Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

west coast metric quality going down the tube
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
volksaddict
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 6:39 am    Post subject: west coast metric quality going down the tube Reply with quote

I've been buying west coast metric rubber for over 20 years! Once upon a time they were tops for quality and fit. Last couple orders though have been disapointing. Their truck rear window seal should be a inch or 2 shorter than a bus small back window, but they are cutting corners by selling the same part, making the truck window a bitch to fit, stuffing the extra rubber in the hole. The early ghia taillight seals and door handle seals they just sent me are damn flat pieces of rubber! No lip around the outside, just flat pieces! Hell, if I wanted that I could cut up an old inner tube! And half my last order of around 300 bucks was back ordered. Now I have to return the crap they sent me and I only have half a set of door seals. And I'm short a set of door window felts since their "complete door kit" only comes with inner felts. Guess it's time to find another rubber supplier.
Steenkbug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn man, that sucks. I was about to go with WCM on my window/everythingelse seals. Is this an isolated incident with them or has this happened on more than on occasion?
-Me
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
volksaddict
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the incidents i described were on 2 different occasions over a years time.
meinvw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe try East Coast Metric in Kimberton PA. He is a distributor for WCM and has a large stock pile, he might have some of the earlier Quality parts of theirs. Try to look him up, I will try to find his card and post his info. When we lived in PA his brother was my neighbor, and his shop was in the woods behind my house. A really great guy to deal with, and he can find used parts as well. Man I miss living there, him behind me and The Bus Depot less than 20 miles in the other direction! Never had to wait on any parts!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
meinvw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found his info, it is actually East Coast Imports, inc. He is at 65 Prizer Rd. in Kimberton Pa 19442, ph: 610-935-2945, fax: 610-935-1266
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
josh
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

volksaddict,
I too have got some shoddy items from WCM.
It sounds like your talking about bus rubber.
I've had good luck with Busdepot.
They directly import a lot of stuff from europe. A lot of NOS or OE quality stuff at good prices.
Before ordering I would call and ask about the parts manufacturer and how long it will take to get the part.
I once ordered some rubber from them and it took a couple of months to get. It was coming in with a shipment of parts from germany. Good quality parts when they arrived though.
It has however been a couple years since I've bought from them. I hope it has'nt changed.(the quality that is)
meinvw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The bus depot has gone with the cheaper parts. OK quality, but no where close to what they used to have. And be very specific when ordering! We moved to the south about a year ago, we were 19 miles from them. I could get anything when I wanted!!!! But alas the quality has gone down, I just do not think the owner is into it as much as he used to be. Actually stopped by his house about a year ago, he was pretty rude and unfriendly. You never know he might have been in the middle of having some fun with the wife, but his attitude made me start going to East coast imports for parts, at least there he was friendly and I did not have to correct him on the parts he sold me.
josh
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

meinvw wrote:
The bus depot has gone with the cheaper parts. OK quality, but no where close to what they used to have. And be very specific when ordering! We moved to the south about a year ago, we were 19 miles from them. I could get anything when I wanted!!!! But alas the quality has gone down, I just do not think the owner is into it as much as he used to be. Actually stopped by his house about a year ago, he was pretty rude and unfriendly. You never know he might have been in the middle of having some fun with the wife, but his attitude made me start going to East coast imports for parts, at least there he was friendly and I did not have to correct him on the parts he sold me.

I wonder if dealing with shitty customers just wears good people down. I just started a thread illistrating what I mean.
meinvw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

josh wrote:
meinvw wrote:

I wonder if dealing with shitty customers just wears good people down. I just started a thread illistrating what I mean.

I imagine it could, but in their case it seems to be a matter of who can I hire for the least amount of money, and whats my margin on the parts. Out of all my dealings with them, there was only one guy with any knoledge of the parts, and from previous orders of parts the quality has gone down hill.

The customer should not have that big of an impact on the buisness. They claim to sell great parts, if the customers complain about pricing, do not go to cheaper made parts to make up for it. There is always JC whittney for them.
josh
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suppose it could be penny pinching but I remember back in the day they had great quality, prices and customer service.

Maybe it was just too much to maintain.

It's a shame either way.
Tyler 5447
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For quality rubber I would try oeveedub.com. They have awesome rubber and pretty good prices. I have quit using WCM rubber for the most part and only use OEVEEDUB and Wolfsburg west.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: