Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Rave: Glenn Ring - glenn @ glenn-ring.com
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Envious
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 12:56 pm    Post subject: Rave: Glenn Ring - glenn @ glenn-ring.com Reply with quote

I've always said that providing good service is simply. Set a reasonable expectation for the buyer and then meet that expectation. That's good service. If a vendor sets too high an expectation that cannot be achieved, he looks like a shmuck.

Last summer I bought one of Glenn Rings, now famous, restored Bosch 010 distributors. I went the whole nine yards with an NOS brown cap, correct condensor, etc. It was beautiful when I got it. I promptly installed it on my 64 squareback and it ran as well as I was hoping it would.

While working on the motor I ruined the finish on the distributor by spilling fuel all over it. I contacted Glenn about what I had done and he told me to ship it back so he could strip off the paint and refinish hit to his level of quality at no charge. I explained to him several different ways that this was entirely my fault and still only charged me for shipping.

To top off the entire transaction, Glenn just emailed me to say that he received the distributor this morning and he had already completed the work.

That's good service.

If you're ever considering a properly restored distributor for your car, I would highly recommend that you look Glenn up. I guarantee you won't be disappointed with the results.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Mine refinished.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

64 Type 361 L575 Nutria
64 Porsche 356c
56 Type 113 L227 Strato Silver
52 BSA C11G
59 Heilite Single Wheel Camping Trailer
56 Allstate Single Wheel
84 Vanagon Westfalia
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=388225
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Dave.

I'm just a hobbiest and I restore these because I enjoy it. The money helps support my hobby, but by no means is it the reason I do them.

What I try to do is offer superior service, before, during and after. If a distributor is not rebuildable... i'll tell the person and refund the payment, minus return shipping.

I've done over 175 with only 2 returns. Dave's for a repaint and another due to the owner dropping a screw inside and unable to get it out. I offer free repair if there's ever a problem. My labor is free, you just pay for parts (if available) and return shipping. BTW... I photograph ever distributor i've done and I mark them. So I'll know if I didn't rebuild it in the first place. Wink

I have a running ad on the Samba.
http://thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=53482
And I do sell distributors outright or I can rebuild yours. Inventory varies, so check my ad for availability.

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: