal is from mexico(not too thrilled with that) louvered window seals arrived from just kampers, they are black and appear to have 2 seals in each bag. you have any experience with these or know what the deal is? i expected 1 grey seal in each bag. thanks in advance,
dave

I bought my windshield seal from OEVeedub and and my Jalousie seals from WolfsburgWest (via GoWesty).

I'm not sure what seal you have. All I can tell you about the windshield shield is be very careful installing it. Go slow and make sure you don't crack the glass.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
pawesty
Samba Medic

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ratwell wrote:
pawesty wrote:
thanks Richard, i don't expect that work to be a great expense. fortunately the person doing the work is also a close friend with several acvw restos under his belt. this will be a refurb not a full resto.

How many hours is he quoting you?

Quote:
my replacement window rubber arrived from BD a few days ago. windshield seal is from mexico(not too thrilled with that) louvered window seals arrived from just kampers, they are black and appear to have 2 seals in each bag. you have any experience with these or know what the deal is? i expected 1 grey seal in each bag. thanks in advance,
dave

I bought my windshield seal from OEVeedub and and my Jalousie seals from WolfsburgWest (via GoWesty).

hours are still to be determined. he anticipates the bus being finished on his end in 2-3 weeks. he's a;ready received a sizeable deposit at my insistance. not sure if i should order another windshield seal. gonna have to look into the jalousie seals. i'll keep you all posted. thanks again Richard!

dave

I'm not sure what seal you have. All I can tell you about the windshield shield is be very careful installing it. Go slow and make sure you don't crack the glass.

79 westy
78 westy

1979westie
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave...get your money back for that windshield seal and buy one from OEveedub. Don't learn the hard way like i did, two windshields later. Shocked

1979 Deluxe Campmobile (quickly rusting away)
33K miles when bought, now at 61K
Proud Member #2 SBS (Stock Bus Society)
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: