Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Original Paint.... Let's Talk Patina.
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 80, 81, 82  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2021 8:14 am    Post subject: Re: Original Paint.... Let's Talk Patina. Reply with quote

Long-roofs wrote:
What about the Euro 15 with Japan export code, came out of N. Idaho some 12 years ago? Coded for OG safari's and ambulance fans.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Long-roofs
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2021 8:17 am    Post subject: Re: Original Paint.... Let's Talk Patina. Reply with quote

^^^^
Yes, that one. We removed the Euro front bumper way back in '96, when that was a parts Bus.

"No, I do not own a bleepin' leaf blower"

--
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
55bundt
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2021 9:59 am    Post subject: Re: Original Paint.... Let's Talk Patina. Reply with quote

My bus is Mcoded US spec with front blinkers and U.S. spec headlights
The bus was delivered to Spain which makes me believe it is a Tourist delivery bus.
I added the euro headlights but came with sealed beam units. The bumpers are the only thing euro on it. I have seen a few deluxe tourist delivery buses with this option on this site.
There is a VW of Biloxi Mississippi service tag on the inside A pillar which I believe was
the port of entry after touring Spain.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Almanor23
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2021 3:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Original Paint.... Let's Talk Patina. Reply with quote

Your bus looks awesome, just the perfect patina, and cool options, especially the euro bumpers. Can you comment on the M96 code on the build?

Also, pls share some photos from the side so we can get a good look at the stance.

thanks, and great job on killer bus
55bundt
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2021 3:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Original Paint.... Let's Talk Patina. Reply with quote

Thanks for the props!! M96 code has never been identified according to M code chart on this site. The bus isnt really layed out just enough to load up freinds without rubbing issues. These are the only pics I have of the stance since Iam out of town at the moment.

Lind
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2021 4:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Original Paint.... Let's Talk Patina. Reply with quote

That deluxe is sweet patina perfection. The bumper is incredible, they rarely survive like that.
VWoA literature and early dealership or distributor literature/pictures/information
Culito

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2021 8:57 am    Post subject: Re: Original Paint.... Let's Talk Patina. Reply with quote

'64 Standard

Well repairs are in progress but I can't find paint to match yet.
johnnypan wrote:
...dont pay no attention to Culito,he's a cornhole..
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
bigdirt09
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2021 6:02 am    Post subject: Re: Original Paint.... Let's Talk Patina. Reply with quote

earlywesty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2021 6:28 am    Post subject: Re: Original Paint.... Let's Talk Patina. Reply with quote

That bus turned out so nice.
bigdirt09
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2021 6:46 am    Post subject: Re: Original Paint.... Let's Talk Patina. Reply with quote

Thanks man!
BonTonRoulet
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2021 11:05 am    Post subject: Re: Original Paint.... Let's Talk Patina. Reply with quote

55bundt wrote:
The bus was delivered to Spain which makes me believe it is a Tourist delivery bus.
I added the euro headlights but came with sealed beam units. The bumpers are the only thing euro on it. I have seen a few deluxe tourist delivery buses with this option on this site.
There is a VW of Biloxi Mississippi service tag on the inside A pillar which I believe was

Unless there is another service tag on your A pillar from European Motors in Biloxi Mississippi, that tag in the photo from Dahlke Motors was a dealership in Columbus Mississippi. Columbus is the home of the Air Force Base. So I would imagine your bus was in the ownership of an Airman at some point. The Naval Air Station is in Meridian Mississippi. I've got friends in Meridian that have been in the european car culture/repair business for more than 50 years, and historically a lot of the really cool VW's, Porsches etc. around the State have had some connection to Airmen that served in the Air Force and Navy at either of the bases. I guess jet pilots like cool cars and when they come from all over the country to do their training, the cars come with them.
mandraks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2021 11:44 am    Post subject: Re: Original Paint.... Let's Talk Patina. Reply with quote

bigdirt09 wrote:
Thanks man!

it really turned out awesome

Uli

----------------------------------------
'53 3-Fold Oval, L35 Metallic Blue, looking for a narrow hatch panel
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2021 1:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Original Paint.... Let's Talk Patina. Reply with quote

BonTonRoulet wrote:
55bundt wrote:

Unless there is another service tag on your A pillar from European Motors in Biloxi Mississippi, that tag in the photo from Dahlke Motors was a dealership in Columbus Mississippi. Columbus is the home of the Air Force Base. So I would imagine your bus was in the ownership of an Airman at some point. The Naval Air Station is in Meridian Mississippi. I've got friends in Meridian that have been in the european car culture/repair business for more than 50 years, and historically a lot of the really cool VW's, Porsches etc. around the State have had some connection to Airmen that served in the Air Force and Navy at either of the bases. I guess jet pilots like cool cars and when they come from all over the country to do their training, the cars come with them.

I agree on the location, I verified that street address is listed as the location of Dahkle Motors in Columbus, MS in a VW Dealers and Distributors booklet I have.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
55bundt
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2021 10:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Original Paint.... Let's Talk Patina. Reply with quote

Thanks for the info on the service tag. This bus was sitting west of Sheppard Air Force Base in a small town of Electra. So that location in Columbia MS makes perfectly good sense. Most likely brought over by an air force pilot back in the day.
ronjonlasvegas
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2021 5:58 am    Post subject: Re: Original Paint.... Let's Talk Patina. Reply with quote

Here is my 65 standard factory sunroof bus at cars and coffee from last weekend.

oakman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2021 7:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Original Paint.... Let's Talk Patina. Reply with quote

ronjonlasvegas wrote:
Here is my 65 standard factory sunroof bus at cars and coffee from last weekend.

Bus looks great! It must be sweet cruising with that huge Golde sunroof open.
von_hansel Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2021 8:51 am    Post subject: Re: Original Paint.... Let's Talk Patina. Reply with quote

Italian delivered Deluxe mcoded for North America (376) and has no locking ignition.

95% OG Paint

zuggbug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2021 2:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Original Paint.... Let's Talk Patina. Reply with quote

bigdirt09 wrote:
Thanks man!

very nice,
may i ask how you achieved the finished product?
ryans65
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2021 3:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Original Paint.... Let's Talk Patina. Reply with quote

How many times were you asked if you cut that sunroof in it?

ronjonlasvegas wrote:

ronjonlasvegas
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2021 3:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Original Paint.... Let's Talk Patina. Reply with quote

ryans65 wrote:
How many times were you asked if you cut that sunroof in it?

ronjonlasvegas wrote:

Most of the people who do not know VW's have no clue it is rare at all. It is the VW guys who are not bus nerds who think the sunroof was added later. When I was at OCTO last month with this bus I was sitting by my bus and a couple of older guys wanted past and and one said look it has a sunroof and the other guy just said yeah that sunroof was added because sunroofs only came in 21/23 window buses. At the local cars and coffee I get non VW people say I should add all the skylight windows to my bus to make it into a 21 window bus. Very Happy

To answer Oakman, yes it is great cruising with the sunroof open especially since it gets so hot in Las Vegas where I live.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 80, 81, 82  Next
Jump to:
Page 81 of 82

Jump to: