Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Wolfsburg West
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Braukuche
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been buying from them since he '90s and it never ceases to amaze me how fast I get my parts. Ordered a floor and inner rockers for a bus yesterday afternoon around 2pm and had them at my door, on a Sat., at 11am.

Retirement is here!
1956 Ghia
1959 SO-23 Westfalia
1960 double cab
1960 Baja Bug
1963 stretched double cab
1962 Golde sunroof Ghia
1963 356 B coupe
1963 Notchback
1967 21 window less rusty now
1973 Ghia convertible
Evilrift
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If only I could have ordered all my parts from them. Good website, great shipping, decent prices, 90% of the products have been top notch. I always check them first before going to one of the other providers.
lightice
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unable to find body components from the website now.
Please add body/window category. I am looking for popout window parts, can't find it unless keying in part numbers.
mahan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great shipping and customer service, some of their sheet metal is great such as their floor pans, others tend to need modifications to fit right Crying or Very sad but overall a great attribution to the VW sene Very Happy
fizzbang
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ordered another lot of a bunch of random parts I needed for a build (1959 panel this time) off of their website after my first 'big' order.

Again, forgot some things and called, had them add (not the first time) some items I missed. WW correctly had all of my parts in my order, and no extra charge on shipping (thanks).

BUT...

I posting this to say something about the WW wiring loom I ordered.

I've ordered and installed 2 complete bus looms before (1960 early year Mango Bus and a 1966 21 Window) from CIP1 because I had a coupon. And I knew the looms were from Wiring Works in CA. Like most CIP1 stuff you need to know what you're getting. Great product, good directions and after some samba time and other reference buses I own to look at I figured those wiring looms out.

The WW made wiring loom I opened tonight and started the install on is far superior. I'm so happy after a quick pull of the main loom and after going over the VERY detailed instruction book, that I had most of it installed and figured out without having to go to the forums or the other buses for reference.

It's for an earlier 1959 bus and has all of the correct screw in type of connectors and included parts. The wires are all color codded correctly, the covering rubber shafts are great quality. But the directions are great. Very detailed and a lot of diagrams and hints on what to do for different models (like a 3rd brake light, or gas gauge). They also included the overhead dome light loom that the other kits didn't have.

So impressed and happy at the amount of work I did tonight with the wiring on a bus year I'm not familiar with the wiring on. All because of this loom and directions.
Rustforlife
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The O.G. harness on the '56 had been hacked and spliced countless times in its 59 years. During my ownership stint, I have been finding and repairing what I could by soldering and heatshrink.
2 wks ago the front harness gave up on me and melted. I ordered a new 56-57 harness from WW and had it next day shipped as the big show is a couple weeks away.
Install was easy, but time consuming. There was a set of great instructions included. Thanks guys, you saved my show weekend! Very Happy
texstardetail
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have always been hesitant to order parts online again due to being burned multiple times when I was in the mini truck scene. After browsing WW's website, which is extremely detailed, and reading some reviews, I felt assured I was going to be in good hands. Talk about a smooth transaction! I made a decent order and received it in 3 days! Quality parts, great packaging, fast shipping, and no BS. I since have placed another order and the tracking shows it to arrive in the same time. WW will be my main source of parts, period. Vendors like this set the standard on how a vendors should be. I give WW a SOLID 10 out of 10. If you are on the fence about ordering from them, you will not be disappointed with WW.
MagmaJctAz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wolfsburg West seems to be the only supplier that carries the large diameter vapor hose that connects the top of the fuel tank to the filler neck. (2 pieces.) The hose is pre-bent, using a standard hose just folds.

Unfortunately, after about 9 months it was cracking and leaking. As a temporary fix I wrapped it in electrical tape. Priorities have shifted as always. My plan is to order another hose from them, if it too fails I'll have to inform them. Maybe their supplier isn't making them ethanol resistant?

I wish they'd move into offering Type 3 products. But all around high quality products from their selection.

Regards,
Mike
60vwnewengland
Twin #2

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Part 1:
I'm a long time WW customer, I called last week after my ignition wire from the coil to the fuse box melted. I installed in my 59 swivel seat a WW harness last August, and it was partly my fault and bad luck the wire melted. I called last week to see if I could order just the main harness for my bus, I had the part number and everything. The employee who took my phone call was less than enthusiastic about my phone call. I told him I didn't need the headlight harness or anything, just the main harness. I thought it was a reasonable request.

He said WW doesn't sell just the main harness and that I should contact wiring works. I asked him if he could provide me the telephone number for wiring works, and he told me to look it up on the Internet. Which is a total lack of customer service.

I don't know if the dude working the desk was having a bad day or what, but he didn't offer any assistance, ideas, or telephone numbers of where I could order the main harness. I found the harness I needed on CIP1. So it looks like they'll receive my business for this purchase, and it's a wiring works harness!

Part 2:
Shipping and possible discounts. I spent most of 2013 and 2014 rebuilding/restoring my 59 swivel seat kombi. Every week I'd order more than $100 or $200 worth of parts form WW, and started to wonder why WW doesn't have free shipping after a certain dollar amount? I'm sure the guys at WW noticed they were sending parts to Washington DC every week, a shipping credit or 10% discount for frequent customers would have been nice. I must have spent close to $2k worth of parts from WW. Shipping is fast, normal priority/fedex speed, nothing fancy.

CIP1 offers free shipping after $100, and the shipping was fast! I would order on Sunday night, and my parts would arrive by Thursday or Friday night. Not bad for west to east coast FREE shipping.

I will still order from WW because they have the hard to find and quality parts. However, I always order from CIP1 first, because CIP1 has free shipping after $100. Then get the remainder of my order from WW. Frankly, CIP1 has the same parts or more options, for example, the main wiring harness from the engine to the front fuse box for my bus, and I'll get free shipping.

Win me back WW!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
VWsArent4Hippies
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

60vwnewengland wrote:

Part 2:
Shipping and possible discounts. I spent most of 2013 and 2014 rebuilding/restoring my 59 swivel seat kombi. Every week I'd order more than $100 or $200 worth of parts form WW, and started to wonder why WW doesn't have free shipping after a certain dollar amount? I'm sure the guys at WW noticed they were sending parts to Washington DC every week, a shipping credit or 10% discount for frequent customers would have been nice. I must have spent close to $2k worth of parts from WW. Shipping is fast, normal priority/fedex speed, nothing fancy.

CIP1 offers free shipping after $100, and the shipping was fast! I would order on Sunday night, and my parts would arrive by Thursday or Friday night. Not bad for west to east coast FREE shipping.

I will still order from WW because they have the hard to find and quality parts. However, I always order from CIP1 first, because CIP1 has free shipping after $100. Then get the remainder of my order from WW. Frankly, CIP1 has the same parts or more options, for example, the main wiring harness from the engine to the front fuse box for my bus, and I'll get free shipping.

Win me back WW!

Dan, you have to understand that WW and CIP1 are two completely different companies in the way they're set up.

CIP1 is a company that does nothing but buy and resell parts. They don't research and develop their own products. WW puts out a small fortune i'm sure for that stuff. From sheet metal to rubber products, etc. That stuff takes serious man hours and cash to make happen.

When you're doing nothing but bringing stuff in, and sending it right back out the door, you can afford to offer free shipping because you make up for it in sheer quantity. Don't be blinded by the free shipping though. A lot of times, CIP1's prices are higher on the same item, than WW. So do your research!

It's also been my experience that WW take a lot more pride in their packaging than CIP1. Again, better packaging costs more. I've always been pretty impressed by the very reasonable shipping costs from WW.

I personally would much rather spend a few extra dollars with a company that continuously brings new products to the table, and supports the VW community as much as WW does. Big box stores aren't always the way to go, shop small!

As far as the customer service goes, I would say your experience is not the norm. Check CIP1's feedback, they have their fair share of bad customer service reviews. I would put WW's return policy up against CIP1's any day of the week as well
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Braukuche
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

VWsArent4Hippies wrote:
60vwnewengland wrote:

Part 2:

Win me back WW!

Dan, you have to understand that WW and CIP1 are two completely different companies in the way they're set up.

CIP1 is a company that does nothing but buy and resell parts. They don't research and develop their own products. WW puts out a small fortune i'm sure for that stuff. From sheet metal to rubber products, etc. That stuff takes serious man hours and cash to make happen.

When you're doing nothing but bringing stuff in, and sending it right back out the door, you can afford to offer free shipping because you make up for it in sheer quantity. Don't be blinded by the free shipping though. A lot of times, CIP1's prices are higher on the same item, than WW. So do your research!

It's also been my experience that WW take a lot more pride in their packaging than CIP1. Again, better packaging costs more. I've always been pretty impressed by the very reasonable shipping costs from WW.
Rs
I personally would much rather spend a few extra dollars with a company that continuously brings new products to the table, and supports the VW community as much as WW does. Big box stores aren't always the way to go, shop small!

As far as the customer service goes, I would say your experience is not the norm. Check CIP1's feedback, they have their fair share of bad customer service reviews. I would put WW's return policy up against CIP1's any day of the week as well

WW used to offer club discounts years ago but apparently some people were being douche bags about it and the discontinued that policy. I think they are pretty tight about selling at a discount to even businesses let alone individuals. I bet I have spent nearly $100k with them since the early 90s and I don't get a discount. Whatever, if it bugged me that much I would buy from CIP.

Retirement is here!
1956 Ghia
1959 SO-23 Westfalia
1960 double cab
1960 Baja Bug
1963 stretched double cab
1962 Golde sunroof Ghia
1963 356 B coupe
1963 Notchback
1967 21 window less rusty now
1973 Ghia convertible
60vwnewengland
Twin #2

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VWsArent4Hippies wrote:
60vwnewengland wrote:

Part 2:

Win me back WW!

You're right Cobly. It is a good idea to keep an eye on both websites!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
curtis4085
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These guys are the best in the business at way they do. Customer service is top notch. Sean goes above and beyond.
bwaz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Super dissappointed with Wolfsburg West, bought a lot of stuff from them in past and was surprised with the treatment on a relatively small order. Had a problem finding a certain cable and emailed Sean to ask if their listing online was correct, was the cable exactly the length advertised? The reply from them was "yes, as advertised". So with that assurance, i ordered two, and a couple other small items that would have fit into an envelope. Got the cables and... They were wrong, not as advertised and too short. I emailed back asking why... And got sorry for the problem, send it back for a refund. So, i did, and they've decided that they won't refund the cost (overpriced shipping of $13.20) only the $5.95 i had to pay for shipping to return it.

I explained again that i only ordered the parts because i was assured they were correct, and as they weren't, don't they feel they should refund that shipping? When is "we're wrong" not a reason to make it right? I'll be skipping Wolfsburg West in future, which is too bad... I don't always agree with the customer is always right... But this time they're just wrong. I don't know how much more of a good customer i could be in asking the specific questions in advance of a purchase, and getting confirmation that they're product was what i needed.
bwaz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting to see that wolfsburg west now agrees with the error enough to change their webpage to show 3185mm, from the 3200mm the promised being correct. No appology or thanks for pointing out we were wrong, we'll change the page so no one else gets bone by our mistake so we can make some $$ on shipping a part we know is wrong. Make sure you ask about their shipping an return policy...
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
ROCKOROD71
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah they suck as bad as everyone else with a large inventory. Every company is great until you have a problem. Wolfsburg west has been selling and shipping out faulty and/or REALLY bad quality fuel pump rebuild kits for a long while now. They are hazardous, could cause a fire, and at the least will leave you stranded on the side of the road. They have been notified by many customers and they still ship the garbage out and pray a lawsuit doesn't land in their laps.

I have had zero problems with CIP1, Airhead Parts, and astoundingly, very few issues with MAM, but I have had issues large enough for me to avoid dealing with WW AND West Coast Metric, two companies where it seems everyone is on their jock for being the best at what they do.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ what can you do?

30 years from now, the next guy may not want your girlfriend, but he may want your classic car, depending on how nice you were to it.

asiab3 wrote:

Careful guys, a petulant child can grow up to be president these days.

**winter drivers: no survivors!**rust warrior**#keepbodyshopsbusy**
Alphagrey
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 3:26 pm    Post subject: Wolfsburg West vs West Coast Metric door rubber kits Reply with quote

I'm rebuilding my 1965 VW Bug wth my 16 year old son. It has been a great experience. Well now we are driving it and it is obvious that we need new door rubber and window felt tracks, the whole kit. So who's door rubber kit would you buy based on quality and price? Quality fit being the higher prority.
Thanks,
esde
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ROCKOROD71 wrote:
Wolfsburg west has been selling and shipping out faulty and/or REALLY bad quality fuel pump rebuild kits for a long while now. They are hazardous, could cause a fire, and at the least will leave you stranded on the side of the road. They have been notified by many customers and they still ship the garbage out and pray a lawsuit doesn't land in their laps.

Can you shed some more light on this? Either as a link here, or PM me. I have not had any issues with them, or heard of any, though I have used several of their kits on customers cars. If there is a specific part in question I would like to be aware of it. Thanks.
Brian
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kinda upset man, bought an accelerator repair kit from WW early this year. Just went to leave a friend's house and it dun broked. Not cool man.

'69 Bug
'68 Baja Truck
'71 Bug
'68 Camper

Only losers litter
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Brian
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Follow up:

I sent them an email, and they're replacing the part free of charge. 10/10 still love their service.

'69 Bug
'68 Baja Truck
'71 Bug
'68 Camper

Only losers litter
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next
Jump to:
Page 20 of 23

Jump to: