Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

The new kid on the block, my 62.
Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Uli62
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 3:14 am    Post subject: The new kid on the block, my 62. Reply with quote

Hello all, I'm a new Samba member and wanted to share my latest addition. My first two cars were a 63 ragtop baja (why the PO cut the body who knows) and a 70 Sedan. This is my 62 "Uli", I picked him up a week ago, just wanted to share. Cheers.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Pinetops
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 5:18 am    Post subject: Re: The new kid on the block, my 62. Reply with quote

Nice looking car!
Uli62
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 5:27 am    Post subject: Re: The new kid on the block, my 62. Reply with quote

Thanks! I scored on this one, not 100% correct but close. I'm working on the finishing it off over the winter, it's solid.
rcroane Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 6:16 am    Post subject: Re: The new kid on the block, my 62. Reply with quote

Really nice and clean. Welcome to the Samba.

Now, PLEASE move that fuel filter out of the engine bay! Disaster waiting to happen.
gt1953
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 6:37 am    Post subject: Re: The new kid on the block, my 62. Reply with quote

Nice 62 find in the Rust belt. I used to live in Parkville for a while. Also drove one of my car to the MoKan car show last May. Just courious what needs to be done to complete it. Sure looks nice.

72 type 1
72 Squareback
({59 Euro bug, 62, 63, 67, 68, 69, 73 type ones 68 & 69 type two, 68 Ghia all sold})
Uli62
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 6:53 am    Post subject: Re: The new kid on the block, my 62. Reply with quote

rcroane wrote:
Really nice and clean. Welcome to the Samba.

Now, PLEASE move that fuel filter out of the engine bay! Disaster waiting to happen.

Oh yes, it's coming off. There's some shotty wiring so the motor is coming out and a new loom going in. I'm replacing all the lines and making everything correct.
Uli62
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 6:59 am    Post subject: Re: The new kid on the block, my 62. Reply with quote

gt1953 wrote:
Nice 62 find in the Rust belt. I used to live in Parkville for a while. Also drove one of my car to the MoKan car show last May. Just courious what needs to be done to complete it. Sure looks nice.

Small world, I found the car just north of Wichita KS. It doesn't need much, mostly little things but I putting a new wiring loom in. The wheel is cracked and is from a later model so I'm replacing the whole thing. Needs a new fuel gauge, wiper motor switch, brake light switch, some bulbs etc. like I said mostly small stuff. I'm debating on going back to a stale heat or not. One of the heat exchangers is stuck. The hood isn't correct either, it's all about the money now lol. It's a solid foundation tho.
79SuperVert
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 7:10 am    Post subject: Re: The new kid on the block, my 62. Reply with quote

Nice car. Good luck with it.

Wanted: Art Collins VW (Savannah, Georgia) items - license plate surrounds and other items. Also ivory "AM", "FM" and "SW" buttons for a US Blaupunkt Frankfurt.
SixtyThreeRag
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 8:00 am    Post subject: Re: The new kid on the block, my 62. Reply with quote

Damn nice car.
irvanm
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 5:35 pm    Post subject: Re: The new kid on the block, my 62. Reply with quote

Great color combination, pretty car.
Dwayne1m
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 7:04 pm    Post subject: Re: The new kid on the block, my 62. Reply with quote

Awesome. Nothing says classic better then black.
BLAU GEIST
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2015 7:41 am    Post subject: Re: The new kid on the block, my 62. Reply with quote

That car rules, that paint / interior combination is so timeless and classy, I would totally drive that thing stock all day....
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: