Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Wolfsburg West
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22, 23  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
bwaz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brian wrote:
Follow up:

I sent them an email, and they're replacing the part free of charge. 10/10 still love their service.

Service, i'm still a LOT less than a 10/10. For a couple of bucks, why not keep the customer happy, word of mouth is a strong thing. Once a VW person, always a VW person, we'll likely be buying a lot more parts in future.
60vwnewengland
Twin #2

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

60vwnewengland wrote:
VWsArent4Hippies wrote:
60vwnewengland wrote:

Part 2:
Shipping and possible discounts. I spent most of 2013 and 2014 rebuilding/restoring my 59 swivel seat kombi. Every week I'd order more than $100 or $200 worth of parts form WW, and started to wonder why WW doesn't have free shipping after a certain dollar amount? I'm sure the guys at WW noticed they were sending parts to Washington DC every week, a shipping credit or 10% discount for frequent customers would have been nice. I must have spent close to $2k worth of parts from WW. Shipping is fast, normal priority/fedex speed, nothing fancy.

CIP1 offers free shipping after $100, and the shipping was fast! I would order on Sunday night, and my parts would arrive by Thursday or Friday night. Not bad for west to east coast FREE shipping.

I will still order from WW because they have the hard to find and quality parts. However, I always order from CIP1 first, because CIP1 has free shipping after $100. Then get the remainder of my order from WW. Frankly, CIP1 has the same parts or more options, for example, the main wiring harness from the engine to the front fuse box for my bus, and I'll get free shipping.

Win me back WW!

Dan, you have to understand that WW and CIP1 are two completely different companies in the way they're set up.

CIP1 is a company that does nothing but buy and resell parts. They don't research and develop their own products. WW puts out a small fortune i'm sure for that stuff. From sheet metal to rubber products, etc. That stuff takes serious man hours and cash to make happen.

When you're doing nothing but bringing stuff in, and sending it right back out the door, you can afford to offer free shipping because you make up for it in sheer quantity. Don't be blinded by the free shipping though. A lot of times, CIP1's prices are higher on the same item, than WW. So do your research!

It's also been my experience that WW take a lot more pride in their packaging than CIP1. Again, better packaging costs more. I've always been pretty impressed by the very reasonable shipping costs from WW.

I personally would much rather spend a few extra dollars with a company that continuously brings new products to the table, and supports the VW community as much as WW does. Big box stores aren't always the way to go, shop small!

As far as the customer service goes, I would say your experience is not the norm. Check CIP1's feedback, they have their fair share of bad customer service reviews. I would put WW's return policy up against CIP1's any day of the week as well

You're right Cobly. It is a good idea to keep an eye on both websites!!

Update to my previous feedback. If ordering a WW fuse block, solder the back side of the brass connections so they make contact and provide constant power. The fuse block I ordered with the wiring harness barely lasted 12months and broke into 15 different pieces when I replaced with a cleaned up VW fuse block.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
wcfvw69 Premium Member
Samba Purist

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another transaction with WW. Amazing packaging and quick shipping as always. I bought three items they make. Hinges, hinge seals and splash pans seals for my 70' bay. All fit nicely. Now, they just need to make some repro splash pans for 68-71.

What continues to bring me back to WW is the fact that they support the VW community and have hard to find parts made. The majority of the other VW parts vendors only sell what they can buy from China.

I wish more VW parts sellers would add to the hobby by getting hard to find parts remade w/good quality and value.

Decades of VW and VW parts restoration experience.
The Samba member since 2004.

**Now rebuilding throttle bodies for VW's and Porsche's**
**Restored German Bosch distributors for sale or I can restore yours**
**Restored German Pierburg fuel pumps for sale or I can restore yours**
**Restored Porsche fuel pumps or I can restore yours**
**Restored Porsche distributors or I can restore yours**
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
andk5591
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2015 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is kind of funny - just posted CIP1 feedback yesterday. I use them and WW primarily and each company has their strengths and weaknesses, on product quality and pricing so I order accordingly. Yeah as far as pricing, they are sometimes higher, but not always. They surprise me on occasion in a good way.

The 2 places where WW shines is fast shipping and the parts that are "made by WW" are typically excellant quality. Just got one of their fuel tanks for a 66. Close to the same money as the generic that many places sell, but much better quality and its powder coated!. WAY nicer.

I feel strongly that most of the VW parts vendors try to satisfy their customers - some a little better than others...Never had issues with WW myself, but nobody is perfect. Shit happens, so stay calm, be reasonable in your requests and be honest. If YOU screwed up, admit it. Like if you accidentally odered 6V headlights for a 12V car and fried them... Embarassed

Of course there are some vendors with a really pretty catalog that comes out frequently with some amazingly gaudy cover pics that dont seem to give a shit.
"John's car" 64 VW woodie - The first ever
Maxine 61 Cal-look bug - Cindy's daily driver.
Max - 73 standard Beetle hearse project - For sale
66 bug project - Real patina & Suby conversion
There's more, but not keeping them...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
tb03830
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 8:15 am    Post subject: Re: Wolfsburg West Reply with quote

My intention is to talk about problems I have had with Wolfsburg West recently. Let me state up front I have never had an issue before with them but this issue I do think the VW community needs to hear about.

In 2015 and 2016 I ordered thousands of dollars of parts from Wolfsburg West and other parts dealers with the intent (still in progress) on fully rebuilding my 1964 Beetle. Since we were not buying extremely high priced parts we expected to have to work to persuade the parts/metal to fit. There is a lot of rust so we had to buy a lot of metal to replace the areas of rust. One of those areas is the support brackets on the rear of the body in the finder wells. We bought both sides and discovered that the brackets were manufactured wrong. Specifically the brackets were placed at the wrong angle.

Yellow line is the manufactured angle and the red line is the correct angle.
Image may have been reduced in size.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

I reported the issue to Wolfsburg West Customer service with only the intent on letting them know about the issue so they could correct it since I had cut up both pieces in order to use them. What I got back in response floored me. I was not looking for a refund or a credit or anything but after the response I thought they should own up to the issue and stop selling this product until fixed. What I got back via email shows that Wolfsburg West has know about the issue for 10+ years and is still selling a defective part at full price with no regard for quality but for profit. In the end they said they would refund my money but that is not at all what I asked for or even indicated. They may have meant they would refund the money even if I could not return them but that is not real clear.

Frankly I am a little perplexed by any company that would send out defective parts knowingly then act like it is no big deal and if caught say return them and we will give you a refund. If I am correct it is border line illegal. Decide for your selves. Here is the exact wording from a Wolfsburg West representative via email.

*****INITIAL EMAIL*****
To Whom it may concern.

I ordered Item number 111809085CC and 111809086CC (SHCK AREA-66(L&R)). I have had an issue with the fabricated metal. I wanted to make sure you are aware of the issue. I began to install Item number 111809086CC (R) and found that it did not matches up right to my body (1964, Type I Beetle). I expected some work to be needed to get it to fit but I discovered a huge flaw in the manufactured parts that are attached to it. I am attaching photos of the repair process but please note that the Yellow line on one of the photos shows the bracket were it lies and the Red line shows were it should be from a center axis point of view. Now I know it is not exact but I found that the bracket is not placed on the right axis as it was manufactured. I had to remove the bracket by removing all of the factory spot welds and will have to add it back on after I get the back plate attached. Please note that I made measurements and such from the original bracket that was rusty but in the right position to make sure I got it placed right.

Have I failed to note something or is it manufacturing issue?

Not sure what happened?

Tim
****RESPONSE***
Hello Tim.

Thank you for the email.

You have not missed anything this is a manufacturing issue that has been going on for 10+ years.

The company that produces this product is aware of the issue, as we have told them multiple times. They have said they will fix it, but the problem still continues.

Glad you were able to make it work.

Sorry for the troubles.

Thank you.
****RESPONSE****
OK, So you knew it was a problem and still sent it to me? How are you going to make the is right. Quite honestly that really ticks me off. If you had not been aware of the issue I would have understood but you knew about it for 10+ years and still sent it to me and charged me the same price for a defective product?
*****RESPONSE*****
Timothy,

If you want to return the product we can refund you.

I look forward to your reply.
****FINAL****

I am not sure what to repond with.

Now as I stated I have cut the items up to make them work and can not return them so returning them is out but WOW!

Remember this is an issue with this one part(s) but is indicative of other shady processes and mindset so buyer beware and as I said before this is the first time I have had a real issue with them.

1964 Convertible Bug - 1600cc SP engine with a stock H30/31 Carb and SVDA Distributor - Swing Arm Highway Flyer Tranny, Gene Berg's Temperature Dipstick, 2.5" drop spindles, 2" narrowed adjustable front end. Chromed OEM fan tower.
ROCKOROD71
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 8:43 am    Post subject: Re: Wolfsburg West Reply with quote

MEH. They been selling defective fuel pump rebuild kits that could possibly burn your car to the ground for about as long, had multiple people point out the defects in them (couple of threads on this across the forums if you search), and they have done NOTHING. Still available at full price. Just another business day in America. USA! USA! USA!

I mean, what are we supposed to do? Not much choice but to make your own parts otherwise. Vendors like this have us over a barrel. They could give two shits about this feedback thread too. Don't think WW has ever read it or responded to it.

Thanks for reporting though.

30 years from now, the next guy may not want your girlfriend, but he may want your classic car, depending on how nice you were to it.

asiab3 wrote:

Careful guys, a petulant child can grow up to be president these days.

**winter drivers: no survivors!**rust warrior**#keepbodyshopsbusy**
wcfvw69 Premium Member
Samba Purist

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 9:05 am    Post subject: Re: Wolfsburg West Reply with quote

ROCKOROD71 wrote:
MEH. They been selling defective fuel pump rebuild kits that could possibly burn your car to the ground for about as long, had multiple people point out the defects in them (couple of threads on this across the forums if you search), and they have done NOTHING. Still available at full price. Just another business day in America. USA! USA! USA!

I mean, what are we supposed to do? Not much choice but to make your own parts otherwise. Vendors like this have us over a barrel. They could give two shits about this feedback thread too. Don't think WW has ever read it or responded to it.

Thanks for reporting though.

I agree that WW does knowingly sell a lot of junk thats been reported to them. Sadly, what VW parts reseller doesn't? Anyone selling EMPI products know's most of it is garbage. I just think the vast majority of people buy these parts, realize it's garbage and throw it away w/out going back to the vendor to return it or ask for a refund.

To WW's credit, I've bought some products from them that i was NOT happy with. They took them back w/out any hassle and I was credited.

Luckily, we are all seeing more posts with people asking who makes the best quality this or that. I think it's helping to educate people on what to buy and what not to buy.

We all have to be responsible in researching what products/parts are known good quality and what's not. Lord knows the sellers aren't letting us know.

Decades of VW and VW parts restoration experience.
The Samba member since 2004.

**Now rebuilding throttle bodies for VW's and Porsche's**
**Restored German Bosch distributors for sale or I can restore yours**
**Restored German Pierburg fuel pumps for sale or I can restore yours**
**Restored Porsche fuel pumps or I can restore yours**
**Restored Porsche distributors or I can restore yours**
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Gary Haberman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 3:52 am    Post subject: Re: Wolfsburg West Reply with quote

I'd like to report a happy experience I had with WW. I purchased a grab handle for my '66 T1 and found it almost impossible to install-it was millimeters too small and when I finally was able to get the nuts on (and had to ask for my wife's help) the rubber portion of the handle was pulling out of the chromed ends-now my car isn't all that beautiful and the new one looked a lot better than the one that was in there originally (dried out and partially painted over) but I paid $25 for the handle and I deserved better.
I've bought thousands from WW over the years-most of their stuff is first rate, some just doesn't fit right-most of the time, like others here will make it fit, toss it in their parts bin or just toss it. I didn't want to let it go this time so I wrote a nice email to WW and got a response from Sean apologizing for part and promising to send a replacement that fit properly-and he did-and I installed it yesterday and indeed, it did fit properly so well that I installed myself (saving my wife for my engine pull..she said she's thrilled).
So it pays to complain. My faith in WW restored.
windfish
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 7:21 am    Post subject: Re: Wolfsburg West Reply with quote

I'm still a little irked by the shoddy fuel pump rebuild kit I got from them a couple years ago (topic), but that's the only part I've been unhappy with.
They've nearly always shipped the same day I order, and if I order by Tuesday I usually have it by Friday with standard shipping (East coast US).

Mostly recently, I bought fuel filler hoses for my '70 bug from them ~4 years ago, noticed a strong gas smell in the cabin after filling up on Monday. Found the filler hoses had cracked and the bottom of the top hose was damp.
Emailed them yesterday for grins asking if this was normal and Sean replied back within a few hours that they're sending out a new pair today. Got the shipping notification that evening.

Honestly didn't expect (or request) that, it's a 4 year old rubber part.
Granted it should have lasted longer than it did, but I wasn't expecting them to replace 'em.

So, you know, I wouldn't rate them quite a 10/10, but as of today its closer.
gondiwindi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 12:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Wolfsburg West Reply with quote

I have been buying parts from WW for years and when I get to a sticking point I feel very confident shooting off an email or calling them and they are always happy to help without making me feel like a loser. Their parts quality is excellent and are vastly superior to the others in the marketplace (which like others, I learned the hard way).

Fortunately, there is a choice in the aircooled replacements parts market and folks can choose their preferred provider that meets their needs and wallets. With VW cutting loose on the aircooled VW community I consider WW to be the de facto Volkswagen replacement for parts and to an extent service (Q&A).
mikemikeinphilly
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 11:09 am    Post subject: Re: Wolfsburg West Reply with quote

I too have been buying parts from Wolfsburg West for quite awhile and i always thought they were the best! I never even looked to compare prices, I bought from them because I really trusted their business! I had installed a bug headliner about 5 years ago that was bought from them and all turned out well! Ordered one this year which turned out to be crap MOHAIR material! I understand that it is bought from a supplier, but Wolfsburg West in my mind was giving it the OK when they are still offering it! I called Customer Service, and talked to Sean.....he told me he was the right guy to talk to!? He basically told me they sell 1,000's of parts and they can't check everything.....he then told me if I was unhappy to send it back, this is after I told him I had it about 75% installed! Lousy Headliner that I am now living with! I no longer buy everything from Wolfsburg West and I don't think they are the best any longer! And Sean's Customer Service skills are a little rusty!
67ctbug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 3:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Wolfsburg West Reply with quote

I've had good and bad experiences with Wolfsburg West. I buy practically everything from them, I don't really bother with prices because I hear they are the best. When I ordered my bumper mount panels, there website says for '66-'73 US cars. Well I receive them, they don't match the original and then I call them and they say the will work. I don't think so, so I will have to get another.
I then need floors. They were out of stock so I called. I asked how long and the guy said 6 weeks. A few days after I bought the lower quality ones they were in stock Rolling Eyes Mad . They need to step up there game a bit. I appreciate there stuff and that they make good parts but estimating 6 weeks and getting 6 days... come on!!!!
'63 Ragtop
'73 914
'73 Dodge W200
'72 Dodge Wrecker
Go Cubs!
World Series Champions 2016
KentPS wrote:
...or the PO envied the terrorists' bus in "Back to the Future". Laughing

mukluk wrote:
He's fine, just waiting for the dragon in winklepickers to move out of his lane.
67ctbug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Wolfsburg West Reply with quote

Here's what I'm talking about.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

'63 Ragtop
'73 914
'73 Dodge W200
'72 Dodge Wrecker
Go Cubs!
World Series Champions 2016
KentPS wrote:
...or the PO envied the terrorists' bus in "Back to the Future". Laughing

mukluk wrote:
He's fine, just waiting for the dragon in winklepickers to move out of his lane.
Sharp64
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Wolfsburg West Reply with quote

Ordered multiple times from WW. Fast ship, quality is good. My only true bitch is for the love of God.... PLEASE GET SET UP TO ACCEPT PAYPAL!!! I'm not going to lie, been a couple of times I have bought elsewhere because I could use PP vs my credit/debit card. Get with the times.
“...some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.” - Michael Caine
VWsArent4Hippies
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 2:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Wolfsburg West Reply with quote

Sharp64 wrote:
Ordered multiple times from WW. Fast ship, quality is good. My only true bitch is for the love of God.... PLEASE GET SET UP TO ACCEPT PAYPAL!!! I'm not going to lie, been a couple of times I have bought elsewhere because I could use PP vs my credit/debit card. Get with the times.

A PayPal debit card allows you to use your paypal balance for purchases anywhere Mastercard is accepted (and gives you 1% back at the end of the month for doing so) Get with the times.
Sharp64
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 6:20 am    Post subject: Re: Wolfsburg West Reply with quote

VWsArent4Hippies wrote:
Sharp64 wrote:

A PayPal debit card allows you to use your paypal balance for purchases anywhere Mastercard is accepted (and gives you 1% back at the end of the month for doing so) Get with the times.

Good point, but I try to limit the amount of "cards" that I have around even if they are debit cards.
“...some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.” - Michael Caine
ROCKOROD71
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 7:27 am    Post subject: Re: Wolfsburg West Reply with quote

Sharp64 wrote:
VWsArent4Hippies wrote:
Sharp64 wrote:

Good point, but I try to limit the amount of "cards" that I have around even if they are debit cards.

Mad that WW limits the way he can pay.
Also limits the ways he can pay WW.

Get with the times MAN.

30 years from now, the next guy may not want your girlfriend, but he may want your classic car, depending on how nice you were to it.

asiab3 wrote:

Careful guys, a petulant child can grow up to be president these days.

**winter drivers: no survivors!**rust warrior**#keepbodyshopsbusy**
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 8:54 am    Post subject: Re: Wolfsburg West Reply with quote

Sharp64 wrote:
VWsArent4Hippies wrote:
Sharp64 wrote:

A bit off topic but I don't like using debit cards for anything and letting Paypal, who is not a bank and not subject to their laws, be involved in that sort of thing seems even worse.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
TDCTDI
Samba Advocatus Diaboli

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:50 am    Post subject: Re: Wolfsburg West Reply with quote

Just use a reloadable prepaid visa/MasterCard & only put money on it for the intended purchase. That way there is no way anything can be charged to it or can be linked to any other account.

GOFUNDYOURSELF, quit asking everyone to do it for you!

An air cooled VW will make you a hoarder.

Do something, anything, to your project every day, and you will eventually complete it.
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 4:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Wolfsburg West Reply with quote

TDCTDI wrote:
Just use a reloadable prepaid visa/MasterCard & only put money on it for the intended purchase. That way there is no way anything can be charged to it or can be linked to any other account.

I guess you mean a prepaid Debit card.

You might as well use a real credit card at that point with all the protections and benefits.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22, 23  Next
Jump to:
Page 21 of 23

Jump to: