Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Chico Performance Racing (Anibal) - [email protected]
Page: 1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: steel buggin
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: March 31, 2024
eurobug55
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 9:02 am    Post subject: Chico Performance Racing (Anibal) - [email protected] Reply with quote

Terrible Engines people. bought a 36hp rebuilt engine from this guy. old rusty parts and missing bolts that hold the block together. old pistons liners and who knows what else. rockers were dirty and rusty. leaks like there isnt even a gasket in the thing. so dont bother buying one from this guy.

Moderator note:
Chico replied to this below:
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=718706#718706
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
mar59sta
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I on the other hand WILL recommend Chico!
I seen one of his engines and the damn thing is bad ass and clean as hell.
No leaks sound dyno #'s and really good drag racing times(I know these are effected by the driver,but a good driver can't make a shitty engine faster).
Personally he was pleasant and a joy to be around.
After building this engine he flew to Ga to watch it on a chassis dyno and then the owner even let Chico beat the hell out of it on the track.
Reasonable pricing,performance,clean,professional.......Nuff said
mar59sta
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FYI...there isn't a gasket in it Confused if you are speaking of the case
Smiff
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm with you.. I find it hard to believe Chico built an engine with dirty, rusty parts. No gaskets... missing bolts on the case.... Dude if your going to slam some publicly at least keep it believeable.

My next door neighbor has a CPR motor. Its not only clean BUT it kicks A$$ too.
OverSpray
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hummmm, I know of a Chico engine that is Bad arse...clean, no leaks .....

Plus he's a stand up guy. Did you talk to Chico about this ,before bashing him here?

http://www.facebook.com/pages/OvertonsResto/219003816997?ref=ts
steel buggin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

36 hp engine? I don't even build those. This guy emailed me to see if I rebuilt 36 hp. I responded with no, but I have one sitting in my garage that was built by a friend four years ago. After talking to my buddy, he said to go ahead and sell it for him for a price of $500.00. From what I knew, all of the information I was given was that the engine was a rebuild. I told Vertguy that I would sell to him as is, and he accepted. The only thing I am to blame for is trying to help out my friend and selling HIS 36 hp longblock. I knew the engine sat for awhile, so I told Vertguy I would change the flywheel seal and pushrod tube seals, and I did. The heads did have to be removed to change pushrod tube seals, that work was done by me, and everything went back together the way it should, and no parts were dirty or rusty, from the top end. Now I did receive an email from Vertguy about the problem, and I responded that I would help him out with whatever he needed, even though it was not my engine, and only got a free lunch out of it. I never received a response from Vertguy, so I don't understand why he is bad mouthing me, when I offered to help him out on a motor that isn't even mine. If he would have responded to me, I would have done everything possible to make him happy, as I do with all of my customers. All of my engines come with a warranty, and I was willing to help you out, even though this was not my engine. Since you have decided to bad mouth me, that same offer will NOT be extended again to you.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Erik G
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

steel buggin wrote:
and only got a free lunch out of it

see, proof there ain't no free lunch
eurobug55
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 8:37 pm    Post subject: 36hp engine Reply with quote

you told me you built the engine for a friend and that it had been sitting in your garage for two years. you lied to me.
steel buggin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never lied to you. I don't lie to any of my customers. I am sorry your engine is not what you wanted it to be..But, for the LAST time, I did not build that engine, and I did NOT tell you that I did. I really don't appreciate being called a liar. I am not going to sit here and argue with you, which is what you obviously want. I am simply stating the exact way it happened, which is something you did not. All you want to do is bad mouth me, and put me down. I don't chose to do the same. My engines speak for themselves. Funny you are the only person who has complained, when 90% of my customers are from the Samba. This is the last time I will say this, you paid for an engine AS IS. You knew where it came from and how long it sat. I tried to help you in whatever way I could, and you didn't respond. That is your problem, not mine. I don't chose to respond to anything else you have to say. I am sorry you are such an unhappy person, and need to put other people down to make yourself feel better. Have a nice day!
Fusillade
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's ok Chico. You may have lost one customer but you probably gained a dozen or more with the performance of your engine at dyno day. The engine you built for Sheets was sharp and fast. Having met you and seen your work, I'd recommend you to anyone.
steel buggin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks every one like I said my engines speak for themselves and my customers and friends know the work I put out there.Thanks
61 Rag
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vertguy59 give it a rest. We all know Chico is a standup guy that stands behind HIS engines. How many engine builders do you know what would fly from the West Coast to the East Coast to be there when the engine is dynoed? My engine runs great and absolutely no leaks.

Go somewhere else and complain, it's not doing you any good here.
wilbur
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lets see some pictures of the dyno RUN?
steel buggin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have picture of it on a at the flywheel dyno where here in SoCal made 176bhp and 173trq at the dyno event in Georgia it made 140.8hp and 148trq at the rear wheels.

There is a video clip also out there of it making numbers on the chassis dyno I will tyr to get it.Thank you
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
Baby Sheets
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't see any rust on that one Wink

BS
Tiny Troll
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 10:01 am    Post subject: Re: Chico Performance Racing (Anibal) Reply with quote

vertguy59 wrote:
Terrible Engines people. bought a 36hp rebuilt engine from this guy. old rusty parts and missing bolts that hold the block together. old pistons liners and who knows what else. rockers were dirty and rusty. leaks like there isnt even a gasket in the thing. so dont bother buying one from this guy.

After reading all the replies I'll stick my 2 cents in here. I have never met Joe face to face having only dealt with him on the phone. He has not lied to me and at no time mis-represented any of his products, even when there was a billing/shipping mix-up he took the time to get it straight and call me back to confirm the resolution. Considering the distance between his location and mine the opportunity for any "shenanigans" or shady busisness practices was certainly available. I have found the entire Chirco organization to be very up-front and honest about what they have and at no time have I had any qualms about thier level of integrity.

later, Tiny Troll
Raleigh, NC
bljones
Resident Wit

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tinytroll, i think you may be confused. Chirco and Chico are two different vendors.
Author of Original Rant #1
"It stingd itself to dead... now that is control on you"

2%
wilbur
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmmmm.
Now only if I could get that single poster from France who stuck up for you ( who you did the 912 conversion) to respond that fast Laughing ...
Tiny Troll
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bljones wrote:
Tinytroll, i think you may be confused. Chirco and Chico are two different vendors.

yep....pooped in my hat on that one.....sorry...I was drinkin early yesterday.

later, tiny troll
split66
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chico built me a great 2110 that is blowing everything away in my bus... he helped me over the phone more times than i can count when i needed to speak to him about stuff, he gladly packed and repacked my motor to fit in all the stuff i had delivered to him from other samba buys, and he did everything he could to help me out.. i cannot recommed him highly enough - we should all be supporting excellent vw'ers like this, they are the muscle behind the whole vw scene..

Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Jump to:
Page 1 of 15

Jump to: