Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

here we go again-another e-bay seat
Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
This page may contain links to eBay where the site receives compensation.
eddiemoney
East Coast Scavenger

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 10:49 pm    Post subject: here we go again-another e-bay seat Reply with quote

reserve was set real low so happy bidding.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4532847993

instagram im_eating_pizza
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Lind
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1967 only seat
VWoA literature and early dealership or distributor literature/pictures/information
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
KombiMonster
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn that seems to be a fair price....

check out my sig!....

*WANTED*
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Lind
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dreamer wrote:
WANTED: A reasonably priced full length carmel middle seat...

good one. like there are still $100 middle seats out there. those days are long gone. lol
VWoA literature and early dealership or distributor literature/pictures/information
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
KombiMonster
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy

*WANTED*
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Grant
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lind wrote:
1967 only seat

hello lind, may i ask how you can tell that? and if so, how can you tell that?

-Grant
eddiemoney
East Coast Scavenger

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lind wrote:
dreamer wrote:

good one. like there are still $100 middle seats out there. those days are long gone. lol

with the mind set like that your'll never find one. a double flipper six leg middle with og upholstery with kick panels. i still belive that someone has one that they dont realize it's value. like uzi's king panel he paid i think $200 as you know for it but the front hurst alone $1000 and the front pressed bumper $350 reaer pressed $400 the rear hurst $800-$1000. im still planning on finding a barndoor here, on the east coast somewhere. it's the thrill of the hunt, you never know whats around the next turn.

that's my mind set call me crazy if you want im still looking

instagram im_eating_pizza
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
boxonrails
Samba Trainman

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with lind. Smile 1967 only Red Bus

| o \/ o | (o\ ! /o)

1965 Standard Factory rag http://images.thesamba.com/vw/gallery/pix/230817.jpg
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
OG Velvet
Samba Family Man

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grant88 wrote:
Lind wrote:
1967 only seat

-Grant

The diagonal supports on the legs is the easiest way to tell.
'65 Honda Dream
Lind
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grant88 wrote:
Lind wrote:
1967 only seat

-Grant

the diagonal support bar inside the legs and grab handles on the top of the seat. those two things make it a '67 only seat. the grab handle being on top is '52ish-'67. the diagonal support is '67-'79. '67 is the year they both show up together.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Last edited by Lind on Fri Mar 04, 2005 1:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Lind
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vw-in-neptune wrote:
Lind wrote:
dreamer wrote:
with the mind set like that your'll never find one. a double flipper six leg middle with og upholstery with kick panels. i still belive that someone has one that they dont realize it's value. like uzi's king panel he paid i think $200 as you know for it but the front hurst alone $1000 and the front pressed bumper $350 reaer pressed $400 the rear hurst $800-$1000. im still planning on finding a barndoor here, on the east coast somewhere. it's the thrill of the hunt, you never know whats around the next turn.

that's my mind set call me crazy if you want im still looking

I was being facetious.

I was there when UZI got the king panel. although it did have the hurst bumper, he did have to give a set up in trade to get the bus. the bus was still an awesome score and a screaming deal. the guy that UZI got it from was very reluctant to admit that he had got the bus for free. which was pretty funny because none of us cared how little he paid for it.

my $100 double flipper was a fluke, but I do find normal middle seats out there fairly frequently for good prices. of the ten middle seats that I have bought outright, I paid an average of $85 each for them. they are out there. if you really want to find a cheap middle seat, just put an ad in your local newspaper. just be prepared to look at ten bay window seats for every splittie seat that you find.
Stanagon
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wondered why the last middle seat thread had died out.

Here's the text from a Want Ad that I am running in a weekly local classifed rag:

WANTED: ORIG VW BUS SEATS & INT PANELS. Must be 1967 or older. Cash pd for items in gd or restorable cond. Can pick-up in Boston & New England area. Call Stan...

The first running of the ad was this week. It costs $10/week and I'm running it for 4 weeks. I already got one call. Unfortunately it was just a guy with a nice set of headlight assemblies he pulled from his '64 bus several years ago. He wanted $100 for them. He's going to list them on eBay. We did have a nice conversation and he now knows what I'm looking for. He works at a local body shop.

Feel free to use my ad text for your very own local classified ad. This stuff is definitely still out there, but it may not be cheap for too much longer as the word gets out via eBay.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Enkiel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

man, now that's interesting.

how much you think it will end at?

and um, where is Tennesse? Embarassed
BarryL Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

...it's possible they exist, but if it's a '67, it's the first I've seen with heat pleats...
Enkiel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stanagon wrote:
I wondered why the last middle seat thread had died out.

Here's the text from a Want Ad that I am running in a weekly local classifed rag:

WANTED: ORIG VW BUS SEATS & INT PANELS. Must be 1967 or older. Cash pd for items in gd or restorable cond. Can pick-up in Boston & New England area. Call Stan...

The first running of the ad was this week. It costs $10/week and I'm running it for 4 weeks. I already got one call. Unfortunately it was just a guy with a nice set of headlight assemblies he pulled from his '64 bus several years ago. He wanted $100 for them. He's going to list them on eBay. We did have a nice conversation and he now knows what I'm looking for. He works at a local body shop.

Feel free to use my ad text for your very own local classified ad. This stuff is definitely still out there, but it may not be cheap for too much longer as the word gets out via eBay.

only 10$/week? it cost 10$/week for one line (about 6-8 words) around here
NorCalWeekender
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just one more reason I'm glad I have a camper. The last middle seat I had to buy (circa 1992) was a whopping $140 upholstered.

-Taylor

"Eventually, we sold to a guy for $500 who towed it away to live in it in his parents' driveway. We didn't think it would ever avoid the junk heap on that day." -The 3rd Owner, 1995
Enkiel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NorCalRiviera wrote:
Just one more reason I'm glad I have a camper. The last middle seat I had to buy (circa 1992) was a whopping $140 upholstered.

-Taylor

one of the reason i'm still debating if i want to turn my bus into a camper or make it stock (well, as stock as possible).
splitpile
Samba's Worst Speller

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I made my 15 window into a camper being I could never find the correct 2/3 middle seat for it. It is at least a dealer Mosaik (sp) camper interior and probaly worth more (now) then the correct middle seat would be. I bought the camper interior at Pomona for 100 dollars.
The best deal I ever got was a compete interior from a 61 Deluxe with 17,000 miles that was totaled. The owner gave it to me for free and all I had to pay was the freight. Seats, panels, kick panels, jaibars, etc down to ever screw and washer.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Airsick
Samba Lowering Squad

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats funny, I'll be tearing out the roadrunner interior out of my 15window this weekend and putting in seat from a free 75 fatty that I am getting delivered today. Soon to be on ebay or here: a complete roadrunner interior.
iamdonquixote
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that's a damn nice interior too.. You ought to be able to get a middle seat from the proceeds of that. Isn't it a sundial interior though?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: